trentasei

𝐍𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐀𝐓𝐈𝐕𝐄

highly suggest to play & put on repeat
"oh, the habits of my heart. i can't say no. it's ripping me apart. you get too close. you make it hard to let you go."

madison

"be back no later than ten." my dad told us. "it was good seeing you mattia, pass by more often."

mattia looks at me before looking at my dad, "i will, bye mason." he says and i hug my dad goodbye before walking out the door with mattia.

"i love your dad." he says as he walks towards the car to open my door.

"he loves you more than he loves me." i told him and he laughed as he opened the door.

"as he should." he said and he closed the door before i could respond.

he gets inside and turns the car one. "so you're not going to make me wear a blindfold, right?" i asked him and his mouth curved into a smile.

"no, but." he said as he opened the small compartment in front of me. "it's still there." he says and i laugh.

"i wonder who else you used it on." i say and he looks at me.

"and what makes you think i used it on someone else?" he asks and i looked at him. "don't answer that."

he shuffles his playlist and privilege by the weeknd begins to play as he continues to pay attention to the road.

the sun hasn't set yet, but it wasn't so dark. after a while, we finally arrived and we were on top of a hill.

this place looks so familiar.

"i've been here before." i told him as we got out the car.

"yeah, with me." he says as he opens the trunk of the car and pulls out a blanket. i give him a funny look, "would you rather sit on the grass?"

"no!" i shook my head and he laughed as he spread the blanket on top of the grass.

i look around and i finally remember where we are. he took me here the first time we had sex.

we both lay on it and face each other. "so why did you bring me here?" i asked him.

"well." he says as he clears his throat. "i owe you an explanation about everything that happened." he says. "ask me anything you want to know."

my heart sinks. i really don't want to cry today and i just know that i'll cry if we talking about this.

i take a deep breath in and mentally prepare myself for everything he's about to say.

"what happened that day?" i asked him.

"ever since i had read that message from hector, i was so miserable. i never thought anything like that would happen and i quickly jumped to conclusions." he explained. "i was sad yet angry and i acted impulsively so i called jenna and told her that we broke up."

"why did you say that mattia?" i asked him and he purses his lips.

"i honestly don't know why i said that." mattia responded. "it was dumb."

i nodded in agreement and i sighed, "you really hurt me." i told him as i sat up and crossed my legs. "i didn't expect that from you and i don't think i deserved that as revenge."

"you didn't." he admitted.

i breathed in, refusing to let the tears that were now forming in my eyes to fall down to my cheeks.