With a sigh, I reached for my phone and turned it on, surprised to find it fully charged. There I saw numerous text and calls from my friends and family.

Tora:

Why aren't you answering my calls and texts? Where the hell are you?!

Aoi:

Text me as soon as u read this. luv u xx

Saito Yuka-san:

Sorry :) I had to.

Noah:

Mimi!! I think I'm in loveeeee <3

Tora:

Oh nvm, your brother just said you spent the night at your ex's. . . are you two back together?

Eira:

Are you okay, Kinomi-chan? I can't believe Yuka ditched you. I'll send our driver to fetch you tomorrow.

Tetsurou:

I covered up for you in case you wouldn't be able to go home tomorrow. Friendly reminder, sis: keep it PG. *wink wink*

I rolled my eyes at their texts, not bothering to reply to any of them. It was already 5:48 am when I carefully climbed out of bed, my balance slightly unsteady. I opened my bag to pull out my notepad, ripping a page out of it and scribbled an apology and a thank you. I left it on the nightstand and collected my belongings, then slowly crept out of the room. I bet I look like shit right now, and I wanted nothing more than to get out of here and go home to take a shower to ease my hangover.

The house didn't change a lot since the last time I went here six years ago. I passed by quietly, memories resurfacing once again. I made my way downstairs with light treads, scanning the empty living room before making my way towards the front door but I stopped dead on my tracks when I heard someone clear their throat.

"Well, well, well, who do we have here?" A smooth female voice called out, which made my heart sink to the pit of my stomach. I slowly peered over my shoulder like a criminal caught red-handed to see her with a satisfied smirk plastered on her lips, hands on her hips with a pink apron on.

"K-kina-san..." I managed to squeak out.

"Where do you think you're going?" She asked with a raised eyebrow.

"U-um..." I swallowed nervously. My heart fluttered upon seeing her warm, gentle smile.

Kina-san pressed her hands together then went over to take my bag. "Kina-san?" I questioned, bewildered.

"I'm going to take your bag hostage. You're not allowed to leave until I say so." She stuck her tongue out, teasing me.

"B-but I need to go back to Tokyo—"

"What, you're just going to leave like that after disappearing off the face of Japan for so many years? I am so upset with you, missy." Kina-san shook her head as if disappointed. Then she went behind to push me toward the bathroom. "Kei said that you're going to sneak out so I should be on the look-out. What do you know? He still knows you from the inside-out." She chuckled. "I already put clothes in the bottom drawer. Take a shower, dear, you look like you woke up on the wrong side of the bed this morning."

"I did... literally." I mumbled to myself once I closed the bathroom door behind me. I stripped off my clothes and started taking a quick, cold shower to ease the pounding headache. I also changed into Kina-san's fresh floral dress.

I went back to the kitchen to see her still preparing breakfast. When she sensed my presence, she turned around to meet me. She smiled warmly at me. "Hello there, Kinomi-chan."