Chapter 31

A/N I got all the scary stories from the Internet so you can search them if you want the full length stories. Happy Christmas Eve!
Clarke P.O.V.
After I left the bathroom I walked back to my seat and tried to fall asleep. It wasn't very difficult since only had about four hours of sleep last night. When I was almost asleep o felt someone kiss my cheek. I didn't look because, I knew it was Bellamy. I didn't dream at all, it was as if I blinked and all of a sudden we were getting off the plane. At the airport we grabbed our bags and the teacher did role call for about the third time. The teacher gave us our assigned groups that we would have to share our tents with. The tents were fairly large so each one would hold about four people. My group was Octavia, Raven, and Fox. They dropped us off at a clearing in a forest, and left. Our teacher was going to be staying in a town an hour walking from here, and would come get is in ten days. We got our tent set up first, so I went to help Camilo. It seemed as if his whole group left him by himself to set it up. He looked very confused as he tried to figure out what. The stakes were for.
"Need help?" I asked.
"Yes please." He said and I took the stakes from his hand. I staked down one corners of the tent and Camilo copied what I did. Once all the corners were staked down, we connected the tents poles then we assembled the frame. After we assembled the tent we went inside to lay out his sleeping bag.
"Who are you sharing a tent with?" I asked him, as I sat on the sleeping bad. He sat down and sighed.
"What are the people you have to share a tent with that bad?"
" Well there's Murphy," I scrunched my nose that was bad. "Then there's Bellamy." I didn't respond to that. We stayed quiet for a little.
"So, who else is in your tent?" I asked.
"No one else, we were the only group with three." He answered.
"Okay well I, going to go see if anyone else needs help, you want to come?"
He nodded and we exited the tent. Many of the group's weren't done yet so we went around and helped them. Once we were done helping we met up with Octavia, Fox, Raven, Miller, Miles, Monty, and Jasper. We made a bonfire and dragged a couple of logs around the fire. The sun was already down, and mostly everyone else was in there tent. When we sat down we roasted marshmallows that Raven had brought even though we weren't supposed to. I don't where she hid them because our teacher had searched our bags to make sure we only brought clothes,and a stick of deodorant.
"Monty open your mouth." I told him, he was siting across from me next to Raven. He opened his mouth and I threw a marshmallow. It went in. He chewed it smiling.
"Your turn." Camilo said. He grabbed a marshmallow from the bag and stood up going three steps behind where Monty was sitting. I opened my mouth and he threw it. Surprisingly it made it in my mouth.
"Nice shot man." Miller said.
"Thanks." Camilo sat back down next to me.
"Guys!" Octavia yelled causing us to look at her.
"What?" Fox asked her.
"We should totally tell scary stories!" Octavia smiled.
I laughed."Is that really why you screamed?"
"Yep." She said popping the 'p'.
"Ok me first." Raven said and began telling her story. It was about the Crying Bride. A woman who was killed by her unfaithful husband, and then haunted him. We were all listening intently.
"The husband attacked his wife's ghost with a sword, but then " She paused for dramatic effect."Ahhhh" Raven let out a high pitched scream causing everyone to jump, and people to look over at us." He had beheaded his young lover, instead of hurting his ghost wife. The end." She finished.
"That wasn't even scary." Miller said. I rolled my eyes, at him. I saw when he jumped, just like the rest of us.
"Fine then you tell a story." Raven said.
"Okay, " He was about to begin, but Monty interrupted him.
"I want to tell one first." Monty said.
"Fine." Miller said and Monty began.
"A young boy is sleeping in his bed on a usual night. He hears footsteps outside his door, and peeks out of his eyes to see what is happening. His door swings open quietly to reveal a murderer carrying the corpses of his parents. After silently propping them up on a chair, he writes something on the wall in the blood of the dead bodies. He then hides under the childs bed." I had to admit this story was creeping me out.
"The child is scared beyond belief. He can't read the writing on the wall and he knows the man is under his bed. Like any child, he pretends that he slept through the whole thing and hasn't awoken yet. He lays still as the bodies, quietly hearing the breathes from under his bed."I was scared so I grabbed whatever was closer to me, just to feel safer. It was Camilo's hand, he looked at me. "Sorry." I said and was going to retract my hand, but he held it in his. I looked at him. He leaned in to my ear and whispered,"I'm scared to." I turned my attention back to Monty's story.
"An hour passes, and his eyes are adjusting more and more to the darkness. He tries to make out the words, but it's a struggle. He gasps when he finally makes out the sentence. 'I know you're awake.'He feels something shift underneath his bed." Monty finishes the story.
"Now that was scary." Fox says. "I'm gonna go to the bathroom." Monty said and left. Then Miller began to tell his story.
"A girl named, Sarah and her boyfriend, Jack were driving through a wooded empty section of the road. The sky was dark in the torrential downpour.
'We'd better stop,'The Sarah said.
Her boyfriend nodded his head in agreement. He stepped on the brake, and suddenly the car started to slide on the slick pavement. They plunged off the road and slid to a halt at the bottom of an incline.Jack quickly turned to check if Sarah was all right. When she nodded, Jack relaxed and looked through the rain soaked windows.
'I'm going to see how bad it is,' he told Sarah, and went out into the storm." Camilo squeezed my hand, we both expected Jack to die here. Miller continued."She saw his blurry figure in the headlight, walking around the front of the car. A moment later, he jumped in beside her, soaking wet. 'The car's not badly damaged, but we're wheel-deep in mud,'he said. 'I'm going to have to go for help.'Sarah swallowed nervously. There would be no quick rescue here. He told her to turn off the headlights and lock the doors until he returned.Axe Murder Hollow. They both knew what he had been thinking when he told her to lock the car. This was the place where a man had once taken an axe and hacked his wife to death in a jealous rage over an alleged affair. Supposedly, the axe-wielding spirit of the husband continued to haunt this section of the road. Ahhhh" Miller screamed making me jump. He continued." Sarah heard a shriek, a loud thump, and a strange gurgling noise.Frightened, she shrank down into her seat. She sat in silence for a while, then she heard another sound. Bump. Bump. It was a soft sound, like something being blown by the wind.
Suddenly, the car was illuminated by a bright light. An official sounding voice told her to get out of the car. Jack must have found a police officer. Sarah unlocked the door and stepped out of the car. As her eyes adjusted to the bright light, she saw it.Hanging by his feet from the tree next to the car was the dead body of Jack. The wind swung his corpse back and forth so that it thumped against the tree. Bump. Bump. Bump. Sarah screamed and ran toward the voice and the light. As she drew close, she realized the light was not coming from a flashlight. Standing there was the glowing figure of a man with a smile on his face and a large axe in his hands. She backed away from the glowing figure until she bumped into the car.
"Playing around when my back was turned," the ghost whispered, stroking the sharp blade of the axe with his fingers. "You've been very naughty." The man raised the axe towards her and," There was a noise coming from the forest.
"What was that?" Fox asked looking scared.
"I'll go check." Miller said as he stood and left disappearing into the trees. Seconds later we heard him scream. Frightened I buried my face into Camilo's chest, he wrapped an arm around me.
"Guys what if it's the axe murderer?" Octavia asked.
Raven rolled her eyes."Its not an ace murderer, it's probably just Miller trying to scare
us." I slightly relaxed, but didn't pull away from Camilo. We waited for Miller to come out of the forest, but he didn't. I was starting to get a little more nervous.
"That's it I've had enough, I'm going to go get him ." Raven said. She stood and walked towards the trees. But as she was reaching the tree line, some one came out with a large stick, screaming. We all yelled and ran away from the figure. I held on to Camilo's hand and all of a sudden the figure started laughing, I hid behind Camilo. The figure which had one of those sweaters which zipped up to the top of the head, unzipped his sweater, regaling his face. It was Monty. Miller emerged from the trees laughing hard.
"You guys should've seen yourselves! That was awesome!" Miller laughed and gave Monty a high five. I scowled at them, but laughed as Raven went over to Miller and punched him. Then she went over to Monty and slapped him."Thats for scaring me."
Then she walked over to us,"I don't know about you girls but I'm ready for bed."
"Me too." Fox said, and Octavia nodded in agreement. They went to our tent, I then noticed I was still, holding on to Camilo's hand. I blushed and slowly pulled away my hand.
"Sorry about grabbing your hand and you know. I'm not good with scary stories." I said.
He smiled."It's fine I was scared too."
"Okay well I'm gonna go to sleep." I told him.
"Okay bye." He said, and walked to his tent. I walked to mine and instantly fell asleep. The next morning I woke up earlier than the others, the sky was barley lit. I decided to explore the forest. After about twenty minutes of walking the sun was almost fully up, and I had come across a beautiful lake. It was a little chilly outside since it was November, but I decided to dip my feet in. I was sitting near the water leaning back on my fore arms with my head tilted towards the sin when I felt someone sit next to me. I opened my eyes to see who it was, it was Bellamy. I decided to ignore him, to see if he would leave, so I re-closed my eyes. After five minutes I opened my eyes again and noticed he was still there. I sighed and got up to leave, but he stood up and grabbed my arm. I looked at where he was holding my arm, then at him.
"Let go of me Bellamy."
"No." He said firmly. I tried to pull my arm free, but he slightly tightened his hold.
"What do you want now?" I asked.
"To talk." He simply stated.
"We already did." I told him.
"Clarke I love you, and I know you love me. Why are you being so stubborn?" He asked. He looked at me with his beautiful brown eyes, and I was afraid I might give in so I looked away.
"I told you why. It won't work , we'll just end up hurting each other." I said, even if we loved each other, the lack of trust would destroy us both.
"Being apart will hurt us more Clarke." He told me. He slid his hand down my arm and stopped above my father's watch, where the heart lock bracelet was.
"You haven't taken it off." He said. No I hadn't and it wasn't because it had only been two days since we broke up, but because if I took it off it was as if I was saying that our break up was real. I didn't know it I wanted that, but I did know we couldn't be together. I also hadn't taken off the necklace he gave me.
"I having taken mine off either." I looked at him and he let go of my arm to unhook something from his jeans, it was the key. He showed it to me. Then grabbed my wrist and put it into the lock.
"These two fit perfectly and even though we might not, we are still meant to be together. Even a slightly misshaped key is meant to be with its own lock." He said. Though he said it a little oddly, I knew what he meant.my heart told me that we were meant to be, but my mind said we weren't. Who did I listen to?
He took both of my hands in his and looked straight into my eyes."Please Clarke, give me, no. Give us a second chance, I promise to do my best to trust you. And I swear I will love you." I looked at him, trying to figure out what I should say. I loved him, and I wanted us to be together. But, there was a little voice in the back of my mind telling me that we would never work. Finally after what seemed like hours of silence I spoke.
"Yes." I told him.
"Clarke pleas...." He paused," wait did you say yes?"
I smiled."I did say yes."
He smiled wide, then picked me up and spun me around. I held on to him and giggled. He put me down, but didn't let go. Instead he leaned in and kissed me. I was truly happy, and for that one moment in the forest, next to a beautiful lake, that little voice in my head was silent.