Candyman [Female!Reader]

❝Tʜᴇʀᴇ's ɴᴏᴛʜɪɴɢ ᴍᴏʀᴇ ᴅᴀɴɢᴇʀᴏᴜs ᴛʜᴀɴ ᴀ ʙᴏʏ ᴡɪᴛʜ ᴄʜᴀʀᴍ.❞

College was absolutely stressful no matter how smart you may or may not be. It was somewhat better than High School in that you could show up to class in your PJ's and no one would bat an eye. Or that you could skip certain classes and not fail. Though other classes? You could close your eyes a second too long and suddenly your wonderful 97% went down to a terrifying 33%. Also- you had to pay for college. Crazy right? You were paying money to a place that caused you infinite amounts of stress- just so that one day you could make money from a job that, hopefully, didn't cause you even more stress.

In order to pay for college though, you had to go up to your eyeballs in debt- and for all that debt, not everything was covered. You still needed food and clothes- you know, basic necessities required to live? Yeah, your loans didn't cover those, so guess what? You got a job. A job as a barista [how cliché]. It wasn't too bad a job though- save for when there was a rush. Ugh- rushes were the worst- or customers who ordered every damn thing on the menu. Regardless, the pay was pretty okay, and sometimes customers tipped you nicely- plus, a cute boy loved to come in to flirt with you.

The cutest boy you'd had the pleasure of meeting actually- only you didn't meet him through this job. You see, you and this cute boy were High School Sweethearts. Dating since Junior Year and still are in your Junior Year of College. His name was Peter Parker, and you loved him to pieces. At the start of your relationship, he was adorably shy and awkward. It was so endearing and sweet you fell for him even more. His stutter was cute and the way he toyed with his lip when he asked you out on your first date had you swooning. He often still did it now- but not here in this café. Something about this place made him a different person. Sure, maybe it was just him finally starting to grow confidence with you, which was wonderfully welcomed- but really? It was as if this place gave him a surge of confidence.

He worked for the Daily Bugle, selling shots of his alter-ego known as Spider-Man to a grumpy old man with salt and pepper hair. Why he did so was something you were unsure of. You had known Peter was Queens hero some months after you two began dating, and while you worried for him, you were proud of him too. Of course your sweet boy was a hero. Of course- but why would he let that crusty old man slander his name like that? Ugh-

Ding.

The bell at the front door went off, signaling a new customer. It was slow today, so this would be about the third customer you served. It was just you and one other person today, so the place was pretty quiet.

"Good Morning, welcome to Manhattan Mocha, what can I get for you today?", you asked as you made your way to the register, fighting back a wide grin as your eyes met with a familiar chocolate brown.

"It's definitely a good morning now. Could I get a caramel cappuccino? Extra sweet, like that cute little smile of yours?", his voice was smooth, almost honey-like as he spoke to you.

You bit your lip, "Anything else, sir?"

He pretended to think for a minute, chocolate brown eyes twinkling with playful mischief, "A kiss, maybe? Think that'd wake me up more than the sweet caffeine."

Man oh man- he was pretty cheesy, but it was so cute. "A kiss? Are you asking for the new Hershey's Kiss doughnut we have on the menu? They're here for a limited time only."

A soft laugh left him, sending your heart a flutter, "No. It sounds pretty tempting but uhm, was kinda hoping for an actual kiss. You know, from you? A kiss from a pretty girl like you would absolutely make my morning."