Thirty two....

***

"You're back home early today again. Is it going to be a thing now?" Audora said as she helped him unknot his tie.

"Maybe. I'm practically still multitasking, I need to make sure the environment is really safe for us."

"Just us?" She raised a brow at him and he couldn't help laughing.

"I can't help it sweetheart, I'm just so excited for the baby to come and trust me nothing is going to happen to the both of you." He kissed her swiftly before heading towards the dressing room to take off his jacket.

"Look at you all acting caring, I'm only but pregnant." He gave her a look that said otherwise and she couldn't help but roll her eyes in amusement.

'men!' she murmured.

"And now I'll be heading out," he winked at her.

"But you just got here," she whined.

"Are you begging me to stay?" He teased.

"Oh do whatever you want," She rolled her eyes once more and he couldn't help laughing.

He walked to her and took a sit besides her where she sat. Holding her hands in his, he entwined their fingers as one.

"I've been unease lately," He frowned when he realized that he couldn't quite explain what he was feeling and why he was getting chills from bad prediction.

"You know yourself D. You know what you feel when something is about to go wrong. If you think it is that feeling, then why don't you find out what it is?" She tightened her hold on his.

"Like you used to tell me, that could be why you are a cop after all. If you think something isn't right then find out what it is." She gave him a smile of reassurance and he smiled back too.

"Thanks." He told her and she smiled at him. He leaned further and took her lips in a kiss for the nth time.

-

Coming out of the dressing room after a quick shower, Darius' eyes darted to his wife that laid on the bed typing away on her phone.

"I can't find my hair brush," he stated.

"How will I know where you kept it?" She told him.

"I left it on your table, did you see it?" He asked.

"Oh that brush, I think I left it in the drawer where it is supposed to be." He gave her a cheeky grin before walking  back into his dressing room. "Love you honey!" He yelled from inside and she chuckled.

"I can't find your brother's car outside, is he stuck in at work again?" Darius asked when he emerged from the dressing room once more.

"He isn't back yet I think. He has been busy lately. Come to think of it, i feel they may have been in a fight again. I don't know Darius but I think this time the fight isn't something I can meddle in."

"Then don't," she looked up at him and he continued. "Sometimes, you leave people to solve their own problems." She sighed in exhaustion. "And Clarissa?" Audora paused.

"You're right, I haven't seen her around. She isn't one to stay at work late, let me try calling her." He just hummed putting on his watch.

"She isn't picking up." Audora stated.

Darius attention had now turned to her. "Try calling Daniel, he has to know where his wife is."

He frowned when he listened to his wife conversation with her brother and how her face went pale when her brother said something. He said she left the office earlier than usual and hadn't stated where she went off to.

---

(Flashback)

....

"You know, not all love story adapt to a happy ending." Clara said and Clarissa frowned.

"Is that your way of saying that you and Daniel have broken up?"

Clara replied, "Off course not, I mean we are a perfect couple. I just say things because I want to Rissa they mustn't really mean anything."

"Ohh, okay."

"I was thinking of having a fun weekend. You and Nick, Daniel and I, you know like a double date." Clarissa's eyes darted to her immediately.

"Why? I mean, you're not one to request a double date normally. What has gotten into you dearest cousin?" Clarissa found herself saying.

"I just felt like I should get to know Nick more and you should get to know Daniel more. What do you think?"

"It's not what I think, it's what Nick thinks." Clarissa replied.

"I think he'll love it."

(Ends).

---

She groaned.

She groaned in pain as she tried to sit up. The night had been a cold one she remembered, but alot of things were strange about the dawn. She blinked her eyes hoping to earn realisation and she did.

She wasn't at home....

She wasn't at home!!!

"Missed me?" The strange yet familiar voice rang in her ears, she winced at the ache in her head.

She came face to face with that familiar face and gasped leaning further into the head board. Raising the duvet that now covered her body only to find herself in the same clothes as before. She sighed in relief.

"I had also thought about changing you," her attention darted back to him. "But I decided to save the moment for when you are awake." He stood from where he was sitting.

"What do you want Nicholas?" The man chuckled, then his chuckle turned to laughter.

He stopped abruptly and that already made her shake in fear of what this guy had turn into.

"Oh, you know what I want." He taunted her with his movement and that made her shrink further into the head board if possible.

"You know I have been keeping an eye on you. It took you little time to forget about me but you left me to suffer-"

"Fucking liar, fucking cheat! You claim to love me and yet you made a sick move with my cousin!" He paled.

"She told you? Why does she ruin everything for me?" He ranted. "Well I couldn't help it. Either you were looking for excuses to be away from me or you purposely didn't want to be with me."

"That is because I fucking didn't love you! I'm in love with someone else!"

"Are or were?!" He asked and she held her breaths from becoming rapid. He walked close to her staring at her right in the face. She chose to look away but he didn't let her. "Answer me?!" He yelled in her face.

Her voice was low and shaking yet he could here her pretty clearly.

"Both!" His grip on her chin tightened that she tried to peel them off her. As quickly as it could happen, a resonating sound echoed round the empty room causing her head to move swiftly to the other direction.

"Now you listen very carefully to me. I own you now so you shouldn't try saying something that will cause me stress huh? And trust me, this is an empty neighborhood nobody cares what anybody does, so don't bother screaming for help cause you're stuck with me for as long at I want, to do what I please." He slowly got up from the bed. He didn't spare her another glance as he walked out of the room. Her face stung from the pain. She found herself sniffing.

Few seconds later, she could hear the sound of the door locking as well as the sound of keys and that was when she broke down in sobs.