cinquantadue

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

madison

"hey stranger." i heard from behind and i turn around to see josh. "i see you have your phone back." he points at my phone in my hand and i smile.

"yes, i do." i say. "i was grounded and i didn't have my phone."

"so does that mean if i text you, you'll actually answer now." he asks as he follows me to my locker.

"well, depends if i feel like answering." i tell him and he chuckles.

"playing hard to get i see." he tilts his head as he stands in front of me and places a hand on a locker. "can i take you out this weekend?"

i see mattia walking by and i can tell he's not happy seeing josh with me. "i'm busy this weekend." i tell him.

"so what about next weekend?" he asks and i look over at mattia.

"um, i'll think about it." i tell him. "i'll see you around."

i quickly walk away from him and head towards mattia who's with the boys. "i saw you and josh." lauren says with a small smirk and my eyes widen as i look over at mattia.

mattia dryly laughs and lauren rolls her eyes. "what's up your ass?" she asks him and he looks at her before looking back down at his phone.

"he's mad that i talked to josh." i answer for him and he looks at me. "what? you think i'm stupid enough to think you're not?" i cross my arms.

normally, i would've chased him and maybe tried to reassure him that nothing going on between josh and i, but that was before he cheated on me.

he can't get mad at me for talking to other guys when i'm single and i can do whatever i want.

"i'm gonna go to class." i tell them before walking away.

"wait." mattia says as he walks by me. "i'm sorry."

"for?" i ask him and he sighs.

"you know why." he says and i look away.

"i don't, actually." i tell him.

"for being jealous." he says and i can't help but feel satisfied.

he has to learn.

"you gain nothing from being mad." i tell him and he tucks my hair behind my ear.

"sorry." he apologizes as he quickly removes his hand. "it's a habit." he says. "i know i don't, but i don't fully trust him."

"i'm not dating him." i tell him.

"i know, can we please not talk about it anymore?" he asks.

not wanting to put up a fight, i nodded and continued to walk to class. "have you asked your dad about friday?"

"no, i'll ask him tomorrow since youre telling me where we're going tomorrow." i say.

"about that." he says. "i think it's better if i tell you on friday."

"no, that wasn't part of the plan." i tell him. "you know i hate surprises." i say.

"you won't be surprised." he says. "i mean you will but i'm not going to hide it from you until we get there. i'll literally tell you the moment we leave."

"fine." i say. "can i get a hint?"

he looks up as he thinks before looking back at me, "no." he says as he drops off by my class. "i promise it'll be worth the wait."

"it better be." i tell him and he laughs as he gets closer to my face.

"when has it not?" he asks and i could feel my stomach do a million flips at a time. "one kiss?"

i want to kiss him so so bad, but i know better than to give in that easily.

"no." i place a finger over his lips and he groans. "we're just friends."

"fine." he says. "just friends it is."

"just friends." i smile, enjoying every minute of my torture to him.

"i'll see you later..pal." he lightly punches my arm and i laugh.

"you're so annoying." i tell him.