Chapter 20

Narrator's point of view

All four of the friends travelled to Luna's father, Hermione wanted to visit him ask him questions of what the symbol means. It keeps popping out everywhere they went or search for a clue.

It was a house in the middle of no where, quite peaceful to take residence in. No wonder Luna grew to be a caring and fortunate girl.

Hermione knocked on the door, waiting for Xenophilius, Luna's father to answer the door.

Auralie took no part of coming close to Hermione, or even talk about her at all. She didn't want to lash out or be dramatic about what happened but every time she thinks of it, all she does is just that. She would stick to Ron or Harry the entire time Ron came back, ofcourse the boys didn't notice her acting weird, only Hermione who got irritated once for ignoring her.

The door opened and Xenophilius came to view. "What is it? Who are you? What do you want?" He asked continuously.

"Hello Mr. Lovegood. I'm Harry Potter we met once a few months ago." Harry introduced himself and walked up the stairs, "Could come in?"

He nodded and let the teens in and prepared tea for them before all of them sat down in the living room, awkwardly sitting in silence.

"Where's Luna?" Hermione broke the silence startling the older man.

"Luna? She'll be along." He stated and all the drank their tea making this situation more awkward for all.

"So, How can I help you Mr. Potter?"

"Well... Actually, It's about something you were wearing on your neck on the wedding. It was a symbol." Harry put his cup down and asked,

"You mean this?" Xenophilius asked, putting his necklace on his palm showing it to Potter who said yes and looked at it closely.

"What is it?" Harry questioned

"What is it? Well it's the sign of the deathly hallows ofcourse." He said making Hermione and the others ask 'the what?'.

"The deathly hallows. I assume you are all familiar with the tale of the three brothers." He said and Hermione, Ron and Auralie agreed leaving Harry confused.

"I have it in here." Hermione said and took the book from her bag, flipping through pages.

"There were once three brothers who were travelling along a lonely winding road, at twilight." Hermione was about to tell the story but Ron spoke,

"Midnight, Mum always said midnight." He added but Auralie nudged his waist shutting him up.

Ron gave her a confused glare and she shook her head at him, making sure he doesn't interrupt anymore. "Twilight's fine. Better actually." Ron said smiling, oblivious of the Granger's glare at him.

"Do you want to read it?" She asked sarcastically for he interrupted her making Auralie smile secretly.

"There were once three brothers who were travelling along a lonely winding road, at twilight. In time, the brothers reached a river, too treacherous to pass. But being landed on the magical arts, the three brothers simply waved their wands and made a bridge. Before they could cross however, they found their path blocked by a hooded figure. It was death and he felt cheated."

"Cheated because travellers would normally drown in the river, Death was Cunning. He pretended to congratulate the three brothers on their magic. And said that each should earn a prize for having been clever enough to evade him."

"The oldest, asked for a wand more powerful than any in existence. So death fashioned him one from the elder tree that stood near-by. The second brother, decided he wanted to humiliate death even further and asked for the power to call loved ones from the grave. So death plucked a stone from the river and offered it to him. Finally, death turned to the third brother. A humble man he asked for something that will allow him to go forth from his place without being followed by death and so it was that death reluctantly handed over his own cloak of invisibility."