Season 2: Chapter 3

Season 2

Chapter 3

The talk was slow and dragged. I immediately excused myself from the royalties’ annoying presence.

Akala ko ay sa reyna at pangalawang prinsipe lamang ako maiirita. It turns out that the king is also bothersome and playful despite how serious he looks. It seems like Heiden already knew of it even without talking to the king and queen. It is not surprising that he has spies planted at the palace, however, they are bold to listen to the royalties’s conversation. They must be a maid or so that is close to them to acquire that much information.

The second prince’s scary-looking face was shown to me as soon as I went out from my chamber. He gave me a sharp look.

It seems like he is still mad of having a trip with me.

Tinaasan ko siya ng kilay.

Akala niya ba ay siya lang ay may ayaw sa sitwasyon? If he thinks that I am such a bothersome pest, then he is a shameless trash for me. Not only he is going to take my time for a long time, even hearing his name disgusts me.

I mentally rolled my eyes.

Why is he even named as a protagonist? He is just a greedy brat.

“Greetings, Heiden.” My eyes squinted as I forcefully twitched my lips. Hindi niya ako pinansin at nilagpasan lamang ako. Tahimik akong suminghal.

That was expected. Still, it is infuriating that I was ignored. The servants who saw this might seem to see me as a laughingstock who was ignored by the second prince because he is forced into an engagement that he does not want. I am the same. I am just acting to be casual with him because of it. I would not even bat an eye for him even if I heard his name if it were not for my original role as a minor villainess that will die by his hands in this world.

Umakto lamang ako na parang walang nangyaring masama sa aking araw. I continued to force myself in being preoccupied by some things. And as the night had come, I finally took a real breather. I heaved a deep breath. Nagpakawala ako ng hininga.

“My lady, the second prince has gone outside for a while now.” Hilda appeared from thin air as she reported me about Heiden’s whereabouts. Ngumisi ako.

He finally went out of his palace. It seems like he has important things to do. Well, I should do mine, too.

I wore a black fitted-clothing. Ganoon rin si Hilda.

“Good, let us proceed then.” Isinuot ko ang talukbong ng aking balabal. I went to my drawer to get my carved dagger. Nilaro ko ito.

I remembered, this is Hilda’s gift to me when I turned eight. She said it was for self-defense and that it is better to be used of small weapons, too. Of course, since I am a seeker for progress, I always trained with it. This is my first treasured weapon ever since.

“Sigurado ka bang gagawin mo? I can do it by myself. Besides, there is a risk.” She asked in concern.

“No. It should be me.” Ani ko habang isinusuot ang aking mga itim na guwantes. Kumurap ako.

“Yes, my lady.” Bumuntong-hininga siya bilang sagot. She did argue any further.

The hour of my nap time, there were no servants lurking around. It was dim until we passed through the hall. Heiden’s chamber is at the end, the farthest of mine.

Yes, basically, our rooms are long apart from each other. I am not dumb to know that this is his mockery for me. Ipinagsawalang-bahala ko lamang ito. I even overheard maids before about some nasty issues regarding me and the second prince but I just shrugged them off. They were true, anyway, and I did not feel like punishing them for their bad habits.

Sure, sneaking Heiden’s room is a risk for me. I might be exposed. Hilda can perfectly take care of her mission well but that is not the case, I just want to be the one to carry it this time. I have ordered Hilda to sneak in here before, too, to get some information of his plans. It was truly reliable and true. He does not even seem to suspect that his plans are leaking out.

“Wait outside. Inform me if someone is coming.” I glanced at her. Tumango siya sa akin.

Secret rooms are typical for every person who has their own secrets. Heiden is not an exception. I am lucky enough that I have even read the part where he has his secret room in his chamber inside his palace. To go there, you have to move his bed to the side and pull the unmovable, old statue beside the bed. A hole fitting up to a large person will open up from the ceiling after that. Once going there, a few traps are placed and a door at the end of the dark way will appear.

I successfully managed to pass from the traps without a scratch. I rammed through the documents inside the drawer as soon as I arrived there. Mula sa mga papeles hanggang sa mga dokumento ay sinuri ko lahat. A hidden paper under the the pile of documents caught my eye. A smirk rose from the side of my lips.

First prince, Gerard Vordo Lodia, Lodia Kingdom

Kalmado ako habang binabasa ang mga detalye paukol dito. Binasa ko ang aking mga labi at napairap. I put the documents and papers back in its places. Sinigurado kong nasa dating ayos ang lahat upang hindi magsuspetaya si Heiden.

“That trash... despite how he seems, he is actually cunning.” My hand went to my lips.

“My lady.” I was snapped back from my thinking when I heard Hilda’s concerned voice. Binuksan niya ang pintuan sa kwarto. Her unfazed expression greeted me. Kinunotan ko siya ng noo. Footsteps near and light coming in here. It is one of Heiden’s people.

There is no way he will be coming here with a lantern since he knows the pattern of the way to his secret room.

Bumuntong-hininga ako.

It is a shame I cannot dig anymore but I managed to find an important information. Isa pa ay malapit na ang oras ng balik ni Heiden. It is time to wrap it up.

“Let us go.” I whispered. I pulled a certain book in the shelf and it moved. A stair downstairs appeared. We stealthily went down. Nang may bumukas ulit na daan nang makarating sa baba ay lumabas kami. I stopped when a maidservant also stopped when we appeared. Her eyes widened.

“Ano ang---” Hindi niya naituloy ang kanyang sinasabi nang mawalan agad siya ng ulo. Blood splattered. Pinunasan ni Hilda ang maliit na kutsilyong dala niya gamit ang kanyang panyo. Tumalsik sa akin ang iba nitong dugo sa akin. I clicked my tongue.

What a day to ruin my mood. Maids are not supposed to be lurking around here at night so her death was her totally her fault.

Napatabingi ako.

As expected, I did not totally felt something at all after seeing the maid’s headless body.

I blinked.

Makes sense. I have been seeing dead bodies and live killings since then. I have already gotten used to it.

“Dispose of her. Do take care of the things.” Iwinasiwas ko ang aking kamay. I dismissed her and went ahead to my chamber. I washed myself to get rid of the blood splattered on me. Hilda went within some minutes after that. She has a confused look.

“How did you know the other door, my lady? Sa pagkakaalam ko ay hindi ka pa nakakapunta roon.” Tumabingi siya.

“I have sneaked in many times there.” I lied.

“Na hindi ko nalalaman? That’s amazing, my lady. You are better in this line than I thought.” Tumango siya. Her hand went to her chin as she thinks.

A few days later, I have been called by the royalties again. And as I expected, Heiden is also here. I was ahead for an hour talking with these two whilst Heiden is enjoying his time with Snow.

He must not have known the importance of time. The audacity of this shameless trash.

Peke akong ngumiti sa kanya nang makaupo siya sa aking tabi. Kaharap namin ang hari at reyna.

It must have been an annoying position for him. I, too.

“You will be going on a trip.” The king said to his son.

“What?” Ngisi ni Heiden. Suminghal siya. He openly showed his protest. Tahimik lamang akong sumipsip sa tsaa at nakinig sa usapan.

Even to the people higher than him, he does not show respect. As expected of the male lead.

“What do you mean what? You have been in the war for years. Surely, you will not neglect your fiancee, right?” Sumeryoso ang hari.

“Is that even important?” Kunot-noong tanong ni Heiden. “She, of most the people, know that this is just for political issues.” He shrugged his shoulders, saying that I am not important at all. I hid my grimace.

“Heiden.” Tumaas ang boses ng hari.

“I have no time for stupid things like this.” The king glared at him. Heiden snorted and crossed his arms. Hindi na siya sumagot pa. The atmosphere calmed down after a small storm. Tumingin sa akin ang hari at bumuntong-hininga.

“Forgive my rude son, Arisia.”

“It is okay, Father. I understand.” My eyes squinted as I smiled.

I do not really care about it whether Heiden says such rude things about me. I expected it and I do not expect him to like me. Besides, I could just return the favor with actions, not words.

“Do as I say, Heiden.” The timid queen interrupted. She eyed at Heiden. I simply blinked.

She truly has the eyes of a snake. How manipulating. “We have decided to send you in a trip at Fairo kingdom and Alvena kingdom. Your last destination is the empire.”

“What about Lodia kingdom?”

“Oh? You are that confident that you can easily spend your time there without their people knowing? Alam mo na may kaunti pang hindi pagkakaunawaan ang kaharian natin sa kanila.” Ngumisi ang reyna.

As far as I know, Lodia Kingdom and ours are not that hostile but are wary of each other. I do not know the real details about it but I heard that it was the cause of a small misunderstanding between the royalties.

“Then I am not going.”

“Heiden Fins Ronschwald.” Ma-awtoridad na aniya ng hari. Once more, Heiden let out a scoff.

“Under a condition, we will still travel to Lodia kingdom.” Ngumisi si Heiden sa kanyang sagot. The king and queen gave her a disdainful look.

“Are you risking Arisia’s life?” The king.

“I can protect her.” Tahimik akong suminghal sa pagsisinungaling ni Heiden.

He can lie without batting an eye, too? I can do the same.

“You know that you are being unreasonable.”

“It is a given condition for the trip.” Sabat ni Heiden. “Surely, she wants to go, too.” He gave me a sharp look. Tinaasan ko lamang siya ng kilay. My eyes squinted.

“Tama ba ang kanyang sinabi, Arisia?” Tumagos ang kanilang tingin sa akin. Questioning and threatening looks. Tahimik akong suminghal.

Does my opinion even matter?

“Opo, Ama. Kung iyong mararapatin, nais ko rin na pumunta sa kaharian ng Lodia kasama si Heiden. I will do what my future husband says.” A facade.

“Well, if that is what you want.” The king sighed. “I will assign your safety under the shadow knights.” Kumurap ako. Inawang ko ang aking labi upang umaktong nabigla.

“I-It is okay, Father. That is too much. Hindi ba at sila ang pumo-protekta sayo mula sa mga mata ng mga tao?” My hands went to my lips to cover it.

“It is fine. It is better to be sure. The royal knights are highly skilled that matches the shadow knights. Though the latter is superior, the royal knights are still unmatched. They have the ability to protect me and the kingdom.”

“If that is so, I am honored, Father. I am deeply thankful for it.” I smiled, gritting my teeth. Heiden quickly left after the important talk. The queen even scolded him for not escorting to me to his palace but he just shrugged it off. Hindi ko na lamang binigyan ng pansin ang maliit na bagay.

“Father, Alluis, I will be going to a trip around the empire with the second. I do not know how long the trip is. Please do be careful and safe. I will talk with you two once I come back.”

-Arisia

I put my stamp on the parchment.

That should be enough words for Father and Alluis. I hope they do not make a fuss about it. Alam kong hindi pa sila pabor sa pangalawang prinsipe lalo na at naririnig nila ang mga hindi magandang balita tungkol sa kanya. The least they should do is to support me from my back.

“Stay on alert, crown prince. Do study how to kiss well, too.”

-Arisia

I was grinning my teeth, stopping my chuckle. Napangisi ako habang sinusulat ang mga ito. I can imagine his shy face already.

“Deliver it.” Binigay ko kay Hilda ang mga sulat.

“I understand, my lady.” She vanished in a blink of an eye, leaving the window open.

The morrow, I woke up early. Ngayon ang araw na aalis kami para sa paglalakbay. I wore a comfortable clothing paired with a red cloak. Heiden was already outside when I opened the main door. A mid-noble’s carriage is already parked outside. There were a few knights, too. I assume the shadow knights assigned to me are keeping an eye on me from afar.

Like its squad’s name, the shadow knights consists of masters of assassination and swordsmanship. Only a few high-ranking officials know them and they are also famous in the dark society, also known as the Underworld.

Hilda opened a parasol and blocked the sunlight rays in my direction. I was about to go inside the carriage when I saw a familiar man in a knight’s armor.

“Lorves?” Lumapit ako sa kanya. He straightly looked at me. Tumango siya sa akin. “Why are you here?”

“I will accompany you to your trip.” Matamang sagot niya.

“I see. Do take good care of me.” Tango ko.

“Of course.” His lips twitched for a second. Sumeryoso siyang muli. I snorted. Napataas ang aking kilay nang makita ang taong sumulpot sa tabi niya. His flirty smile did not change in three years at all.

Of all people to come, why is this man here?

“Gideon, you are here, too.” Hindi ko itinago ang aking dismaya.

“As a gentleman, I shall protect a lady with my life.” Sumingkit lamang ang aking mga mata. Yumuko siya. Kukuhanin niya sana ang aking kamay ngunit inilayo ko ito sa kanya. I pretended it was unintentional.

I knew it. He did not changed at all. And it seems like he is back to a facade, gentleman appearance now that the eyes of others are on us.

Ngumisi ako.

So two-faced.

“Did you also volunteered?” I asked the obvious.

The knights that are coming with us are obviously Heiden’s. Lorves volunteered to guard me and the king approved of it. It seems like there were no issues about it since Lorves is Rionsky’s personal knight. I can tell that Rionsky also agreed to it. However, Gideon, I do not know if Rionsky also told him to be one of my guards during the trip. I can guess that Gideon just wants to mess up with me, though.

“Yes, my beautiful lady. I hope you are not bothered by my presence.”

“Why would I be bothered?” Sarkastiko ko. “Well, do your best not to show your face in front of me. I am actually in a bad mood, you know.” Ngumiti lamang ako. I turned around and went inside the carriage. Hindi ko na pa siya tinignan pa.

The carriage is normal-looking at the outside but is actually extravagant on the inside. Malawak ang espasyo at siguradong hindi kami magkakabangga ni Heiden. Well, it works for me. Palagi ko nga lang na makikita ang kanyang mukha.

Hilda stayed outside. She will be traveling with the knights. She have no problems with it since she can also ride a horse. Davidron is the same. I know he is actually guarding me and Hilda at the same time. Bumukas muli ang pintuan ng kalesa. Heiden went in. He did not bother giving me a look. I, on the other hand, rested on the window and felt fresh air. The carriage began to move.

“From now on, you will carry out what I say. I will accept no denials.” Mataman niyang sabi. He started the first conversation. He crossed his arms and legs. Ipinikit niya ang mga mata.

“I agreed on my own volitions.” Sagot ko. “But... that will just be the case once we are in Lodia kingdom.”

“All of your actions will be reported to me. Not that you can just carelessly do troublesome things.” He scoffed.

“It is the same for you.” Ngumisi ako. “Shadow knights are under the king’s command. They will report whatever they see, be it when you neglect me or not.” My eyes squinted. Tumabingi ako. “Do be careful, Heiden.” I rolled my eyes while a threat.

“Vixen.” I heard him cursed under his breath. I did not answer his taunt. Masasayang lamang ang aking oras sa kanya.

For the next months, I will be stuck with this shameless creature. I just have to be patient, enduring this annoying situation.

Bumuntong-hininga ako.

I wonder if Rionsky already saw my letter.