Chapter 9

Narrator's point of view

A night in the muggle world

Hermione has spent a month in her house with her parents. She constantly worry for Harry and what's his plan for the summer and the next semester of Hogwarts. She tried sending letters but the boy doesn't always respond too quickly.

One night, she wrote a letter for Auralie. She was planning on talking to her for a while now, the last time they talked was months ago. Hermione came to apologize to her on behalf of Harry and what's he done to Draco.

Auralie was always easy to persuade and gave in to talk to Granger. They spent the entire night talking in the library or even going out to explore the cold night in the castle. They had so much fun that neither of them wanted to leave each other.

But they were almost caught my Professor Mcgonagall when they sneaked back in the library, Auralie had to practically drag the girl to the Gryffindor common room to sleep. It was a night of memories and getting to know each other.

It has been a week since Hermione sent in the letter, There were no response from the girl. She even got terrified that somebody else got the letter and punished Auralie for getting involve with a muggle-born.

Today it was midnight, she spent the remaining hours to look at the dark sky, sitting besides her window that she had opened not fully. She had hoped that some day, Auralie would knock downstairs, having the same grin and attitude like before. It was something that she truly missed in a long time.

But times like this it's different, with Dumbledore gone, nobody will protect the students at Hogwarts the way he did. There are a few professors who care deeply for their students ofcourse but nobody would measure up to how Albus cared for them like his own children.

Hermione's been playing with her wand for hours, Fondling with it and kept admiring it. She gasped by the sudden lose of control she had done and almost broke her shelves.

"Hermione? What was that?" Her mother's voice spoke from downstairs startling Hermione.

"Nothing mum!" Hermione excused and her mother just told her to be careful.

She sighed and hopped to her feet walking to the table to fix her fallen books. All of which seemed to be old and from centuries ago.

She observed as one was burnt to crisp and was no longer useful to her. She sighed and threw it in the bin.

"Don't throw that away, a simple spell won't hurt would it?"

Hermione turned around and pointed her wand at the voice. She gasped and saw Auralie by her window, sitting on it like she's been there for a while. She had a small grin, just like how Hermione imagined when she saw her again.

"Auralie." Hermione called and smiled walking over to her. She pulled the girl inside and hugged her so tightly that the Auralie couldn't breath.

She didn't mind and returned the embrace, It's been too long since they saw each other last anyways.

"And a simple letter wouldn't hurt as well would it? Where have you been?" Hermione slapped her shoulder making Auralie yelp in pain.

"I have been busy." Auralie explained and walked over to the broken book to grab it. She waved her wand casting a simple spell and it was looking brand new.

"You can't use magic! I could be expelled!" Hermione whispered in a low angered tone while taking the book away from Auralie's grip.

It caused her to laugh. "Oh how I missed you and your attitude 'mione. How are you?" Auralie asked and sat on a chair.