Patience [Female!Reader] Songfic

"Tʜɪs ɪs ᴛʜᴇ sᴀᴍᴇ ᴏʟᴅ sᴛᴏʀʏ.."

Peter was incredibly strong- physically. He could lift busses and cars- buildings even. He'd saved countless lives, has taken down insane criminals and once even fought against Captain America. He was strong in ways many people dreamed to be. He was a super-hero, one people of his city found hope in. One they believed was capable of anything and everything. However, he was still lacking in something- and it was all because of you.

He lacked the will to say no to you. The will to walk away from someone who was constantly causing his heart to ache. The drive to pull away and stop letting you hurt him this way. He lacked the emotional and mental strength to make himself say he didn't love you enough to stay.

Hell, if he could go back in time- if he had the chance to meet you again and turn away, he wasn't so sure he'd take it. He was in so deep he was drowning. This wasn't good for him and he knew it- but oh when you showed him just a little ounce of love, he let himself beg to differ. It felt so good to have you. It felt so good to have this warm and sweet girl in his arms late at night. It felt incredible to have you kiss him in that sweet way you knew he loved. Your love was just- words didn't do it justice for him. Every fiber of his being craved it though- he yearned for it after late nights as Spider-Man. Needed it when the world seemed bleak and unchangeable.

When you took it away though? God- it was like plummeting down from the highest building in New York and slamming into the concrete. It was an ache he could feel in his bones- something that burned him down to his very soul. It killed him to see you smiling at some other guy the way you smiled at him. To feel you drifting away like you often did.

"Yᴏᴜ ᴀʟᴡᴀʏs ʟᴇᴀᴠᴇ ᴍᴇ sᴜᴄʜ ᴀ ᴍᴇss.."

Sweet loving nights- ones filled with your soft sighs and honey-like whispers took him to the stars. Those nights gave him hope that things might change. That he'd get to have you this way till the end of his days. Yet still, after such sweet nights, he woke up cold and alone. You left no trace of yourself- nothing but the warm scent of you forever imbedded into his sheets. There was a time he once washed them damn near five times over and still, they smelled of nothing but you. (He was sure that was the moment he knew he was trapped).

"I love you, Peter..", you'd say, and he never knew if you really meant it. It still filled him up with warmth. It could be the biggest fattest lie you've ever told, he was just happy to at least hear you say it.

"I don't want anyone but you.", you'd say, and he knew it was a lie. It had to be- but by god, he didn't want it to be.

Peter wasn't a pushy person. He didn't like to press or force- especially when it came to relationships, and he guessed that was one of his many weaknesses. He wanted to tell you to either tell him exactly how you felt or leave him. He wanted to demand that you stop toying with his heart- but he couldn't. He couldn't because he'd fallen for you. You held his a heart in a way no one else would- and yet you continuously crushed it.

You'd broken it countless times, and he couldn't make you stop. He wasn't strong enough to pull away..

"Aɴᴅ ʏᴏᴜ ɢᴏᴛᴛᴀ sᴛᴏᴘ, ɪғ ʏᴏᴜ ᴋɴᴏᴡ. Sᴏ I ᴄᴀɴ sᴛᴀʀᴛ ʟᴇᴛᴛɪɴɢ ɢᴏ. 'Cᴀᴜsᴇ ɪᴛ·s ᴅʀɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ. Yᴇᴀʜ, ʏᴏᴜ ᴋᴇᴇᴘ ᴅʀɪᴠɪɴɢ ᴍᴇ ᴄʀᴀᴢʏ.."

He didn't know if he ever would be. It was the same crazy cycle- getting just a little taste of you- just one sweet night of your love and then weeks without. The highest highs he'd ever felt and the lowest lows he'd ever had to deal with. It was incredibly unfair.

He was far too patient. He knew he'd never be able to get over you unless you let him go.

He didn't want you to let him go..

"I ᴡᴀᴋᴇ ᴜᴘ ɪɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴏʀɴɪɴ' ᴀɴᴅ I'ᴍ ᴀʟʟ ᴀʟᴏɴᴇ.. Tᴇʟʟ ᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴀᴛ ʏᴏᴜ'ʀᴇ ᴡɪᴛʜ ɪᴛ ᴛʜᴇɴ ʏᴏᴜ sᴀʏ ʏᴏᴜ ᴡᴏɴ'ᴛ.."