Forty-Three....

***

Now they mourn her,

All they've achieved with her will no longer be real but only in memories. Her hair glittering in the morning light and her eyes that could light up your heart and if you weren't careful to the extent of a burn.

At least that was what her husband would say.

But now, she would only be remembered and seen in the mind and in pictures.

Daniel combed his hair in frustration. All he ever wanted was a fairytale where he would have his happy ever after, but things turned out worse because he had lost one of the most important persons he supposed to share his happiness with.

He was hurt. Fate didn't give her a chance to even say she was sorry for all her misdeed!

But just as they said,

"I forgive you mom,"

When there's a beginning, there has to always be an end.

"We all forgive you." Daniel completed.

Darius gave his wife a hug of comfort. Even he didn't figure out what will happen back there. He thought he had everything planned. But sometimes, things don't always go as planned.

Still, one thing was for sure, the worst can always turn better later on, no matter how you try to deny it.

This could be the beginning of another history.

--

Her eyes gently opened only to stare at her husband.

"Hey," He called and she smiled at him and Daniel went further to give her a peck on her left cheek.

"Feeling any good?" She nodded in reply.

"How did it go?" Clarissa asked and he gave her a soft smile of assurance.

"It went well." She tried to smile but she couldn't help it when her eyes began to well up. When he saw the tears begin to form, he frowned.

"Hey, hey, hey don't cry. It's not your fault."

"I can't believe she took the bullet for me." Clarissa found herself saying.

"It's alright, it's all over. If we knew what was going to happen there then I should not have entered at that time." Daniel said. "You shouldn't kill yourself over it. She decided to take the bullet, you didn't push her, do you understand?" She nodded trying to calm herself.

The doctor entered.

"Good afternoon doctor,"

"Good afternoon Mr Isaiah. How's she doing?" The doctor asked. He turned to look at his wife first before answering.

"Better," he replied.

"That's good. Can I have a word with you?"

"Oh," Daniel only replied before leaving with the doctor not forgetting to throw her a kiss on his way out.

---

"Is there a problem doctor?" He had to asked almost frowning.

"No, no her vitals are okay, you are even free to take her home if you want but make sure she gets enough rest."

"That can be properly arranged." He replied.

"Every thing is perfect but there is one thing," the old man sighed. "I'm really sorry for your loss."

"It's not problem. I can deal with my mom's death later on, I just don't want to feel any kind of emotion apart from relief now I heard that my wife is okay."

"You don't know what I'm talking about, do you?" Daniel furrowed his brows in confusion.

"She lost the baby."

What baby? He thought.

"What baby?" The doctors eyes widened when he discovered Daniel didn't know yet.

"I'm sorry Mr. Isaiah, but your wife was 3weeks pregnant."

---

"Sit," Darius helped his wife sit down now. "Now lie down for a bit."

"Just because I'm pregnant doesn't mean I need to be lazy Darius!" Audora whined.

"Sh! Alright that's enough, you need rest. Are you going to ignore all that the doctor said just an hour ago? You need rest lots and lots of rest and as far as I'm besides you, you are getting it, do you understand me woman?" Audora only smiled. She helped him take off his suit jacket once she had laid down.

"You think so much about me that you refused to think about yourself. Come, lay with me."

"Look-"

"You will, won't you?" He sighed then smiled.

"If that's what you want then yes, I'll lie down here." He took off his belt before laying on the bed placing her head on his chest. Running his hands down her hair, soothing her with his touch.

--

The door opened again expecting to see her husband but she saw rather her cousin, Clara.

"Can I come in?" Clara requested and Clarissa nodded. She walked in and sat besides her.

Clara cleared her throat definitely not meeting the eyes of her cousin.

"How are you doing?" She started.

"I'm alright Clara, no need to worry about me." Clarissa held her cousin's hard. "What about you? Are you alright?" Clara nodded at her.

"I know that....you must be thinking what a disgrace to the family."

"No I never thought that Clara. Even if I did before, the least I can do is to forget all you did and be grateful." Clarissa answered. "Daniel told me how you help in looking for me. If you didn't help, I don't know what would have happened to me. I'm sorry I yelled at you." Clara forced a smile. 

"You'll forgive me, won't you?"

Clarissa nodded. "Let it remain in the past. I don't wish to speak of it any more." Clara embraced her almost immediately.

"Thank you," She said in a calm voice admist her tears.

"What are you going to do now? Where will you start from?"

"I don't know what I'm going to do but I'm surely starting afresh. I need a break from everything,"

Clarissa smile fell when she read meaning to her words.

"Yes, I'm leaving and I'll only come back when I've gotten over myself. I'll go far from here, where I can think, see if things will work out for me." Clara said trying hard to keep her cousin's stare but at every interval, she found herself looking away.

"And what did your Mom say about it?" Clarissa asked and her cousin shook her head.

"I haven't had the courage to tell her. She might still be angry with me for God's sake." Clara replied.

"Hey, look at me," and she did. "It's okay, I forgive you. I am not the problem, I only wish you will forgive yourself." Clarissa told her.

"But you know sooner or later she would have to know. Just," Clarissa paused. "Don't be gone for too long" her cousin squeezed her hands slightly in appreciation.

"I won't."

The door opened and they both looked to see who it was.

"I'll get going, I'll see you around." Clara said on seeing Daniel and Clarissa only nodded.

"I'll see you."

Daniel allowed her to pass through the door before he shut it behind him and walking up to her.

"What's wrong?" Clarissa asked him and he sat besides her.

"Promise me you'll tell me the truth?" Clarissa frowned as he took her hand in his.

"Did you know you were pregnant?" Her smile fell instantly.