Season 2: Chapter 18

Season 2

Chapter 18

“What farce is this, crown prince?” The king stood up. Of course, with a confused and serious look in his face. The others started to murmur in confusion. Nanatili pa ring kaunting nakaawang ang aking mga labi.

“It is not a farce.” The crown prince protested with a confident smirk plastered in his face. “I will be marrying the duchess of house di Vonce, Arisia.” I snorted and smirked in secret.

Never would I have thought he will make an approach like this. Is he the same Rionksy I know?

I licked my lips.

At least, now I know, he really have changed.

Marahas na tumayo ang reyna at pinanlisikan siya ng mga mata. With her teeth gritting, she pointed her finger at her in rudeness.

“Nonsense! She is engaged to my son! Ikakasal na silang dalawa ni Heiden sa mga susunod na buwan. And you, your fiancee is right here! How dare you say that in front of the princess?!” Namumulang ani nito sa galit at hiya. Because of Rionsky’s sudden actions, she was not able to supress her emotions anymore and it backfired on her. She was getting a lot of attention from the people but it seems that her attention is onto the crown prince mindlessly looking at her with his cold gaze.

“I was not asking for your opinion. What I want, what I’ll get.” Rionsky tilted his head again, announcing. I crossed my arms as my nails dug in my skin. I secretly gasped as if what he said has such an overwhelming effect to me. Sumingkit ang aking mga mata sa nangyayari sa aking harapan. I felt Heiden’s presence beside me that made me a bit wary. I felt his breathe under my skin.

“Did you know this would happen?” His breathe crawled under my skin when I felt it at his whisper at the back of my ear. I looked at him with uninterest but amusement because of Rionsky at the same time.

“Scram, Heiden.” I answered with a sweet smile. I heard him clicking his tongue. He gritted his teeth before leaving my side.

He and the queen are really two peas in a pod.

Sa isang iglap ay kaharap na niya ang unang prinsipe at nakatutok ang espada nito sa kanya. I did not even notice him unsheathing his sword.

What a serious man.

Rionsky just answered a snort.

“I will slice your neck if you keep spewing nonsense. Arisia is mine.” Giit ni Heiden. Possessiveness is in his tone. Napataas ang aking kilay.

“Are you hers, then?” The other answered in a mocking tone, giving his enemy a nice refute. I remained my calm expression since I have been feeling a bit up earlier.

He just claimed that I own him.

“W-What?” Kunot-noong ani ni Heiden at halata ang inis sa kanyang boses. Napangisi rin ako sa kanyang sinagot ni Rionsky. My hand went to my lips.

It is getting interesting.

“Then you lost.” He shrugged, making Heiden’s face more angry. In a snap, they were fighting with swords in front of our eyes. Ang sigawan ng lahat at ang mga metal na kalansing ng mga espada ang buong narinig.

“Lady Arisia!” Sa gitna ng malakas ng sigawan ay narinig ko ang pagtawag sa akin ni Myrna. Of course, with a frightened expression in her face, she held my hand. She is dragging me away from the panicking crowd. I closed my eyes for a second and took a deep breathe. I opened my eyes. Tinanggal ko ang pagkakahawak niya sa aking kamay.

“We should leave, Myrna. Blood will come out in a few seconds.” Ani ko.

Personally, I would like to see the fight between these two but the so-called predictable future has changed and have gone in a short span of time. I do not have the ounce to leisurely relax while the percentage of my death is rising up.

I pursed my lips.

Rionsky, too. I should not just let my adorable crown prince die if I do not want boredom.

“I’m scared! What’s happening?” Myrna blurted out as soon as we got into a room. Some di Vonce knights are now guarding the door from outside. She hastily locked it and looked at us in confusion and panic. I did not answer. I felt the ladies’ stare at me that made me glare at them. They jerked and avoided my look. I sighed.

“Do you have something to say?” Panimula ko.

“What did the crown prince meant earlier?” Mary hesitatingly asked.

“What?” I said, acting dumb. Irap akong palihim.

“Was he serious when he said he’ll be your queen?”

“Then they are fighting because of...” Tuloy ni Blise.

“Me?” Tuloy ko. I sarcastically chuckled. “I would be too arrogant to say that. If I were to pick a word, then the throne is more accurate.” Tango ko.

“Anong ibig mong sabihin, lady Arisia? The second prince wants the throne, too?” Myrna said with parted lips. I just smiled and tilted my head.

As if they did not come to that conclusion. Are they acting dumb?

“Oh my god...” One gasped.

“Still, one of the reasons why they are at each other’s neck is because of lady---”

“Mary!” Tigil nila sa kanya. Napalunok sila at hindi na makatingin sa akin. Mary looked at me with confusion and curiosity. I parted my lips and sighed for the nth time as I sweetly smiled at her.

I was trying to not feel pissed off at her and suppress it but she is just so persistent in being curious. She is not a cat, she does not have nine lives to be that curious. Why is she trying to die? Hmm...this may be just her time now.

“You piss me off.” I gave her a cold stare. She pursed her lips. “Sure, let us just say I am the reason why they are in a huge dispute. Then I will make sure that I am the reason why you are buried six feet under.” Dahan-dahan akong lumapit sa kanya at sa isang iglap ay nawala ang kanyang ulo mula sa kanyang katawan. Her body fell down and the screams of the ladies beside me echoed throught the whole room. Napaatras silang dalawa habang si Ruvia ay nakapalumbaba lamang na nakamasid sa amin.

Is she acting as a spectator now or she just wants to see blood? I know that she is bloodthirsty but she does not have to make it obvious.

Napairap ako at umiling bago iwinasiwas ang aking espada. Some blood splattered around.

“M-Murderer!” Blise screamed as she looked at me with a scared look.

“Thank you.” Matamis akong ngumiti at hinablot ang kanyang buhok bago pugutan ang kanyang ulo. Ending her life in a snap in front of her friend. “Well, Myrna? Are you okay?” Tanong ko sa kanya nang mapansing namumutla siya. She has her eyes widened and her jaw dropped as her tears started to fall.

Cannot believe reality?

“L-Lady Arisia... please don’t k-kill me. I-I will do w-what you w-want.” Her voice croaked. Napaluhod siya at dahan-dahang lumapit sa akin habang rumaragasa ang mga luha. She held on my dress painted with blood. Siguro ay hindi niya napansin dahil nahahawakan na rin niya ito. I just blinked.

Why does it feel like something is wrong? Everything is going just right but it does not feel right.

“Mmm... I do not know what I want you to do, though.” I let out a small sigh. “Why not just die? I do not want a stranger witnessing what I did.” I held her chin and lifted it so rough. Emphasizing that she is nothing but a stranger to me.

Seeing her like this makes me feel like an actual evil person. Well, it is right,though.

“N-No, please, n-no... lady A-Arisia...” Nanginginig siyang tumayo. Her face is facing downwards that I cannot see her face. Her body shook. Kumunot ang aking noo nang maya-maya ay bigla siyang tumawa na parang baliw. She started wiping her tears as she go to Ruvia’s direction.

“Is there anything funny?” Lumamig ang aking boses.

I knew something is not right. Is this a real personality of her?

Tumigil siya at biglang pumunta sa likuran ng isa habang may nakatutok na kutsilyo sa leeg nito. My eyes squinted. Ruvia did not react and tried to disarm her. She must be thinking of Myrna of just a leech that she does not even want to lay a finger on her.

Was she aiming for this from the start? If she is, then she sucks. Did a possibility of her failing for doing that not crossed her mind? If Ruvia killed her first then she would have not had her knife at Ruvia’s neck.

“Don’t move, lady Arisia, or I will kill this slut.” She smiled with an ecstatic look in her face, innocently smiling like a psychopath.

Good grief, I did not expect her to be a psychopath.

Ruvia did not budge and remained calm like it is nothing new to her.

As expected, I commend her tenaciousness of being calm even though she is at her death’s door.

“I did not expect you to do that move, Myrna. I thought you were a rabbit in a den of wild rabbits. You do not fail me because you still are.” I sighed in disappointment.

“Me? Are you referring to me as a coward? A coward, lady Arisia? How could I be a coward when I managed to order my people to poison you? You slut!” Napasipol ako sa kanyang sinagot. Napangisi ako. My hand went to my lips.

She was not dumb as I thought but she is still stupid.

“That was you?” Although I did not expect it to be her doing, I am not surprised since I am not too much affected of it.

“Surprised?” Aniya habang may ngisi sa labi.

“Not really. It was a weak poison. It does not even falter me.”

“You slut!” Angil niya. Kumunot ang aking noo sa kanyang tinuran.

Now what is she accusing me of?

“Bakit ba kanina mo pa ako tinatawag na ganyan? Even Ruvia? Do you not have a wide range of vocabulary?” Pag-aalala ko.

“You and Ruvia are just the same. Mang-aagaw kayo! You took Heiden away from me! Did you know? I used to play with Heiden when we were kids but he lost his memory when he hit his head because he saved me. He forgot me. This slut used that opportunity to get close to him and introduced herself as his playmate. Such a slut, right?” She chuckled. My lips formed an o.

So that is why. She is doing this out of hatred for people who tries to covet Heiden and obsession for him. As for Ruvia, that was quite a move. Again, I commend her for that. You should take chances and opportunities when it comes.

Napailing ako sa dismaya.

Why do these ladies always go for the second prince when my adorable Rionsky is obviously better?

Napahawak ako sa aking mukha.

Well, we all have our tastes in men. They may have go for bad type of men but Heiden is more of an ass. Still, that is good for me since I do not want them fawning over to the other.

“So?” My brow raised.

“What? I was supposed to be in your position instead. I thought I will finally get my chance when Ruvia and Heiden’s engagement broke but you came! You came and stole that position from me!” She continued to whine.

“You are crazy.” I was disappointed of her for the nth time. “Do not worry. I will not marry Heiden. You two will fit each other since you are both crazy.” I chuckled.

“Talaga namang kami dapat talaga. Insagaw niyo lang mula sa akin!” She gritted her teeth. Her tears started swelling of my direct rejections of her whines. “I will tell Heiden your true nature. Siguradong hindi ka na magugustuhan noon.” As she said.

“Go on.” I nodded and faked a smile. “If you can.” As I have said that, she froze on her spot and fell in the floor. There is a needle stuck in her neck when I scanned her. I licked my lips.

Poison, huh?

I smirked in amusement.

“Get up.” Ani ko kay Ruvia. She also fell on the floor when Myrna did.

“How cold of you. I am wounded.” She said in a cold voice. She let out a small sigh.

“That is just a scratch.” Taas-kilay kong sagot. I just looked at the wound at her neck due to Myrna earlier. “Come on, get up. Surely, you can stand up by yourself, right? The night is still not done.” Hindi siya sumagot at marahan na tumayo bago pinagpag ang kanyang damit. I crossed my arms. “As much as I want to appreciate the disposal you did, I can take care of her.” Ani ko. I looked at the man who entered the room from the window through my peripheral view. His red hair is still his mark that I know of who was it even before. I turned to him with a squinted look. “Gideon.” I muttered. Ngumisi siya sa akin. My eyes went down to his needles that he is playing with his fingers, like an expert with it.

“T’day has really surprised me. Never thought Rionsky’d act that way.” I snorted.

He is addressing him so casually.

“What do you think? And you can now act truthfully.” Mataman ko siyang tinignan.

“How’d y’know?” Gulat niyang sinabi. Kalaunan ay nawala din ang ngisi.

“Just because.” I shrugged.

“What that girl said was right, you really are a slut.” He chuckled. His look changed in an instant. He is now furiously looking at me, trying to burn me with it. “Rionsky's supposed to be mine. Mine to tame and mine to control. Yet what'd y'do, ya changed him and even got him under your control.” Aniya. I scoffed one more time.

Yet here goes another delusional one. And he is aiming for my Rionsky, even from the start.

Nanatili akong nakinig sa kanyang mga sinabi na nagpatawa sa akin. “And I cannot forgive whoever takes what's mine.” I shook my head of what he announced.

Is he really saying that to me? Is he even aware that Rionsky is mine and not his? Good grief, I need to wake up this delusional one from his fantasy. This is going too far to call it a joke.

“You really are funny, Gideon.” Binasa ko ang aking mga labi.

The moment I saw his red hair of his made me thought of the novel, he has secret feelings for the crown prince that turned to obsession, now wanting Rionsky to be his. If it was a typical love story for boys, I would have given it a go but the feeling of not just wanting him for Rionsky is strong that I cannot shake up the feeling that he is claiming him his.

I bit my lip.

How laughable, Gideon. “Or should I say, Gerard Vordo Lodia, the third prince of Lodia kingdom.” His lips parted of what I said before giving me a dangerous expression plastered in his face.