ottanta

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄
𝐈𝐌𝐄𝐒𝐒𝐀𝐆𝐄

madison

the next morning, lauren and i drove to mattia's house to take him to school with us. it was the last week of april and i had no idea what to get mattia for his birthday.

"how about a shirt with your face on it? maybe girls won't get at him and it'll prevent another cheating incident from happening," lauren suggests and i glare at her from the driver's seat.

"i'm serious," i tell her as i return my gaze towards the road.

"fine," she says before sighing. "you got mariano an expensive watch so just get mattia the same thing."

damn, i gave mariano an expensive watch and we were never together.

"too basic," i tell her. "mattia always goes above and beyond with gifts, i have to keep the same energy."

"well bitch you can't go above and beyond when the motherfucker couldn't even stay loyal a year ago," lauren says and i chuckle as she continues to hold that grudge against him.

i pull up to mattia's house and put the car in park. "when i come back with mattia, do not talk about him cheating on me or his birthday." i warn her.

"i'm not stupid madison." she crosses her arms and i laugh.

i leave the car and walk up to mattia's door, opening it. i walk inside down to mattia's room and i see him walking towards the stairs in his crutches. "there's no way i'm making it through all of today with this shit." he says, referring to the crutches.

"it's fine," i tell him. "you'll have me and the boys to help you throughout the day."

"everyone's dumbass is gonna be looking at me and giving me pity." he complains.

"it hasn't even happened yet for you to complain about it." i laugh and he smiles.

"i'm just happy i finally get to talk to my doctor today." he says. "don't think i forgot about my birthday present."

"i didn't think you did." i respond as i help him go up the stairs.

once we reach the top of the stairs, i open the front door for him and he walks out. he locks the door and turns around, immediately looking at his car. "i should be driving right now." he says as he looks at his car with sad eyes.

"you'll drive soon, weirdo." i tell him and he laughs as he opens the door to the car.

i help him get inside and he lays the crutches in front of him by his feet. "hi lauren." he greets her and she turns around.

"how long do you need to use the crutches for?" lauren asks and he shrugs.

"hopefully not for much longer." he says as i pull out of the driveway. "i'm surprised you're not mean to me today."

"that's only cause you took a bullet to your leg." she quickly replies and mattia laughs.

"so i can be as mean as i want to be and you can't because i could've died and you feel bad for it." he says as he leans back in his seat and puts his hands behind his head. "this is going to be so much fun."

"funner than cheating on madison?" she turned around and asked him and i could see through my mirror that mattia's face had dropped.

"bro." i tell her as i look at her. "shut up." i hold in my laugh.

"don't test me polibio, i'll never drop that." she says.

"yeah clearly." he responds.

a few minutes later, we finally arrive at school and i walk inside with mattia. lauren entered through a different entrance to meet with alejandro, so mattia and i walked towards his first period.