A Surprise, a Rant, and a Kiss

Marshall Lee, here in the candy castle, staring straight at me. I can hardly believe this! I quickly sit up, looking down at my dress and smoothing down the wrinkles.

"What's with the get-up?" he re-asks the same question. I look up at him again, making sure he really is here.

"Erm, it's uh- What are you doing here?" I can't help but ignore his question and ask one of my own. He rolls his eyes and enters the room hovering Indian style a few feet away from me.

"Answer my question before asking one of your own. It isn't polite otherwise." Typical Marshall, making fun of me being non-polite while being a queen. A smirk spreads across my face slowly, and I decide to play along.

"Well, seeing as I'm the queen, shouldn't you obey my orders and answer my question out of respect?" He stops hovering, and actually has his feet on the floor for once.

"Oh my, of course! Your highness, please excuse me." He bows before kneeling to the floor and placing little kisses on to shoes. I blush quietly and can feel every kiss Marshall leaves on my feet. Usually by now I would snap at him to cut it out, but I can't bring myself to say anything. Finally he stops and looks up at me, probably confused as to why I haven't moved or told him to get up. We both look at each other with wide eyes while he gets up. He takes my hands, pulling me up with him, and looks me over. My heart is beating out of my chest, and I DON'T KNOW WHY! Even the blush is stuck on me cheeks, and there is nothing I can do about it. "Fiona, you uh, actually look pretty great." he mumbles, but I can hear him perfectly. All I do though it stare at him dumbly with wide eyes and pink cheeks. "So why are you wearing that?" he goes back to being casual like he didn't just call me pretty, but do I see blush on his cheeks too?

"Oh! Yeah! I had a dinner to go to and I wanted to- never mind. I just dressed nice." I shrug, sitting back down on the bed.

"Bull shit, I bet you wanted to impress Gum-Wad. Don't know what you see in him. But I bet it worked, huh?" I sigh and decide to admit the truth.

"Do you have a second for me to rant?" He nods and lays down on the bed next to me, and looks at me as if I have his full attention. I take a deep breath before beginning. "He hasn't spent one night in this bed with me. I barely get to even see him! He's always cooped up in that lab of his, and doesn't pay any attention to me. I know he said he just wanted  give his kingdom a queen to be fair, but I thought maybe he might have to pay a little more attention to me once we were married. All he does is do dumb-butt experiments and all I get to do is this royal biz, like attending that dinner. Speaking of at dinner, he was required to show up and he didn't. That's why I got all dressed up, so he would pay attention to me. But he didn't even see me." I lay next to Marshall after my little rant is over and look over at him.

"That's too bad. You look really nice. I know you would have had his full attention if he saw you."

"You really think so?" I smile  little as Marshall turns on his side.

"I know so. And you know how I know? Because you have my full attention right now." To my surprise, he slings an arm around my waist. The other hand goes up to my chin, forcing me to look into his eyes. Now my heart is beating so loud I'm sure he can hear it, but he doesn't laugh or anything. He just looks back at me. "Any guy would be crazy not to like you, Fi." He pushes a stray strand of hair out of my face and smiles. He doesn't smirk or sarcastically smile, this is a genuine smile, which is different for him. Wait, when did he get so close to me? When did my arms get around his neck? Must have been automatic I guess. Even though I'm blushing pretty bad and I'm nervous, being in Marshall Lee's arms feels comfortable and right. Then again I don't think I've ever been like this with a guy, which is why I'm so nervous. All of the sudden Marshall leans forward. My reflexes make my head turn, I don't even think about it, and Marshall's lips are on my cheek. He's kissing me! And I kinda like it! "Why'd you have to turn away?" he juts his bottom lip out, pouting.

"W-why did you kiss me?" He laughs at my question, and before he can answer, the door to the bedroom opens and a pink figure enters. Prince Gumball. My husband. Perfect timing. Marshall quickly releases me and gets off the bed, floating away from me.

"Fiona, why are you still dressed? It's nearly- Marshall Lee the vampire king?"

"Hey Gummy." he says casually, floating near the window now.

"I told you, you are not welcome here! I gave you the warning just yesterday! If I spotted you on Candy Kingdom territory I-"

"Will throw you in jail with no hesitation!" Marshall mocks Gumballs slightly higher voice, rolling his eyes. Wait, so Marshall was here yesterday? "You seem to be hesitating right now." At that comment, Gumball turns around and shouts out the still open doors.

"Guards!" I immediately shoot off the bed, standing in front of Gumball.

"No! No, you can't, please. He didn't do anything wrong, I promise. Just let him go. This one time." I beg with wide eyes. He just crosses his arms, glaring at Marshall.

"Fiona I gave him a fair warning and if I don't stick to my word then I- Are you wearing makeup?" His eyes drift over to me and it seems that all thoughts of Marshall and his crimes disappear from his mind.

"Erm, yeah actually. I decided to look go for you. Well, the dinner actually." I mumble.

"Oh! I'm so sorry I couldn't make it. I've almost finished the latest thing I've been working on in my lab. I should have come down." Now that he actually feels bad about not going, I feel bad for making him feel bad.

"It's not a huge deal." I shrug.

"But you got all dressed up, and I know you hate doing that. I'm sorry I couldn't have been there to see you when you first descended the stairs. I bet everyone was looking at you." he smiles, but then Marshall clears his throat, reminding the both of us that we aren't alone.

"It was a big deal, actually. Fiona just got done telling me that. Why would you get married to her, just to ignore her and make her do all this royal stuff you know she hates?" Half of me is embarrassed, but the other half is relieved he just said things I was to afraid and nice to tell Gumball.

"I told her I was sorry. What more can I do. If she had a problem with this she would tell me. I don't trust you, nor will I ever. Now get out before the guards get here and throw you in jail."

"Wait does that mean-" I start, and Marshall finishes.

"You're letting me go?"

"Only to make it up to Fiona. I despise you and will do you no more favors so leave and don't come back." Marshall turns toward the window to fly out, but I rush to his side before he leaves for good.

"Marshall!" I shout, grabbing his hand. He looks over at me, glancing down at your connected hands. "Uh, bye."

"Bye, Fi." he pulls my into a hug, and just before he releases me, he whispers in my ear. "See you tomorrow."