twelve....

***

Moping and sulking was all he could do as he watched Henry dance with his wife. Music played unceasingly allowing the horny adults dance energetically.

For all the times he had been there, he never knew he would one day come here and mope around. Not like he didn't have a wife that he came with. He poured the drink into his throat and swallowed noisily. Daniel tried to remember the reason he allowed this to happen. Oh yes, he lost a fucking dare to that bastard. He drank another glass of vodka in one gulp and asked for a bottle.

"Daniel Thompson why the hell is Henry all over your wife?!" Austin asked right after taking the bottle away from the bartender faster than Daniel could.

"I didn't feel like dancing and Henry offered to keep her company." He answered shrugging as if he was okay.

"And you came over here to drink?" Austin scoffed. "You are unbelievable!"

"I'm only allowing it just because I lost the bet Austin okay, now give me back my drink." Austin sighed and handed it over to him. Daniel wasted no time in pouring himself a shot.

"You were a fool to think that you could win her over in a week. What were you going to do if she refused after the week ended, force yourself on her?" Austin scolded.

Daniel glared at him. "I would never do such a thing,"

"And why is that?" That question was so easy to answer yet it wasn't at the same time. He made a move to reply but decided against it instead.

"It's none of your business okay?" Daniel's eyes found Henry's once again, glaring at him as he led his wife further into the crowd.

"None of my business huh? Yet you can't keep your eyes away from the both of them. You're watching Henry like a hulk, waiting for him to make an uncalled move. I see you Daniel, I see you." Daniel just gulped another shot instead of replying.

"What's the problem? tired already?" Henry asked.

"No, I need another drink." Clarissa told him collecting the bottle he held and gulping most content of it.

"Hey, hey, hey, not all of it. You don't want to be drunk before the night ends."

"I'm alright okay, I'm not a child!" She told him holding her head to steady herself.

"Do you want to sit for a moment?" Henry asked concerned.

"No, I'm alright," she whined.

"Look, I think you shouldn't have drank that, it's too heavy for you. Your husband is going to kill me."

"What husband are you even talking about?...or I remember now... that dick over there that doesn't even look at me?" Henry snickered. "Am i pretty?"

"Of course you are, but that is not the case right now. Right now, Daniel has to take you home, you're drunk already." Henry told her.

"No, no, I am not going back there yet, I still want to have fun, come on, dance with me." Just about then, his phone vibrated in his pocket and he brought it out to see who it was.

Groaning in frustration, he actually contemplated not picking it up but when the phone rang again he decided to, claiming he could watch Clarissa from a distance. A little distance turned to the balcony of the apartment because the music was too loud to hear the other end of the call. He swore to be quick about it so she wouldn't be alone for long.

Austin stared at his best friend as he poured down another shot refilling his glass immediately.

"Why would you bet on something like that? You know who Henry is and trust me he'll torment you to the core." Austin sighed when Daniel said nothing.