seven...

***

---

(Flashback)

Daniel came interrupting their conversation at the coffee shop. Immediately, their girlish talk was suspended as they now paid attention to the tall guy with dark locks and piercing green eyes.

"Hey," He pronounced kissing Clara on the cheeks in greeting before sitting next to her. "Oh, hey Clarissa, didn't see you there." Clarissa rolled her eyes at his joke and faked a smile which he returned with an amused look.

"How did you find me?" Clara asked him and he smiled at her.

He said, "I always know where you are sweetheart." She gave him a cheeky smile and he leaned down to lock their lips in a kiss which he didn't fail to lengthen fully aware of the third party seated across them.

Clarissa's eyes darted to the hands that gripped her cousin's waist and she frowned. On impulse, her eyes found his that was surprisingly already staring at her and she looked away immediately.

"Is something wrong?" Clara asked. Daniel's eyes found Clara's, "Perfect, Everything is perfect." He said and smiled.

"I think it's my cue to leave." Clarissa said.

"But we've barely hung out." Clara whined and once again, Clarissa's eyes found his but still stood nevertheless.

"Look emm...I really have to go. I just came up with an idea for my project. I'll give Nick a phonecall so we can start and I'll leave you two to it."

"Sure, sure go ahead, I'll just keep myself busy then." Clara said looking at Daniel who gave her a smile in return. Not as genuine as usual but at least helped him round up their conversation.

Daniel couldn't quite put his finger on her behavior today. What he saw in her expression couldn't be real. It couldn't be jealousy, right?

No!- He mentally scolded convincing himself that all he wanted was Clara and him together and no one in between.

(Ends...)

___$

"Someone requests to see you sir," Cynthia said and Daniel motioned for her to let him in.

"Henry?"

"In the flesh," Daniel stood to embrace his friend patting his back. "How have you been Daniel? It's been a while since I last saw you."

"I've been okay, just too busy to worry about everything." Daniel took a seat and Henry followed suit sitting across him.

"I heard. Is she pretty?" Henry asked, a smirk growing on this face.

"She's human,"

"Just human you say?" Daniel cracked a smile. "Surely she's more than that. I would say that she's beautiful judging from what I saw the other day." Henry told him.

"You saw her already?"

"Yap, at the mall the other day. She was so engrossed in her conversation with Austin that she didn't notice me on time. I'm quite surprised she hasn't mentioned me yet."

"Why? Are you trying to pull a stunt old man?" Daniel asked, his face forming a  slight frown one could barely notice.

"Would you be jealous if I did so?" Henry retorted before giving him a smile, a thought buzzing in.

"Have you fucked her yet Isaiah?" Daniel couldn't help but laugh shaking his head. He should have known.

"You never change, Prize. Why would you care if I haven't fucked my wife?"