What A Jerk! Wait, Maybe Not...

We're still in the past fyi cx

----------

I swear, my cheeks were as red as Peppermint Maid's stripes when we were on our way to his house. As he had said, he flew us here. I didn't think that had meant he would hold me bridal style in his arms using his vampire strength and flying abilities to fly us there! It was so awkward, having this strange vamire boy's hand way too close to my butt for a good 5 minutes. But now we are here, so my face is starting to return to that ice pale color I'm now realzing I like so much. Gee, who would have guessed that he demon of the night lives in a dark creepy cave *sarcasm*. Honestly, can he live anywhere more obvious! I mean, litterally, it was a house inside of a cave. It's actually a pretty mice house there. Doesn't look too deadly from the outside. It has a nice porch with a basketball hoop and it looks pretty big.

"Don't just stand there you dumb butt, get in here!" Whoops, I'd been so distracted by his house and my own thoughts I didn't notice he had already gone into his house. Looks like my cheeks are going to stay red a little longer. I scurry up the steps and into the house, walking right into the living room. Surprisingly cozy and colorful for a dark demon creature. I should probably quit refering to him as a demon, shouldn't I? On on hand, he did mess with the candy people. But on the other hand he hasn't killed anyone. That I know of. I eye the boy suspiciouly, watching him flip on lights and proceed into the next room, the kitchen. "Come on over Fionna, might as well get started right on your duties right now." He becons me into the kitchen. I slowly proceed, rounding the corner and keeping my eyes on him. "Why are you looking at me like that? You're giving me the creeps."Me? I'm giving him the creeps when he's the one floating feet in the air right over me, smriking?

"How do you know my name again?" I don't answer his question, making him frown. But he does move so he's sitting in a chair next to the kitchen table.

"I already told you, you are the best adventurer and hero in Aaa. Everyone knows you, Fi." I'm not sure I like him calling me 'Fi'. And was that a compliment? "I'm Marshall Lee by the way. But of course you can adress me as Marshall Your Highness." That smirk is back on his face. I know I don't like that. I keep a straight face and glare over at him, which makes him laugh a little. "Alright, fun's over, Fi. Time to get down to buisness. There's a nasty plant growing out in my backyard. I want you to go kill it. Pick it, cut it down, eat it, I don't really care."

"Mmkay." I shrug my shoulders, turning to go back into the living room and toward the exit. I walk all around the house to the back of it. Im surprised anything can grown in here! There isn't any sun, and I'm sure that it doesn't rain in a cave. But there, in the center of the cave floor, is the cutest little flower sprouting up. I walk over to it, leaning down to get a good look. This little plant is anything but nasty! It is the cutest little dimpled plant I've ever seen! What a jerk! He is trying to get me to murder an innocent cute plant for no reason!

"I can't do it." I sigh, sitting down next the the plant. "I guess I'll just tell him I did it and- OH MY GLOB!" The plant sudently bursts to life, forming a plant 70 times the size with deadly sharp teeth. I am so lucky I brought my sword just in case this vampire dude turned out to want to suck my blood or something. I whip the sword out of my backpack, tossing the pack aside so I can jump up off the ground to fight this new creature. So maybe this is why Marshall Lee told me to kill the plant. I slash at the plant, and it swings back at me. I'm surprised Marshall is still inside, he has to be hearing all this! What a jerk! It only takes me a few minutes to finally kill the plant, and it turns to ash. I wipe the sweat from my forehead, falling back onto the nice cold cave floor.

"Nice job, Fi. Although it would have been easier if you had trusted me and killed the damn thing before it got all scary." Marshall Lee sat on the porch railing, watching me pant on the ground from afar.

"You....jerk!" I pant. "You could have told me why I was killing it! Or helped me!"

"That isn't part of the deal. The deal is you do what I say. Right?" He waits for me to agree with him, but there's no way I'm giving him that satisfaction. "Come on back inside. The next task awaits." I groan, but force myself to my feet. I grab my backpack and drag it and the sword back into the house, letting it sit on the living room floor. Marshall lays on the couch, so I collapse on the floor near the couch, kind of like I just did on the ground outside, but this is so much more comfortable. Not by much, but still better. "So we need some chalk, and bug milk."

"What could we possibly use that for?" I look up at him, and his dark eyes meet my light blue ones.

"Opening the Nightosphere and summoning a demon lord." My eyes widen and I sit straight up. He just grins a wide creepy grin.

"Marshall that could hurt people! That could cause ciaos!"

"Exactly! And it's 'Marshall Your Hotness'."

"Okay, I'm pretty sure that's not what I was suppose to call you." I glare at him, but he just smiles, fangs exposed. 

"Would you just go already!" he shouts, making me jump just a little. I slowly get up, finding the things he asked for right on the kitchen table like he had set it out for me already. I can't do this. There is no way. What should I do? Maybe dump the bug milk and tell him we ran out? 'Accidentally' crush the chalk with my foot maybe? But Marshall Lee's in the kitchen before I can take action. I think too much sometimes. "Let's do this!" he says in a sing-songy voice.

"Marshall, I can't." I whisper as he takes the chalk from me, drawing a face onto the wall.

"What was that?"

"I can't do this, Marshall." I say a little louder.

"You can't do this, who? Who is that?" I've only been here for an hour and I already feel like I want to shoot either myself, or him.

"Marshall Your Hotness." I grumble, my arms crossing my chest in anger and annoyance.

"That;s right, Fi. Now throw that bug milk on the face." I can feel my arms shaking, and I'm forced to obey. Anything can come out of that portal. Marshall chants some words and the portal springs to life. I take a few steps back, not wanting to be the first one hurt by the demon emerging from the portal. This vampire really is evil! One of the ugliest creatures emerges from the portal, and I've seen a lot of monsters! So that's really saying something. A big guitar ax is in the creatures hand, which makes me back away even more. His huge green eyes settle on Marshall Lee, and Marshall takes the guitar. I'm too scared to pay attention to what they say to each other. To my surprise the creature demon goes back into the portal, and it disappears!

"Wh-what was that?!" I'm still shaking wildly, and Marshall snakes his free arm around my shoulders to try and stop the shaking.

"He fixed my guitar, you like it?" he holds the red ax-looking instrument out for me to see and I just nod. All of the sudden the gears turning in my head stopped. I get it now! He's trying to trick me! Freak me out! "Ready to go stab some candy!" He squeezes my shoulders. If I hadn't caught on I would be freaking out right now. But I'm not.

"Yeah sounds fun!" I cheer, pulling out of the grasp.

"Wait, what?"

"Don't be dumb Marshey, I've caught on to your silly game. I'm done letting you mess with my brain!" I smile wide, feeling successful. I'm smarted than the vampire! His frown is bigger than ever before.

"Fine, you got me. But seriously, go cut up that candy and bring it into the living room." he floats off into the other room, muttering one last thing under his breath. "We can eat them while we play video games." Maybe he's not such a jerk after all.