Ring Ring [Female!Reader]

Start from the beginning

"Alright, alright! Disney Marathon for the real life Disney Princess.", he said, raising his hands in surrender.

You smiled warmly at him and he just shook his head, starting up the first movie for the night. As usual, he took his spot on the end of your bed and you shifted to lay your legs across his lap. You were glad you landed yourself a private dorm. A roommate could easily ruin the cozy silence you both fell into. Though tonight was different, he broke the silence and looked at you with a certain seriousness in his eyes.

"Well. Since I have a real life Disney Princess right here, mind if I ask for some help? Maybe you could lend me some Princess magic."

You fought back a little laugh, oh he was so cute, "Sure, what is it? Need luck for a test?"

"Ha, I wish it were that easy, but no. I uh.. er..", he bit his lip and averted his eyes, "Uhm.."

"Yes?"

He lets out a breath, "Well, there's this girl.."

Your heart thumped loudly in your chest, "Oh?", you ask, trying not to sound to enthusiastic. Now? Here?

"Yeah.. I just.. well, I want to tell her how I feel..but I don't know.. I mean, what if she doesn't even like me? I feel like she might but.."

"You'll never know if you don't say something.", you tell him, urging him on.

He sighs, "I know. I know, but.. man, I've only ever told a girl I liked her once.."

"And?"

Peter shrugs, "She only told me that she knew I did. She agreed to go to Homecoming with me in High School but.. things got complicated and.. she had to go so..yeah."

"I'm sure she liked you.", you said, and you knew who he was referring to. During that time you didn't know him that well, and your feelings for him did not exist. Still, you knew. Liz had liked him.

"I guess. I might not be so lucky this time around..", his lips formed a small pout as he casually played with the end of your pants by your ankle on his lap.

"Peter, you're a great guy. Any girl would be happy to have you like her, I'm sure. Just go for it." Please tell me-

"You think so?"

"I know so.", you assure him.

He flashes you that wonderful smile of his and your stomach does flips, "Thanks. So.. should I do it now? Should I just.. call or something?"

You nod eagerly, "Yes. Definitely. Do it while you still have my Princess Magic giving you confidence."

A little laugh escapes him, "Right! I'll be right back!", he gently slides your legs off his lap and heads out of your dorm room. You have to suppress a giggle at the bounce in his step. He's so cute and sweet. Even more so in the PJ's he just changed into. He was going to stay the night like always. You'd get to wake up to the sight of him sleeping soundly on a little air mattress. Sunlight spilling from your blinds and brushing over his face, enhancing his small freckles just for you. His hair was always a mess in the morning and he had a raspy sleep-filled voice that just made you melt when he said good morning to you. You yearned to be able to wake up with him next to you, comfortable enough to be shirtless and have you holding him close.

He'd been gone a few minutes, and you found yourself still staring at your phone. Was your service not good enough in your room? Why hasn't it rung yet- or was he still debating outside? It was very cliché of him to ask for your advice, but cute regardless. It would be a great story to tell- if only your phone would ring. You were waiting on it to clatter to life next to you. To play his ringtone, so you could answer him. Act like you had no idea and laughingly ask why he had called you.

Call me call me call me call me-

Your phone vibrated, but it wasn't from a call. It was a text from Ned.

"I'm sorry. I thought he really..", was the preview of it, and just by that, you knew.

You fucking knew- and maybe you had always known. Maybe you just didn't want to see it- but you were so sure. Everyone was so sure. They all swore he adored you and wanted to be with you. He had little nicknames for you, came whenever you needed him and he crawled into your dorm room window whenever he needed you. He called you a real life Disney Princess and even treated you as such. He liked seeing you in his sweaters and hearing you laugh- he said so. There was even an instance where he almost kissed you, or had you just been that drunk? Were you just fucking intoxicated this entire time? Enough to believe that for once in your life you wouldn't have your heart broken?

Peter was the sweetest guy you ever met. He was everything you ever dreamed to find, and you felt like it'd be a blessing to have him share even a fraction of your feelings. You were so sure he did, but no. You only fooled yourself, and now, all the sweetness he showed you felt sickening. It was too much- too suffocating and before you knew it, you were crying. Tears just spilled out your eyes, growing more when you could faintly hear him talking animatedly on the phone behind your door.

You were wrong.

He was just a good friend. A wonderful, oblivious friend. Nothing but another tear in your soul. He was never yours, and he never would be. That ray of sunshine belonged to another, and the last bit of light inside of you simply died. You had to wipe your eyes and sit back and act like all was okay. You had to pretend he hadn't just ripped you apart, like every other crush had, only ten times as worse. He couldn't know he unknowingly ripped your heart right from your ribcage and tossed it away. No. You were his real life Disney Princess, but he was not your Disney Prince.

He came back in and took his usual spot, beaming more than he was before.

"Thanks [Y/n]. What would I do without you?"

You just nodded and shrugged, and he took no notice, too lost in his own deserved happiness.

He would be okay without you, you knew this- but what about you? You couldn't have him, and you fooled yourself into thinking you did. So how do you go on without someone you never even had?

You cut all ties as quickly as you can.

You didn't touch him the rest of the night. No comments, no laughter, not even one sing-a-long, and he was none the wiser.

When morning came, there was no sunshine. There was a rainstorm, and you crept out to get lost in it.

You never looked back..