Ceiling Pictures

The part about her Dad, i was still in shock. The first time i read it, i wasted no time to tell Aiko's mother. She was crying so much and he went to jail, except only me and Mrs. Higa know that. That's why no one has ever seen Ijuuin Higa since his daughter died. Mrs. Higa lied to the presses and said that he was too consumed in grief to come out.

     Mrs. Higa took forever to come out of her state of grief. She had already lost one daughter than another on goes and commits suicide. Aiko was going to have a little sister, but she died in miscarriage. Just like her daughter, she went through a lot of pain.

     I stare up at the ceiling and I looked at the decorations. Tacked to the ceiling are a whole bunch of pictures. Most of them are of Aiko and me, but i do have some of Chihiro and Mom. I search through the pictures and look for my favorite. I find it in the center.

      In the picture, I'm sitting at the piano. I was only seven, but I remembered I could still play it like a pro. I was wearing a dark red sundress with spaghetti straps. Little black roses were scattered all over it and I wore black sneakers. I was smiling at my Mom who was standing next to me and watching. She had blond hair and brown eyes. She was wearing a blue sundress with white designs like mines. She wore a small white jacket over it and she had a huge smile on her face. I was playing her favorite song, Halo.

     "Anis, you played that wonderfully! I know for a fact that you'll be able to play any song when you're older!" my Mom said as she hugged me. I smiled and felt proud.

     -cough-cough-

     My mom stopped hugging me and stood up. I frowned. "Mommy, why did you leave the hospital today?" She smiled, "I wanted to spend your birthday with you, nothing is more important that that." I smiled.

     -COUGH-COUGH-COUGH-

     Mom went into a fit of coughing. She collapsed to the ground and was holding her chest. My eyes widened. "CHIHIRO! HELP! MOMMY'S HURT!" Chihiro, who was seventeen at the time, came running in and helped her up. She called for her friend, Hana, to come and grab me.

     My mom was rushed to the hospital and Hana took care of me. The main thing that is now stuck in my memories is the fact that my mom died on my seventh birthday. The photo is my favorite because it was the last photo I have of my Mom.

     I sit up and walk to the bathroom. I start the shower and searched for it. I found it in the cabinet behind the mirror and i placed it into the shower. I took of my clothes and stepped into the steaming hot water.

     I grabbed Aiko's pocket knife. Yes, you heard me, Aiko's pocket knife. The same one she used to kill herself.

     I gripped it in my hand and opened it. I let the cold blade run across the skin on my left arm and let it tear the skin. It hurt but i didn't stop. I didn't stop until the skin between my wrist and elbow was covered with scratches. Blood seeped through, and water and blood went down the drain.

     Next, I cut my stomach. It hurt even worse than when I did it on my arm, but I didn't stop. My shirt and my glove will hide the cuts, hopefully.

     I stepped out of the shower and entered my room to change into my pajamas. I didn't even bother to place myself under the covers, and I fell asleep.