Chapter 11

Narrator's point of view

Auralie laid plainly on her bed, staring at her ceiling boredly. It was another boring week in her home, with Draco knocking on her door pleading and asking the girl if she is okay. Things had not been okay since Dumbledore died, she watched him fall to his death and let it happen.

She couldn't open the door to welcome her brother like old times, instead she ignored Draco and sat lividly on her bed until his voice goes away. Auralie's memory of Hermione has been stuck on her head for days, She had even considered on visiting again but it will only hurt her considering as Hermione never feels the same way.

Auralie sat up, startled by the sound of something hitting her window open. She walked towards it and saw an owl with a letter, she immediately opened it and let the owl in.

By the looks of it, it doesn't seem like she knew who this belonged to. She nonetheless pet it thankfully and grabbed the letter from its beak.

It flew away and Auralie watched as the animal disappear from her eyes. She closed the window and sat on her chair ripping apart the letter so she coul read it in silence.

Auralie Malfoy

Go to the Weasley's residence, auralie. I have asked them if it is okay to invite you and they did, with persuasion. I know you didn't mean to harm Dumbledore, Please I am giving you a chance to redeem yourself. You don't have to be like your parents and your brother, you are your own person Auralie. I deeply apologize for what I did to Draco but please, for Hermione, Come here. But once you do, you can not come back to them, I won't let you. Yes, I have seen at how you look at Hermione. I know that you can take care of her, you don't have to be afraid because we will have your back. I give you my word and I will as well when I meet you here. By the time my friends' owl arrive, Bill and Fleur's wedding will be tomorrow. Don't go to the reception I will meet you first in the trail by the fields. Please Auralie, help us.

Sincerely,
Harry James Potter

Auralie sighed, a flow of tears streaming down her cheeks as she finished reading the letter, A few drops hitting the paper.

There it was, the sign that she can still make the right decision for her. A chance to make the right choice even if it hurts her family. She didn't think twice and grabbed her wand from the drawer, her coat and her bag. She had packed lightly, she had to walk a long way before she can even ride her broom.

Before she could open the window to jump out, her door knocked, widening her eyes. She closed it back and listened to see who it is.

"Auralie... Please I need to know if you are alright." Draco's voice screamed of desperation. Her hand hovered over the doorknob, wanting to open it and see her brother one last time before she leaves.

She has made her decision, leaving her twin is the hardest part. She can't string him along in her mess, if everything turns out bad, Atleast Draco will be safe.

"I am worried, sister. I should've protected you from our parents demise. I should be the one who got to worry about Dumbledore." Draco sobbed from the other side of the door, Auralie's hand backed away from the door. She couldn't face him.

"Auralie... I do not say it as often, But I care for you alright? Whatever happens to us and on the war, I love you sister." Draco whispered, the door thudding when he leaned on it the hot tears streaming down his face.

He had made a lot of mistakes and letting Auralie go finish their job was the major one. He had been kicking himself of being bested by Potter on that bathroom, He had to stay a few hours in the hospital wing when he did. And when A death-eater came to get him, Auralie was not recognisable anymore. His sister who had the quirky and evil-ish grin was not there. He had begged for days to let her poor her emotions onto him but to no avail. He had failed of protecting her slightly younger sister, failed her.