Season 2: Chapter 9

Season 2

Chapter 9

“I-It is late. I should go back.” Hindi ko mapigilan na mautal. I was astonished of what he said, I still am. I pursed my lips.

I just cannot understand this man sometimes. He is so shy yet bold. Surprising. “Then, see you the morrow.” Tumalukbong ako at tumalikod na.

“Ari---” He was about to mutter something but I quickly took steps away from him. I was leaving, gritting my teeth. It was not long before I returned to the inn we were staying at. Hilda and Davidron were also puzzled of why I was not able to meet them at our meeting point a while ago. Agad akong sumampa sa kama, pinilit na matulog. I opened my eyes.

I cannot sleep. He would not let me.

Bumuntong-hininga ako. I was sleepless the whole night and was finally able to fall asleep.

We rest for a bit of days at Alvena. Heiden already decided that we depart today.

He really is eager to end this trip.

“Mauuna tayo sa imperyo?” Nasabi ko nang mapansin ko na iba ang tinatahak naming daan.

“It is the farthest from the kingdom of ours. We will stop by Lodia when we go home.”

“I see.” Huling sabi ko. Hindi na ako sumagot pa.

Nakarating kami sa imperyo nang walang masasakit na salitaan.

I was actually astonished that he did not say anything rude to me considering that he hates me. Scratch that, I am more surprised that I am actually not in the mood for irking him.

The empire really lived up to its name. Walang-wala ang mga kaharian kumpara sa imperyo. I thought we are also staying at an inn but we went straight to the palace. Heiden gave him the royal family seal of Ronschwald. Walang dalawang-isip ang mga kawal at binuksan ang harang papasok sa palasyo ng imperyo. I glanced at the second prince.

He should have at least gave me follow ups. He is keeping information of the trip by himself and his knights. This prick.

I grimaced. I kept a straight face as we enter the palace. The servants around guided us to the throne room.

A dominating presence is what I felt as we go near the large door. Nabuksan ang pintuan at tumambad ang napakagalanteng kwarto. A large space filled with the seat of the emperor at the top and necessary needs befitting for a royal. At the seat is a man with a dominating presence. His look is cold as if penetrating. Nakadekwatro siya at nakapatong ang ulo sa kanyang kamay na nakatingin sa amin.

Yet again another sinfully man.

Hindi pa nakatatagal ay yumuko na kami upang magbigay-galang sa emperador. Kahit ang mayabang na pangalawang prinsipe ay walang nagawa kung hindi magbigay-galang. His face did not show grimace but I know, deep inside him is a prideful man who does not want to bow for others.

“Greetings, Your Majesty, the Emperor.” We said in unison.

“I heard from Ronschwald’s king that you two are traveling around the empire as a preparation for your wedding.” Ngumisi siya. Sumingkit ang kanyang mga mata.

“Yes, Your Majesty.” Sagot sa kanya ni Heiden.

“So you are the second prince’s betrothed.” Hindi sumagot ang emperador sa kanya at inilipat ang mga mata patungo sa akin. He blinked.

“Indeed, Your Majesty.” Magalang kong sagot.

“Such a beautiful rose.” He said. It felt like he had something to add as well as he look at me with those observing eyes.

This is a bit uncomfortable.

He rose up from his throne. “Rest well.” His smirk disappeared as he turn sideway to leave.

“Thank you for your grace, Your Majesty.” Muli kaming nagbigay-galang. The dominating presence of the emperor disappeared for a while until the people inside the throne room felt relieved. They immediately sucked up to the Heiden, praising him and more hypocrisy.

“I will go to my room.” I excused myself before they were able to inconvenience me from retiring to my room. He just gave me a look. Nginitian ko siya upang hindi mahalata ng mga tao na hindi kami magkabati.

The room they gave me is as expectedly luxurious. There is no guest that will be uncomfortable after seeing the palace. Not me, the emperor still gives me unease, as if he knows something hidden.

Hilda appeared in my room, giving me chamomile tea to help myself in relaxing.

“Where did he stay?” Tanong ko habang nagpapalit sa aking pantulog.

“As usual, my lady. Nasa malapit lang siya na nagmamanman. Disguised as an empire knight. He’s avoiding the second prince’s scope.”

“Does he really intend to follow me until we go back home?” I slightly scoffed. Umupo ako sa kama at marahang uminom ng tsaa.

The crown prince is so sweet.

“May nangyari ba sa inyo?”

“What do you mean? Things are still the same as before.” I crossed my legs. “Bakit mo naitanong?

“No. Nevermind, my lady.” She shook her head.

As I have expected, I cannot rest comfortably. I woke up in the middle of the night searching for a place to unwind. I heard footsteps, probably from a maid. I was about to hide myself in a corner when I was towered by a tall figure. I bit the inside of my cheeks when I recognized who was it.

Is he not supposed to be in bed?

Agad akong tumango sa kanya bilang galang.

“I see.” His gaze did not leave me.

“Pardon, Your Majesty?”

“Do you intend to continue it?” The emperor smirked. “I know about it.” My eyes squinted in suspicion and unease.

“Ano ang ibig mong iparating, Kamahalan?”

“The second prince’s strength and the crown prince’s brains. I wonder which one will be granted victor.” Hindi ko mapigilang kagatin ang aking ibabang labi.

He knew about it. How? Is it his analysis that helped him to rose to the crown or intels that informs him of the situations happening around? It makes sense that he is able to get information since he is the emperor. Being the emperor in such a young age means he is talented and that he has powerful people. But the feud between the Ronschwald brothers should not be obvious that he can grasp the situation of what is truly happening. After all, the image of the half-brothers in the public is pretty good. Most people are sure that Rionsky would be able to succeed the throne while some supports Heiden. Where does the emperor stand then?

“Are you planning to stop it, Your Majesty?” Saad ko.

If it goes like this, then there is no way to get out from it. Even if I pretend innocent or not, he will know either way. I know, it is what my intuition tells me.

“No way. It would not be interesting.” He let out a sinful chuckle.

It is like he is taking this matter lightly.

“As I have heard, Your Majesty really loves interesting things.” One more thing he is notorious of, he has amor for exciting things. I think he will also love it if he is in between a life and death situation.

“An affair with a prince’s betrothed is interesting, too. How about it?” My brows creased.

I have expected to be offended but his words weighed nothing to me.

He leaned towards me. Umatras ako at naramdaman ang malamig na dingding sa aking likod. His eyes squinted as he lifted my chin.

“Pass.” I gently retorted.

“Right. After all, you also have the crown prince by your side. Sapat na iyon para sa iyo.” He scoffed.

“You are making me sound like I am in the middle of infidelity.” The side of my lips rose.

“Are you not?”

“It is not like I have a relationship with the crown prince. The second prince is also just my fiance.” He tilted his head. His lips brushed against my cheeks before he bid goodbye. He gave me a teasing look before retiring to his chambers. Kumurap ako.

I went back to my room after having a fresh air for a few minutes. A familiar scent, I immediately realized who was it who paid a visit late at night.

“Rionsky?” I uttered. He is sitting on the bed with his arms and legs crossed. With a little bit of his face darkened as if he is troubled by something, he looked like a jealous boyfriend. Napangisi ako.

What is this? Does he want to sleep with me? “What are you doing here?”

“Twice.” He coldly muttered.

Hmm? This feeling, I think I know what it is. It is the same feeling back then when he ws jealous of Heiden.

“Oh.” Is what I have uttered since I do not know what he meant. “You must be tired. You should rest.” Ani ko at tinanggal ang damit na nakapatong sa aking mga braso. “I will join you at the bed after my bath.” Ngisi ko. Tumalikod na ako upang kunin ang aking tuwalya nang bigla niyang yapusin ang aking baywang mula sa aking likuran. I cannot say that I am not astonished.

I am still not used of him being bold towards me. “Rion---” A little gasp escaped from me when he lift me in the air with his bare hands. I found myself thrown in the bed. “What are you doing?” My brows knotted. He came closer. “W-Wait...” Utal ko nang sumampa rin siya sa kama. My lips formed a straight line. Pinigilan ko ang aking sarili na huwag mabigla nang tumabi siya sa akin. I kep the same straight face when he wrapped his arms around my waist again. Deep inside are the screams of embarrassment I am feeling.

Who knew I would still feel embarrassment from this guy? “Where do you think you are touching...me?” Humigpit ang kanyang hawak sa akin. I felt tickled when his naughty fingers pressed against my belly between the silk I am wearing. Napakagat-labi ako.

This little tease... I know he is not doing this intentionally but...

Lumunok ako.

“The next time some man touches you, I will go the way through.” He dangerously whispered. A gentle but a threatening way. His hands naughtily went to my hips down to my thighs, it was rough. Napapikit ako.

I see. He was jealous of the emperor so that is why he became like this. Does he have a fuse whenever he feels strong feelings since he is not always like this? Well, I have been observing that I really am getting to know him the longer we spend our time with each other. His other sides and this as well.

Napangisi ako.

This is so damn interesting.

I have not slept the entire night but Rionsky was not the same. He really had his good sleep but just realized what he did last night and just shyly run away as soon as he woke up.

“You seem awfully quiet today, my lady.” Hilda commented as she covered my dark circles under my eyes with makeup.

“It must be your imagination.” I shrugged.

The morning started with eating breakfast with the emperor. What he did last night crossed my mind and I was thinking wether to be thankful or not to him because of Rionsky’s naughty actions.

Napailing ako.

“It is this way, my lady.” Napatingin ako kay Hilda. Magkaiba ang tahak na dadaanin namin. The servants following us around heed it no mind and kept their heads bowed and faces straight.

“Oh.” I cleared my throat in an unresponsive situation. Tumango lamang ako bilang sagot upang hindi mapahiya. I acted like I did nothing embarrassing. I went to the way Hilda guided with her hand. Doon na kami pumasok sa hapagkainan. The emperor and Heiden were already there, talking while waiting for me. Naihanda na ang almusal nang nakaupo na ako.

The talks were easy for me to understand as it is about our kingdom and the state of the center of the empire. The emperor also asked for my opinions. Some were lowkey hinted about the throne of the kingdom of Ronschwald but I shrugged them off and acted like it is not a big deal. I even caught some glances from Heiden. Ipinagsawalang-bahala ko na lamang.

Afternoon and we are still with the emperor. Our second afternoon in here made things a little bit tense to us since we are with the ruler of the empire but I was already at ease since we our talk last night.

“You should stop getting distracted, my lady, and get things peacefully done with the crown prince.” Hilda whispered.

Now that I thought about it, Rionsky and I have not really talked last night. He fell into a deep slumber after making me as his pillow. I did not even explained----not that I have to explain since there is no label between us.

“I told you, it is nothing like what you are thinking.”

Our three days left to enjoy the relaxing empire ended for a short while. Nasa harap na kami ng emperador ngayon upang ipaalam na ang aming alis ngayon.

“Aalis na kayo?” The emperor tilted his head. Like his posture the first time I saw him, the obnoxious look, crossed legs, chin in his wrist.

Like what I thought, that fits him better.

“Yes, Your Majesty. We don’t want to impose you any longer.” Si Heiden.

“Mmm...” The emperor hummed. “I see. Then safe travels. I look forward for when will I next meet you.” I heard his quiet snort.

“Thank you, Your Majesty.” Yumuko kami ulit bilang galang.

A little more and we will go back to our kingdom. Our last destination is the kingdom of Lodia. Gising na ako nang makarating kami sa paanan ng kaharian. We were still at the entrance when the carriage stopped. Heiden attempted to stop by.

“Where are you stopping by?” Ani ko. He just looked at me. Scoffed then turned away. “You do not have to be so cold.” Pang-aasar ko at ngumisi. Hindi na niya ako pinansin at bumaba na. The carriage started to move again.

If he stops here, then their base must be nearby, huh? But it will also be a ploy to confuse their enemies following them.

Napangisi ako.

As expected of the male lead, he have caught well. Now, he intends to cut off the tails following him and go to the location of their real base.

I clicked my tongue.

Well, I guess. There are really a little  talented people who can overshadow Heiden’s scope. It cannot be helped. “It starts now, huh?” I sighed.

To not expose that the second prince of Ronschwald kingdom and his betrothed is at the other kingdom’s, we remained in disguise risking our safeties. We stayed at an inn just like when we were at the other kingdoms.

Lodia kingdom is, as what I expected, advance more than I thought. Though our kingdoms are not in truce with each other, I admit that this is such a better place than Ronschwald.

A gust of the wind from the opened window.

“You are here, Hilda. Did he go to the palace---oh, it is you, Rionsky.” I gently baled my fist when I faced front. “You must have a lot of time to visit me every night.” It was unintentional but my voice went shaky so it sounded a bit sarcastic.

“I was bored.” He arrogantly answered. Not like what I expected, he does not seem bothered of what happened the night where he went jealous. I pursed my lips.

“That is your answer every time.” I folded my arms.

“Because it is true.”

“So if you came here, you must be expecting to sleep together.” Ngisi ko. Teasing him to remind him of what happened between us. He blinked his eyes twice then his face flustered. I grinned.

It worked.

“W-What are you talking about?” he covered his blushing face.

“What do you think, hmm?” Lumapit ako sa kanya, dahan-dahan.

“I am not indecent to touch a woman before I made her my wife.” Iniwas niya ang kanyang tingin. Napatigil ako sa kanyang sinabi at tumaas ang aking kilay. Umawang ang aking bibig. I shortly snorted.

“I do not get you.” Irap ko. “You tell me that but you are so close to going through me the other night. The crown prince is really a liar.” I shrugged.

“T-That was just a spur of the moment.” Napatabingi ako at muling ngumisi. I suddenly leaned to him and lifted his chin. Inilapit ko ang aking mukha sa kanya. Our faces are so close that I can feel our breaths touching each other.

“Would you consider this as a spur of the moment?” Sumingkit ang aking mga mata.

“Ari---” I pushed him to the soft mattress and greeted him a rough exchanging of our lips and tongue. It was just for a short moment and I pulled back. Tinignan ko siya mula sa ibaba. I was satisfied of his aroused reaction.

It was cute but sexy at the same time.

Pinahid ko ang aking mga labi.

“Oh, I forgot to tell you. You will stay submissive.” A hint of excitement from my voice.

Lately, he has been switching to the dominant type but it makes me crazy every time he does that and it is not good for my heart.

“W-Wha---”

“I have not forgiven you for carelessly touching me last time so consider this as your punishment.” My index finger tapped his wet lips. Umawang ang kanyang bibig.

Once again, we spent the night together sleeping with each other’s arms.

Kinabukasan ay wala na naman si Rionsky sa aking tabi nang magising ako. I also received a report from Hilda that Heiden did not went here last night so I assumed that he was busy with his colleagues of the rebellion.

“My lady.”

“What is it, Hilda?” I glanced at her, stopped being absorbed at the newspaper.

“A letter from young master.” Kumurap ako at tinanggap ang sulat na kanyang hawak. I opened it with a knife and read it. My eyes squinted at the content of the letter.