Chapter 78 Lolo

A/N Sorry this is short. I'm thinking this story will soon(my definition of soon) come to a close maybe ten, eleven chapter. Im not sure how many exactly, but I know there are only a few more things which to be covered. That's a picture of Camilo and Charlotte's mom.
Charlotte P.O.V
I was cold, the whole hospital was cold. The hospital was also badly lit, and frightening. The hospital itself wasn't scary, the thought that I could- no would lose my mom was. Cam, before his accident, along with everyone else tried to hide the fact of my mom's sickness from me. It didn't work, even though they had tried, I wasn't dumb and I knew why we had moved with the Griffins. I loved Clarke and all, she was like a sister to me, but I would have rather stayed with my mom, so I could be there for her. I knew my mom wanted to protect us form seeing her sick, but what she didn't realize is that by keeping is away and unable to help her, she was hurting us more than helping us. The fact she sent us away didn't matter now, what did was that we were here to be with her in her final days. I didn't want her to be gone. I really didn't. A new wave of tears flooded my face. Cam's arms around me tightened. I looked up and saw his face was drenched in tears like mine. I'd never seen my big brother like this. I always thought he was the strongest, most unbreakable person ever. He had always been my hero, not my father, him. He was the one who protected me from our father. Because of Cam, our father never touched me. Cam took the beatings for me, and hid me when he knew our father was in one of his moods. Cam was the one who comforted me when I was scared our father would hit me, or when we were smaller and hid under the bed while hearing out mom's screams of pain. The first memory I had was in fact of Cam and I under a bed. I was small, and terrified. Though I was only three at the time I remembered it clearly. I had been crying, and Cam soothingly petted my hair and said,"Char it's okay." He repeated the phrase over and over again, eventually I calmed down. Luckily for us, our father had not heard my crying and had not come after us. Cam wasn't only the one who protected me, but also the one who ultimately got rid of the ongoing nightmare which was our father. I didn't know how I would go on without my mom, but I knew Cam would help me because he is my big brother. I knew that somehow we were both going to get through this hard time, together as siblings. Mrs.Griffin came back along with Clarke, and the doctor. The doctor began to speak.
"Mrs. Cortez, I'm afraid is gravely ill as you all must now."
"Yes Dr. Sing, we know." Mrs. Griffin said.
Dr. Sing continued."Well Mrs. Cortez she is in her last stages." I let out a sob and buried my face in Camilo's shirt. His grip tightened even more. "And at best she has a week of life." Mrs. Griffin looked on the verge of tears."You all may visit her, but I warn you she will not look like herself. She also is under some calming medications, and may not always be conscious of what is happening." Everyone nodded, and Dr.Sing informed us which room my mom was in. Cam and I were led to the room by Clarke, because her mother needed some air. We walked into a pure white room. I immediately rushed to my mom who was on a hospitable bed, surrounded by various beeping machines and tubes. Cam walked to the other side of our mom, and grabbed one of her hands with one of his.
"Mami," I said softly, hoping she was awake. Her eyes opened slowly.
She smiled at me. "Mi niña." I smiled back at her, then she turned to Cam.
"¡Ay, mi Lolo! Estas aqui tu tambien."(Oh, my Lolo! You're here too.)
Cam smiled down at her before asking,
"Mami, how are you feeling?"
Her smiled faltered for a split second."I'm feeling well. A bit tired but well. How have you been feeling with the Griffins? Has it felt like home?"
Cam looked up, and peered at Clarke who was behind me."Yes." He then looked back at our mom. My mom then took my hand, and looked between the both of us.
"Me da tanto gusto tener a mis dos mas grandes tesoros aqui, conmigo." (It brings me so much joy to have my two most biggest treasures here, with me.) We both smiled at her. Cam sat in a chair next to her bed and I laid next to her. Clarke simply leaned against one of the walls. Our mom told us about happy memories of when we were babies. Soon she began to feel sleepy and her eyes began to drift.
"You can go to sleep if you want Mami." Cam told her gently," We'll be here when you wake up."
She shook her head." I don't need to sleep now. I will get plenty of sleep soon enough." Tears formed in my eyes as I heard speak. My mother raised her head to look at Clarke."Clarke dear, can you take Charlotte outside so I can talk to my Lolo privately?"
Clarke pushed of the wall and walked next to the bed with a smile."Of course." Clarke extended her hand to me. I looked at my mom once more.
"Ve con Clarke, mi niña,"(Go with Clarke, my girl) my mom told me. I nodded obediently and gave my mom a kiss on the cheek before grabbing a hold of Clarke's hand and walking outside the door.
Camilo P.O.V
I turned back to my mom, as Charlotte and Clarke exited the room.
"Lolo, you do know I'm always going to be with you even if not physically?" I nodded in response. I still did not remember everything, but every now and then I received small glimpses of my past. Some had me wanting to crawl under my bed and others had me smiling. So far I hadn't remembered anything from after my "father'', had left. My mom was in a lot of my reacquired memories. Even if she hadn't been, I would know this was the woman I owed my life to; purely based on the connection we had as mother and son. My mom squeezed my hand.
"I know you know what's going I happen to me and so does Charlotte." Her eyes held the warmth of a billion suns."I want you to take care of your sister for me, as you have done until now. You'll be all she has left."
"I will."I promised her.
"Camilo I want you to know that I don't want to leave you, but sadly it's not my choice." She said. My heart clenched and tears prickled my eyes.
"I know." I told her."Mami how," my throat felt dry and I had to swallow before continuing,"how are we going to go on without you?" I blinked to stop my tears from coming out. She reached a hand to cup my face, then sighed.
"Ay mi niño bonito, mi Lolo. You'll get through it. You're life will move forward, trust me. "Her voice was thick with emotion."You'll find someone who cares for you and you'll be happy. Maybe you already have found that special someone who'll make you happy." My smile was sad, but it was a smile nonetheless.
"I love you Mami." I told her, holding back a sob.
"Yo tambien te amo mi Lolo chiquito." (I love you too my little Lolo) I leaned down and wrapped my arms around my mom, as if it was the last time I would ever hug her. I painfully realized it might actually be the last time I hugged her, and I buried my face further into her brown hair, not wanting to let go. There with my mother's arms wrapped around me as if I was a little boy, I began to cry. I couldn't stop my flowing tears; my sobs were growing in noise. My mom stroked my short hair, whispering that it was going to be okay. Was it going to be okay? How could it be okay? I couldn't remember much about my life, the memories I had remembered were mostly filled with a monster of a father, and now my mom was dying from a grave illness. None of that seemed to say everything was going to be okay, but right now I didn't want to think about that. All I wanted to do was enjoy the moments I had with my mom, even if those moments were limited.