Chapter 85 The Concert

A/N There's the song I Hate Everything About You, which Bellamy and Clarke sing later on in the chapter. Woah, I just realized there is only three to four chapters left in this story. Sorry that it took me so long to update, and I'm sorry there's a lot of song in this. but it's a concert so...
Bellamy P.O.V
The Spring Concert was going to be tonight. It had been more than a month since I broke up with Clarke, and each day which I had seen her was torture. Even though it hurt me to see her it gave me comfort to know she was there, alive and well. To know she was safe assured me that I made the right choice by letting her go. What hurt me the most was seeing her around Camilo. Seeing her laugh or smile around him crushed me from the inside to the point that I had begun leaving school for lunch. There was a problem with leaving school during lunch though, I wasn't alone when I left for lunch ever. There was always at least a couple girls following me along with some I my friends, which I had stopped hanging out with when I began dating Clarke. When they tagged along the girls hung over me and the guys talked about all sort of random stuff which didn't make any sense. I payed no attention to any of them. Instead I thought of Clarke, and of how close O's plan was to being accomplished. Since I had told Miller about O's plan, I had been working with Miller's dad in order to imprison the loyal Grounders. Currently we had enough evidence to prove the guilt of the higher ranked Grounders of a lot of crimes which included house robberies, muggings, drug dealing, harassment, and physical violence. The Grounders were also guilty of attempt of murder in more than a few cases. I had needed to tell Miller's dad about what I had done, and he told me that I most likely wouldn't be charged due to the circumstances, and the fact that I was helping them catch the Grounders. All we needed now in order for the police teams to arrest the guilty Grounders, were specific names. They had a rough number of how many loyal Grounders there were in the city, which was about one hundred twenty-seven. So far they had about eighty-nine names, which Murphy and Lincoln had come up with. We were painfully close to have the Grounders caught, and I hoped that we would catch them. If we didn't then Clarke and I would be separated forever. I put on my required clothes for the concert, and then put my change if clothes for when I was singing without the whole choir in a bag. My required clothes included a black business-like suit, with a white undershirt. My change of clothes was a black t-shirt with gray graphics, and a pair of black jeans. Walking downstairs I adjusted my collar. O was already waiting for me. She wore her mandatory black and white dress.
"Finally Bell," she sounded exasperated."You take longer than me."
Rolling my eyes, I grabbed my keys from the counter near the door and we went to my Camero. We arrived to the concert as the equipment was being set up. The whole choir was going to sing two intro songs and then the groups would perform. My group would open up the group performances and then the class would sing three songs. Duos would then perform. Clarke and I would end the duo performances. Clarke and Octavia would be the first duo performance. Camilo and I would be the second. Originally there were only two spots for duos, but Mrs. Rose had decided on opening up one more spot. After the duos the whole class would sing five songs. The solo singers would then finish up the concert. Octavia would go third, and Clarke would go second. I would go last, closing the show. Octavia and I walked to our places on the stage. I spotted Clarke talking to Camilo and my stomach clenched. Look away Bellamy, I told myself. Look away. Mrs. Rose came in front of us.
She smiled."This is what you all have been working towards, so remember do your absolute best. Song your heart out and put your emotions into your voice." That was exactly what I was planning to do."And remember, even if you didn't get a group, duo, or solo spot you can still impress the representatives and get a scholarship." The stage curtains were shut, but we could here the shuffling of people behind it.
Mrs. Rose squealed slightly."Its almost time! Everyone stand straight." She made an up motion with her hands. "Good. Now smile." Everyone smiled wide while mine was more lopsided. "Great. Okay, good luck and remember to have fun." She scurried off, coming back with a microphone in her hand. She stood straight, facing the now opening curtain. Outside, the theatre was packed with people. The front row was being occupied by representatives from the top performing arts schools in the country.
"Welcome to Arke High's Spring Concert!" Mrs. Rose was cheerful as the crowd cheered."We have many things in store for you tonight, so without further ado Arke High's own Choir!" Once more the crowd cheered and we began to sing Hall of Fame by The Script. After our second song the curtains closed, and everyone rushed off to get changed. We only had a minute and a half. I changed quickly, then got my guitar. The others quickly got to their instruments. I would sing with Clarke. When Clarke came on stage next to me she wore a white dress, which made her look stunning. I swallowed and forced myself to look away. I couldn't look at Clarke the way I used to, not until the Grounders were in prison and she was safe. The curtains open and we began to play
For the First Time, which was also by The Script.
Me-She's all laid up in bed with a broken heart,
Clarke may have had a broken heart, but she seemed okay now.
While I'm drinking jack all alone in my local bar,
The only thing that kept from getting drunk off my ass these past weeks was the hope of O's plan working.
Clarke-And we don't know how,
How we got into this mad situation,
Her voice was beautiful.
Me-Only doing things out of frustration
These past weeks I had been going to the gym more often to simply let go of some frustration. That frustration was fed by having to see Clarke hang out with Camilo every day.
Clarke-Trying to make it work but man these times are hard,
She faced the crowd as she sang.
Me-She needs me now but I can't seem to find the time,
I had the time, but I couldn't endanger her.
Me-I've got a new job now on the unemployment line,
Clarke-And we don't know how,
How we got into this mess
It was my fault we were in this mess in the first place. I was the one who one was a part of the Grounders.
Clarke-Is it a God's test?
Someone help us 'cause we're doing our best,
Clarke's voice was perfect and I was sure the representatives would be impressed by her.
Clarke-Trying to make it work but man these times are hard
Being away from Clarke was hard. It was the most difficult thing in the world.
Me-But we're gonna start by
Drinking old cheap bottles of wine,
Sit talking up all night,
With a soft smile, I remembered the nights when I slept over at her house.
Me- Saying things we haven't for a while
I remembered the nights I stayed over at Clarke's house. Sometimes we would talk about complete and utter nonsense, while other time we would talk seriously and about us. Whatever we talked about, we always fell asleep with an ' I love you,' in our minds or on our lips.
Clarke-A while, yeah
Me-We're smiling but we're close to tears,
Ever since I had broken up with Clarke, I had faked a smile to pretend I was over her. Though in reality I was dying on the inside.
Clarke-Even after all these years,
Both-We just now got the feeling that we're meeting for the first time
Clarke looked at me as we sang, and I looked at her.
Clarke-Ooooooo
Me-She's in line at the DOLE*
With her head held high (high)
Clarke would never have her head down. She was too proud, to brave.
Me-While I just lost my job but
Didn't lose my pride
I wouldn't lose my pride and neither would Clarke,
Both-But we both know how,
How we're gonna make it work when it hurts,
Love hurts, love makes sacrifice, and I hoped our love prevailed when this was all over.
Both-When you pick yourself up,
You get kicked to the dirt,