Angels Fall [Female!Reader]

❝I'ᴅ ɢɪᴠᴇ ᴜᴘ ᴍʏ ᴇʏᴇꜱ, ᴛᴏ ꜱᴇᴇ ʏᴏᴜ ᴏɴᴇ ʟᴀꜱᴛ ᴛɪᴍᴇ..❞

Spider-Man; Queens own web-slinging hero. Nimble, quick witted; a sign of hope. The city has endless love for him. Yes, there are a few people with a distaste for him, but ignorance is bliss, isn't it?

He may be Queens hero with the mask on- but underneath? He was Peter Parker. Your sweet and dorky boyfriend. You held more love for him than the entire city of Queens could ever hope to have. They saw him as a hero when he swung around their city. You? You saw an Angel. An Angel with invisible wings and the brightest smile this world has ever seen. You tried to keep that in mind whenever you got worried or scared on his behalf. He was an Angel. Heroes fell sometimes, but it was rare for an Angel to do so, wasn't it? So he'd be fine. He would come home to you.

You met Peter simply because you ended up moving in across the hall from him and his Aunt. At first, you two only ever glanced at one another in passing. However, despite being a well-known hero, the guy was still clumsy outside of the suit. In a rush on one chilly morning, he rammed right into you and caused your coffee to go flying all over both of you. Nothing had ever been the same since. You two didn't go to the same High School, but you still liked to think you were High School sweethearts. Even if you did meet in Senior year. Luckily enough, neither of you went to college out of state. You got to keep your sweet angel close to you. You got to see him- hug him and hold him close. You got to learn him and all his wonderful quirks.

You got to love him.

He got to properly tell you of his secret when things got serious in your Junior year of college. He was able to propose to you and start planning a wedding with you. You both were building your lives together. You got to imagine what living together would be like. How it would feel to wake up next to each other every single morning- to one day have a child running around said home, holding all the features of him and you in perfect harmony. You were his beautiful bride-to-be and he constantly told you how excited he was. Just last night he told you of how he couldn't wait to see you walking down an isle towards him. To call you his wife- to be able to hear people refer to you as Mrs.Parker.

So what was this? What was happening here?

You were unmoving, staring blankly at a limp and lifeless Spider-Man. This wasn't real- this couldn't have happened. He was healing- that's why he was so stiff, right? He didn't get flung off that building- his shooters hadn't run out. That damned villain wasn't laughing maniacally from the top of the building. People weren't screaming- you weren't about to lose your damned mind. No no no- this was a nightmare- this man wasn't Peter. It was a diversion- a set up. Angels don't fall, they can't. It was a rare thing- please.

You just kept staring, only moving a little when blood started to seep out from underneath his masked head. How had this happened? His shooters almost never ran out. He had back ups- he could stick to walls- everything else was in his favor. The villains are neversupposed to win.

He wasn't supposed to be taken from you.

You were getting married in two months time- moving to your own place with him in one. He was so excited last night. There wasn't a single ounce of fear in his voice. This new villain was no threat to him. This just- it couldn't be happening right? He would wake up any second now. He'd wake up, lift his mask a little to kiss you and finish the damn job so you two could get married in two months. You weren't even supposed to be here- you were just rushing by, somehow unaware of the crowd losing it's mind and the policemen that had just shown up to push the crowd back. You were just thinking of surprising him for lunch at his 'job' at Stark Tower. You turned at the last second, the sharp screams of strangers finally catching your attention and you watched him fall. He was limp as he fell- and you were absolutely helpless. You weren't a hero. You were just a normal civilian. You couldn't run inhumanly fast and catch him. You couldn't fly- nothing. You could only stand there and mentally scream and hope that he would wake the fuck up and save himself.

The disgusting noise he made upon impact told the rational part of you that that hope did nothing.

It was a mix of bones crushing and other sounds you didn't want to dwell on. Due to the suit, you were spared the sight of the open wound on the back of his head that was now bleeding out. You weren't spared the blood. So much seeped out from underneath his head- a sob threatening to break from you upon seeing it. You were pleading in your head- hoping for a miracle- for someone to shake you awake and tell you you're late for work. For it to be him shaking you awake- crawling into your room through your open window and waking you up with sweet kisses like he usually did. Something- anything. You wanted a movie miracle- one where, if you cried enough, some inexplainable magic came upon you both and healed him instantly.

Nothing came.

Officers and EMT's tried to come to his aid, but they were blocked off by one of Iron-Man's suits. A mechanical voice told you that it was going to take him to the compound and try it's hardest to save him there. Even as the suit lifted him up and flew away, you sat there on your knees because you knew. You saw the way he sagged in those metal arms. The way blood dripped from him and the looks on everyone's faces.

You knew.

It just didn't hit you until you had to say goodbye. You had seen him flatline- had watched him simply fade away- without so much as the tiniest little goodbye from him. You didn't get to hear him say he loved you one last time. No last kiss- no last smile or anything. Nothing. It wasn't his fault or even yours- it was just the luck of the draw. It was just life. You were lucky enough to have met him- to have had him the way you had him- to have loved him as you did and oh god did you ever love him. The city mourned Spider-Man- but you mourned your everything. Your fallen angel. You managed to stay silent for a few weeks. Unmoving as everyone around you gave you their condolences and planned his funeral. You only faltered when May came to you, crying her poor little heart out. She'd lost everything too. First Ben all those years ago- now her only Nephew with a heart of gold. Still- you remained silent and dry-eyed. Deep down, you were still waiting on that miracle. You hadn't seen his face, not properly. It had been masked and then most of it was bandaged as Stark tried to save him. You were waiting for something- one last miracle for the love everything please.

When, at last, you saw his face, everything came pouring out. You wanted to be alone- wanted to be the last one to say goodbye because you knew. You knew this was real and it was happening. You felt it deep down. You didn't want anyone to see.

You completely broke down in front of his casket- watery eyes staring at his closed and lifeless ones. You had been so excited so some-day see him in a tux- waiting on you, but now? God- you hated it. You hated the tux- you hated the world. How could it let this happen? How could it do this to you? To him- he was an angel. He was wonderful-

He was.

Everything would be in past tense now. You wouldn't get to be his wife. You wouldn't move in with him or get to be the mother of a child you both made out of nothing but pure love. You didn't know where you'd end up or how you'd cope.

You just knew you weren't going to leave this damn place anytime soon. You knew you'd never really stop crying or screaming. Not even when you were forced out of the room- kicking and screaming, crying out his name to the skies. Not when they lowered him into the ground- not when Tony and May had to drag you home.

Not when you visited his grave every damn day and sobbed until your very last breath..

❝Aɴɢᴇʟꜱ ғᴀʟʟ, ɪᴛ'ꜱ ɴᴏᴛ ʏᴏᴜʀ ғᴀᴜʟᴛ. Tɪᴍᴇ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ᴏɴ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ. Gᴏᴏᴅʙʏᴇ ᴏʟᴅ ғʀɪᴇɴᴅ, ᴡᴇ'ʟʟ ᴍᴇᴇᴛ ᴀɢᴀɪɴ. Lɪғᴇ ɢᴏᴇꜱ ᴏɴ ᴡɪᴛʜᴏᴜᴛ ʏᴏᴜ..❞