Feelings [Female!Reader] [3rd Person POV]

Some days, she just felt empty. Some days she just wanted to lock herself in her room and blast music until her ears bled. It just happened, this empty feeling. It came and went as it so fucking pleased and she was never really sure why. She wasn't sad or mad she just- she wasn't anything. She felt nothing- but then sometimes she'd feel everything. Sometimes she'd be screaming and crying- and she couldn't grasp why. Why? Why was she feeling this and then feeling nothing? Why could days go so wonderfully but still leave her feeling so empty?

Why had it happened today? She'd had a perfectly fine day- everything went as planned. She wasn't late to school, it was comfortably cool out and she was even able to get herself a nice large cup of coffee- so why was she ending the day this way?

Why couldn't she tell him?

"Hey, wanna come by later for a little movie marathon date?", he'd asked her at her locker, eyes hopeful. It had been some time since they'd had a proper date night, what with him being Spider-Man and all. Even more so since they both had finals coming up.

She wanted to say yes, but with how she was feeling, she was sure she'd just ruin it, "I can't. I gotta study some more.."

"We can study together then- if-if you want, y'know?", he sputtered out softly. Even after all this time, he was still a little wary, "Plus, we're Seniors- gotta live a little, right?"

She shrugged now, "I just- I uh, don't feel good. Think I'm getting sick or whatever..", she murmured. She didn't want to drag him down with her. He didn't deserve it- especially not with all that he had on his plate. He deserved all the happiness in the world. He was so sweet and so caring- he was the best boyfriend she could ever ask for and then some. Of course, he'd be more than willing to help her with whatever storm she had inside her, she just- she didn't know. She didn't want him to deal with it. It was her own issue- a problem she caused herself somehow.

"Oh no.", he mumbled, face looking concerned, "I- do you need medicine? I-I can swing by the drug store or- I could get you some soup?"

"You-You don't need to do all that. I just- I need sleep. It's been a long week and just- blah. I'll text you later, maybe I'll feel better after a nap." She felt bad for lying, but she'd feel even worse if her little mood drop messed up the rest of his day. He looked so happy today, his eyes were bright and full of happiness. His smile had been big and blinding and she loved it so much, nothing made her happier than seeing him like that.

Then why was she feeling this?

"Oh- o-okay..", he'd whispered, face looking a little crestfallen. He really was looking forward to spending time with her. He longed to just pull her close and spend the night watching whatever movies they wanted- he'd been looking forward to it all day. Usually she'd be completely up for it, all smiles and ready to go. They'd stop by Mr.Delmar's together, grab sandwiches and some snacks for the night before heading off to his place. They'd gather up all the pillows and blankets they could and snuggle up on his couch. It was his favorite thing to do. She'd always fall asleep laying against his chest and he swears he falls even deeper for her every time. Every time.

He wondered why she suddenly didn't want to. He didn't need his Spidey senses to tell him something was up.

She'd made her way home, forcing her gaze away from his worrisome face. He gave her that lost puppy eyed look and she knew it wouldn't be long before he was trailing after her, wanting to know if she was okay. She could try to hide away all she wanted, there was no fooling Peter Parker. There never would be, not when it came to her.

So she wasn't surprised when she heard that familiar tap on her window. She wasn't sure how she had heard it through her loud music, but she had. She didn't want to get up- didn't want him to see her watery eyes and red nose, but she knew he'd think the worst if she didn't get up and answer him. She'd already missed his calls and texts, though not purposefully so. Her phone had been tossed away the moment she burst into her room, long forgotten.

"I knew something was up..", he'd said when she opened the window a frown pulled across his pink lips.

"It's nothing.", she insisted, making his frown deepen as he crawled into her room. He shut the window behind him and pulled her curtains closed before turning to her.

"Did something happen?", he questioned, moving towards her.

"No."

"Did someone hurt you?"

She shook her head.

"Did I say something wrong?"

Another shake of her head.

"Are you mad at me?"

One more head shake.

"Then what is it-"

"I don't know!", she burst out, looking away from him. She hadn't meant to sound so harsh and so angry. She wasn't angry at him, but at herself. She didn't understand why she felt what she was feeling- if she was even feeling anything at all. She didn't know why this mood loomed over her like this today- or any day, really. It was just there.

His frown stayed upon his face, warily mumbling her name, "What do you mean?"

"I just- I don't know, Peter! I was having such a good day- and- and I wanted to do the movie date thing with you but- I didn't want to ruin it! I don't know what I'm feeling or why- I just know I don't feel good. I just- I can't tell what's wrong because there really isn't anything wrong and- I don't know, Peter. I don't know.."

He wasn't really sure what to do- couldn't really get how he could fix this, and that's all he really wanted to do. He wanted to fix it- but if there was nothing wrong..

With a little purse of his lips, he simply pulled her forward and wrapped her in his arms. He held her close and tight, murmuring that she could've just told him. She was never a burden to him- never too much to handle or deal with. Everyone had bad days or empty feelings and mood drops. It was life and he never wanted her to think she couldn't just come to him.

She fell into him so easily, melting into his welcoming warmth and overall feeling of safety. It was just another thing to love about him. Yes- he often missed dates and had to be spotty because of the other guy, but somehow he was still always there. Somehow he was still there when she really needed him. He always would be. He may not know what to do sometimes or may be at a loss for comforting words, but he would always offer his loving embrace.

He had no idea just how much of a wonderful little cure it was.

Peter Parker would always be her one cure for everything awful in this world.