Aiko Once Again

I open my eyes to find myself in a pitch black room. I'm lying on the ground and I see rose petals surrounding me. The floor is cold and it feels as though I'm lying on thin air.

     I stand up and nearly scream when I see what I'm wearing. It's a blood red ball gown. It has no straps and a matching red ribbon is placed in my hair along with a yellow flower. And I'm close to screaming again when a mirror appears from thin air. I gasp at my reflection. My hair has lost its red highlights. But...my eyes... they look.. normal. Not like my cat eyes.

     "Do you like it, Anis?" a voice says. I yelp and turn around, but freeze in my tracks when I see who it is. I run over and hug her, "Aiko." She smiles and pats my head.

     Tears run down my cheek, "I issed you, Aiko. But, where am I?" I say as I get up. She gives me a sad smile, "Anis, you're almost dead." I finally remember what happened in my room. But why am I here?

     "Why am I here?" I repeat. This time, Aiko smiles a real smile, "I get to talk to you before you go back!" She yells as she places her hands on her hips. I laugh, "But I thought you said I was dead?" She shakes her head, "Almost," she says. I slap my forehead, "Oh wow."

     "Sit, sit," Aiko says, patting the ground next to here as she sits.

     She turns to stare at me and has a serious expression on her face. "Anis, I have a super important question? Do you... like Hikaru?" I stand up right away as I feel the heat on my cheek rise. "W-what? N-no way! Not p-possible!" I shriek.

     She laughs. "Anis and Hikaru sitting in a tree! K-I-S-S-I-N-G! First comes lo-" I place my hand over her mouth to keep her quiet. But something cold and wets touches my hand, "Aiko!" I yell as I wipe my hand on her black shirt.

     A bright light fills the room. "Bye-bye, Anis. See you way later." She yells.

---------------------------

     My eyes slowly open and the first thing I hear is crying. I slowly sit up and see I'm in a hospital room. Chihiro, Haruhi, and the guys are sitting there with tears in their eyes. Haruhi is comforting Chihiro who is crying the most and I look next to me and see Hikaru kneeling besides me crying. Kaoru is next to him trying to get him to stand up.

      "What happened? Who died?" I ask. Everyone's heads snap up and they all stare at me. "ANIS!" Chihiro yells and pulls me into a big hug. "OW, OW, OW! I shriek. Pain passes through my entire body and Chihiro instantly lets go of me. I lay back down.

     "But.. you died. The machine stopped beeping and you had no pulse!" Kyoya says. I shrug. "I have no clue."

------------------------

     "So Doc' when can I leave?" I ask. I've been here for a week and I'm bored. I keep lying and say I'm fine even though it hurts when I move a lot.

     She sighs, "We're having your sister fill out the papers for you to leave. Are you sure you're ok?" I nod.

      I stand up from my bed and walk out of the room. Chihiro meets me at the front desk. "Thank god you're ok Anis. I'd die without you" She says for the hundredth time this week.

     As we leave, I look at Chihiro. "I'm sorry for scaring you, Chihiro." I give her a hug. She smiles, "I'm just glad you're alright. But I want you to still be careful. We got Paige back in jail but her brother is still out there.

     When we get home, Chihiro starts to work on dinner and forces me to go get some rest. I asked if I could practice and she sighs, "Fine."

    I walk down into the basement. I flip a switch and the lights turn on. Every single musical instrument you can think of line the walls. I walk to the center of the room and sit at the black piano. It's been a while since I've used it. Last I used it, I was seven and it was my birthday.

     My fingers play their own notes and I make up the song as I go.

     "Anis! It's time for dinner!" I stop in the middle of a small scale and walk upstairs.

     After dinner, I go upstairs to take a shower. Once I step into the cold water, I look at the stiches on my stomach. It was pretty long and just touching it made it hurt. I'm luck that all my bandages a are waterproof. The only thing for my injuries I had to take of was my eye patch. My sight still isn't back to normal.

     I changed into a red nightgown and finally noticed my room. Get-well baskets covered my walls and there were a bunch of balloons on my ceiling. Bouquets of flowers were placed on my bed, but one bouquet specifically caught my eyes. 

     I carefully picked up a bundle of red roses and stared at them. I know that there are a lot of roses in the world, but these looked like the ones from my dream in the hospital. I read the card, Get well soon, Anis. That was all it said. Underneath them was a box.

     I placed all the flowers on the floor in front of my bed. I lifted the lid of the box and my eyes widened when I saw it's contents.

     The dress from my dream. I touched the soft fabric. After a while, I placed it in my closet and looked for something to wear tomorrow for school. My regular uniform was ripped and soaked through blood.

     My phone started to ring and walked over to answer it. "Hello?" I reply. "Hey, Anis. Just so you know, you have to wear something fancy for school tomorrow. The guys are wearing tuxes and the girls are wearing ball gowns." My eyes widen at the sound of Haruhi's voice. "How's you get my number?" She sighs, "Kyoya. Just wanted to tell you that, bye." Then she hangs up.

     "Looks like the dress will actually some in handy."