Chapter 48

Bellamy P.O.V
It was a day before Christmas Eve, and O had dragged me to the mall to go gift shopping. It had taken her an hour to get me to agree to come with her, which was a record for me. Usually it only took five minutes of her begging, pout and, puppy dog eyes to get me to agree to mostly anything. The reason I didn't want to go shopping because I want to spend today with Clarke. She hasn't woken up, and though it been had only been a few days I couldn't wait 'till she did. The only reason I had actually been convinced to come was because I was going to buy Clarke something. I didn't know what that something was going to be, but I was surely going to come up with something. We had gone through three stores, and O had almost all her shopping done. For some reason the Kane's started trying to be nice to us and gave us each $400 , for us to go Christmas shopping. I guess their conscious finally booted up again, and they felt guilty for how they've been treating us these last 16 years. Or at least Mrs. Kane felt bad, because Marcus was still being a huge dick head. He still yelled at me, he still tried to hit me(more than often I wouldn't let him),and he still acted as if I was an ungrateful little a-hole. I'm almost certain that he only gave us money was because of his wife. At first I was reluctant to take the money because I didn't want anything that came from those people, but eventually O convinced, saying that I couldn't buy anything for Clarke if I didn't have money. She didn't know that, I in fact I did have money, I took the money anyways. I planned to use the money from the Kane's for everyone else's gifts, and use the money I had saved up for Clarke's gift. Some of the money I had saved up was sadly from the stuff I did with the Grounders, I had left the Grounders three or four years ago, but I hadn't touched the money. The rest of the money I had saved up was from my current job as a video game tester. I had started the job a couple months before, and it was perfect. I could stay home to watch O, and get payed for playing. No one knew I had this job, and O never asked where I got money to buy her clothes or school supplies. Before I got the job and after I quit the Grounders Miller was helping me, so I guess she assumed he still was. I had everyone's gift, but Clarke's. At around twelve O got hungry so we ordered food and sat down on a table at the food court. I let my eyes trail around and I saw a jewelry store. Immediately I knew what I was going to get Clarke. I stood and told my sister I was going to the bathroom. I didn't want O to know what Clarke was going to get, because I didn't want her to tell anyone. I loved O as much as you could love a sister, but she couldn't keep a secret to save her life. I walked into the jewelry store and was greeted by a woman, who seemed to be in her mid forties.
"May I help you, young man?" She asked.
"Yes, can you show me the engagement rings?" I asked.
She seemed a little surprised."Of course." She led me across the store and showed me an array of rings. I was searching for one that would be perfect for my Princess, when the woman spoke."Mind my curiosity, but how old are you?"
"Nineteen." I responded and her eyes slightly widened.
"And you are already thinking of marriage?"
I chuckled."Yes. Surprising?"
She smiled."Very much, usually people don't really think of marriage until they're a little older."
"Well that's because they hadn't found anyone they loved." I told her.
"I suppose you have?"
"Yes, and I surprised myself when I fell for her." I said truthfully.
"Can you tell me, how you fell for her? It might sound odd, but it can help me help you find the perfect ring if you tell me the story." She said.
I nodded."It started four or five months ago,"
The women interrupted me."Wait you've been dating for less than half a year?"
"No we've been dating for less than that, but I like to think that it was love at first sight. Even if we didn't know it ourselves."
She nodded, and I continued. I told her how much we argued in the beginning. How I felt jealous when she was kissing my friend, and in all how I the rebel, the King of the school fell for stubborn Clarke Griffin my Princess. I included every part, almost every detail(excluding the Grounder threats), I even included the part that right now she was in a coma but was going to wake up soon. When I finished I looked up at the women. She seemed close to tears.
"Wow, your love is real love. A kind I rarely see, know I understand why even win your so young you feel ready to take this step. Now let's get searching for that ring." She said. None of the rings looked right, for my Princess.
"Do you have any in midnight blue?" I asked.
"Maybe, I'll be right back." She went into the back room and came back with a case full of beautiful rings. Instantly one caught my attention.
"That one." I pointed to the ring.
She took it and handed it to me. I inspected the ring."Is that the ring?"
"Yes." I answered."How much?"
"Well it's $1,500, but with a love like yours I think the fair thing is to knock down the price a bit." She said with a smile.
"Are you sure? Don't you have to check with your boss?" I asked.
"I am the boss." She stated.
"Thank you." I said. I payed for the ring and also bought a box to put it in. I asked if she had a normal plastic bag so O wouldn't notice what I bought, and she gave me a JCPenny bag. I walked back to the food court where O was looking at her phone. When I reached the table she looked up.
"Where the hell did you go? You took forever." She complained.
"I saw something that I could get for Clarke." Not really a lie.
"Whatever, we need to go. Thalia, Clarke's cousin is going to arrive at two and we need to be there to tell her what happened." She said. I nodded and we headed to my car. We went straight to the Griffin's house. When we arrived, Monty and Jasper answered the door. They have been the ones mostly taking care of Charlotte since the accident. Currently, Dr. Griffin was at work so we were going to tell Thalia what happened. At around two-thirty their was a knock on the door. I opened it and the girl who I guessed was Thalia frowned.
"Is this the Griffin's residence?"
"Yeah, I'm Bellamy. Clarke's boyfriend." I said, and extended my hand.
She smiled and shook my hand."I didn't know Clarke had a boyfriend. In all fairness she hadn't really written a letter to me since the beginning of her school year. Now that I think about it she did mention a Bellamy. By how she described you I would've never guessed you were her boyfriend."
I smiled, thinking of what Clarke could have written."How did she describe me?"
"As an arrogant, asshole/douchebag that only cares about himself and is annoyingly handsome." She told me and I chuckled.
"We were pretty much at each other's throats at the start." I said.
"Well then, what they say is true. Hate can be mistaken for love."
I nodded in agreement and led her to the living room. Suddenly I turned serious, remembering what we were here for.
"Where's Clarke?" Thalia asked.
"You might want to sit down." Monty said. Thalia sat on the couch warily. We told her what had happened, and before we could finish she interrupted us.
"What? No! What does the world have against her? She's alway so nice, why does bad stuff always happen to her?" Thalia exclaimed.
"What do you mean bad stuff always happen to her?" I asked.
"I mean that first she looses her dad. Then her mom starts paying more attention to her job then her. Besides dealing with neglect at home she always had to deal with being bullied at school, maybe not at her current school but at her others she was always bullied. And now that she has finally found some happiness this happens!"
I was surprised to hear Clarke was bullied, but right now we had to finish telling Thalia the whole story."Thalia we're not done."
She looked at us."What do you mean?" We proceeded to tell her the good news, and she sighed in relief."Thank goodness." After we had finished telling her O and I went home, not before we checked on Charlotte though. When we got home I went to my room and placed the ring in the box carefully. I began thinking of how I was going to ask Clarke when she woke up. I wondered how everyone especially Clarke would react. I was worried about Dr.Griffin's reaction, she still didn't like me. Most likely she wouldn't be too happy about me asking Clarke to marry me. Oh well, I loved Clarke and noting was going to stop me from asking her to be my wife.