I rubbed my arm in embarrassment, not having the courage to look back at her in the eyes. "Hello, Kina-san." I muttered.

"You look..." She scanned me from head to toe, and I know that she also noticed the large rashes appearing on my body before she shook her head with a smile. "lovely." I pouted in dismay. "Snack on those French toasts for the time being and there's also coffee." She took out a cup from the drawer and handed it to me.

"Okay... thank you." I said with a small voice, obediently pouring myself a cup of coffee and taking a bite out of the French toast, tasting the sogginess and egginess of it firsthand. I just noticed that Kina-san watched me from the corner of her eyes.

"So? How's my French toast, Chef?" She turned to me with a glint of anticipation in her eyes. It reminded me of when I was still a culinary student anticipating for the answer of my teacher when she tasted my handiwork.

I blinked in surprise, swallowing before replying. "It's... delicious." She narrowed her eyes, which made me look away with a sweat-drop. "It's a bit... soggy and eggy. But it's just me."

"How do you make your French toasts, dear?"

"Um..." I thought for a moment. "I usually put half and half as a substitute for the milk so it'll be a bit more heavy, and the ratio of the milk and eggs have to be balanced so that it will not be too wet and soggy. Um... and the ideal thickness of the bread is about three-fourth to one inch thick." I said sheepishly, gesturing her thin French toast.

Kina-san nodded in agreement, then she asked me to demonstrate how I make my French toasts. She just watched in fascination as I moved swiftly in the kitchen like I usually do. I added a few extra ingredients and garnished it with berries and maple syrup. After I was done, I smiled in satisfaction because it turned out good than I expected.

"Wow! I could eat these every day." Kina-san beamed whilst chewing the bread, nodding in satisfaction. "You'd really make a good wife." She chuckled, looking at me with a mischievous glint in her eyes. Not long after, Tsukishima walked in already in his work attire while we were busy cleaning the kitchen.

"Good morning, Kei." Kina-san greeted her son.

"Morning." He greeted while pouring himself a glass of water. He glanced at me as he did so. I busied myself by grabbing the three plates of breakfast and attempted to leave the kitchen when he asked. "Why do you look so red?" I turned to him to see his eyebrows knitted together in question.

"That's the normal reaction of my body to alcohol," I answered with a light shrug. "I get really red and rashes sometimes appear."

"If that's the case, then why'd you still drink?" His tone turned a bit more stern.

"You already know the reason, right?" I retorted and he just rolled his eyes then talked to his Mom, while I went out of the kitchen to put the plates on the dining table.

"Kinomi-chan?" Akiteru-san walked in time just as I placed the plate on the table. "That's you, isn't it?"

"Hi, Akiteru-san." I greeted with a small smile.

"Wow, it's been so long! You look so much different now! How are you?"

"I'm okay." I chuckled sheepishly.

"Wait, does that mean..." He glanced behind me, and I followed his gaze to see Tsukishima and Kina-san walking towards us, ready to join us for breakfast. "Are you two back together?"

"No." Tsukishima and I said in unison.

Kina-san giggled. "You took the words right out of my mouth, Aki."