7│WAKE UP, LITTLE SHAWN

Start from the beginning

"Us," Cory announced proudly.

"Okay, my mature young friends. Pick your partners," Mr. Turner said.

Cory and Shawn immediately looked at each other while Juliet's eyes fell on Topanga and she gave the girl a questioning look. At her nod, the redhead smiled. It would be nice to have someone who worked equally hard on a project for once.

"Boy-girl partners," Mr. Turner corrected himself as he saw the class split up.

Despite her initial disappointment with not being Topanga's partner, the feelings disappeared when the redhead turned around to find Shawn already looking at her.

🌎🌎🌎

As the two waited to get their equipment, they decided which roles they would take. "I'll be the camera man," Shawn said. "I've got a camera face."

Juliet rolled her eyes. "You don't see your face when you're behind the camera, dummy. But that's fine as long as you don't drop it."

"I won't. You'll be a great interviewee."

"Interviewer," the redhead corrected him. "The person who answers the questions is the interviewee."

"Oh. Well, that's why you'll be in charge then," Shawn said.

"Don't think that means you're getting out of doing equal work," the girl threatened him lightly. "I'm tired of you and Cory pushing all the work onto me."

"Only because we know you care about your grades and we don't."

She huffed as they picked up the camera and mic. The girl handed the dark-haired boy the former.

"Don't mess around with it, either and keep it on—" she started to lecture him before he turned it on. She smiled brightly and began: "hi, I'm Juliet Capelwood. Today we're going to be asking friends and family how they feel about love." She gave another irritated huff as Shawn continued to move the camera. "Shawn, what did I just say about messing around?"

"I'm adding style to our project. You gotta move the camera. Don't you watch NYPD Blue? Subway, Brooklyn squad cars, lots of cursing," he answered before Juliet walked up to him and hit him on the arm.

"I'll start cursing if you don't quit it," she told him. "Focus, Shawnie. Now let me stop people in the hall to ask them what their personal feelings are about sex and love." The bell rang, causing everyone to return to class. "Shawn, there's nobody in the hall."

"Oh wait, there's Cory and Topanga," Shawn pointed out.

"Hi, Topanga," Juliet greeted the other girl once they'd gotten closer.

"Hi, Juliet."

"We're here to interview you," the redhead explained. "How do you feel about sex?"

"Me? Oh, well, some people say 'sex— great anywhere, anytime.'"

"Who says that?" Cory asked.

"Every boy in the world," Juliet and Topanga answered at the same time. The two girls to smiled at each other.

"Oh yeah."

"To boys, let's face it: sex is just a goal. It's something they're after and they're not really sure why. I think sex is a part of a special kind of love that you feel for a very special person," Topanga finished.

"Thanks, Topanga," Juliet said. "That's a very beautiful opinion."

The two girls smiled at each again other before Juliet and Shawn moved down the hall. They were stopped next by Joey. "Hey, hey, girl-who-stepped-on-my-foot, what the heck you doin' here?" he asked.