His Love [Female!Reader] TRIGGER WARNING

"He wants to taste his name on her lips, when he leans in for a kiss. He could not feel better than this."

Her kisses were the sweetest. They made him feel tingly and warm- even when everything felt wrong. Long nights as Spider-Man, ones where he'd seen and heard far too much for anyone to bear, could easily be cured by her and her sweet words. The way she whispered his name against his lips was the best medicine- his only medicine. She was his cure- his home.

But his home was a little broken..

"Blinded boy, your love, your joy, she's broken."

His cure- his everything, had been damaged by others before he met her. She'd been poked and prodded with lies and petty insults until she believed them. She was free from the prison of the people who were shitty to her, but the voices still remained. They lingered and wrapped themselves around her positive thoughts, twisting and turning them to their benefit. She had demons she constantly fought with- and sometimes he had to step in. He had to pull her from them and hold her close.

It wasn't often, but it was only because she didn't let him see her struggle. She didn't want him to see it- didn't want him to see her. Not like this.

"He lost his love to the voices in her head, so many things should be left unsaid. To bring her back, his only wish."

Some nights he just lost her. Her face would be blank- lifeless. His love was numb. Her stare would be empty- and it made his heart ache. He wished he'd met her before- had known her earlier and longer. Maybe he could've stopped her from believing such shitty lies. All he could do now was hold her- hold her tight and wish he could hug her broken pieces back together. Or that his sweet whispers would bring her back to him.

He knew of her thoughts, a late night had brought them tumbling out. She'd confessed with teary eyes that she was scared of herself sometimes- scared of what she might do.

"I don't ever want to leave you- I don't want to go, but Peter.. I just- somedays I'm.. I'm so tired.", she'd whispered.

"What do you mean?"

"I- I don't know.. some days I just.. I want to stop. Everything gets hard and suffocating and just- it feels like I'm fighting a losing battle. It's scary because- because I feel like I might do something permanent for something that will end up be temporary.."

It was a big confession for her- she never really explained it to anyone. It was something she kept deep down inside, fearing that if she spoke on it, that would make it more real. She didn't want it to be anymore real than it already was.

"Lonely boy, pray your love, will someday, decide to stay."

She was broken somewhere inside- it was something that couldn't easily be fixed. He wasn't sure if it could ever be fully fixed. She would always have her low days- there would always be someone who would be shitty and send her tumbling. However, through it all- he swore to be there. He promised to give her all the love he could and just do his best. No part of this was beautiful or wondrous- most parts of reality weren't, but he would hold on until it was.

He would give her his love even when the storm inside her was raging. Even when she was too numb to feel it.

His love was always there.

"Darling I'll stay."

Darling please stay.