Twenty ~two!

***

The hard cover book stared at him as he contemplated writing on it. He needed someone to hear his thoughts, if not someone, something. He gently opened the book and flipped pages after pages that he had written when he was sober and other times when he wasn't, his words were crude and blunt.

Dear diary,

I realized something too late, and it is the fact that I don't want to move on. I want to continue to love her and her, me. Every happy moments should be with me Clarissa, and not someone else....

__

The door of the mall was opened for them to enter but she went in before him as he requested, smiling at the gentlemanly gesture. They had decided to go shopping for some items for the trip. His hand snaked around her waist again when he joined her in the building gripping it tightly as they walked into it further more.

The figure lurking in the corner with his hoodie on, stared at them through the glass till they were no longer in sight with his grip tightened in a fist.

She asked him to stay away. She moved on with her husband yet he couldn't. He always thought about her every day. He thought about how she was happy without him and that wasn't okay by him. Suddenly, a rough hand covered his mouth and he was taken aback, fighting the figure for air.

---

"Hello-Jk group on the line." The receptionist answered while busy pointing the sign in book for an employee passing her a pen.

"Can I speak to Mr. Isaiah please?"

The lady at the other end of the call fumbled with her fingers nervously

"You wish to book an appointment, yes?"

"Actually, yes."

"I'm afraid he's gone for a business trip today, it'll best when he returns." The receptionist replied.

Taking the sign book from an employee ready to begin the day.

"Oh, is that so?"

"Is it urgent? I can put him on the line for you,"

"No, it's nothing." The lady replied.

"Before you hang up, can I get the name please?"

"Oh, Clara...Clara David."

___$

"It's far more better than you described it." She emphasized looking out the window in awe.

"You speak as if you haven't been outside the country all your life." Daniel said typing away on his phone.

"Well," she hesitated before turning to him. "I haven't." When she caught him staring at her in surprise, she turned away.

"Not every one is like you, you know, going to any country you want just because you want to or because you are bored." She hesitated and stole another look at him before forcing a smile.

She knew what he must be thinking- rich family never been abroad once. He must be depressing a scoff right now.

"And why is that?" He had put away his phone to listen to her now.

"Because," she stated dramatically. "I had no reason to. My world revolves in canada. It'll just be a waste of money."

"I don't mind,"

"You never mind!"

"But now you have a reason to?" She chuckled. "I actually feel you came along so you can distract me from work, how does that sound?"

She scoffed. "Why would I do that? I just wanted to make sure you don't take the wrong files." She told him

"Becky's here for that, she's doesn't forget things easily." He told her with a smile.

"And I do?" She feigned annoyance and his smile only widened the more.

"I never said that Mrs. Isaiah." He told her.

"Jesus forgive your mean words." She muttered.

"Seriously, that is your comeback? Impress me more would you?" He laughed. When he saw her loss of words, he went further to plant a kiss on her lips before leaning back to the chair like nothing happened.

Her cheeks turned red on the spot and she slowly found comfort on her chair once again not failing to notice the flush of embarrassment on Becky's cheek too. Becky looked away immediately feeling awkward for being in the same car with two love birds all of a sudden. All the same, Clarissa should be happy, it was the moment she always dreamed about, isn't it?

....

The chestnut beauty squeezed the photo in her hands angrily. She took her hair behind her ear hiding her anger behind those brown eyes of hers. Her black car rode besides another with tinted glass so she wasn't able to see the happy couple in it. Her dark shades not helping at all, she looked away.

The green light clicked and they both moved simultaneously, taking different directions.