1. Unexpected guest.

* Alex P.O.V *

What does life really means when it comes to living it as a loner! Giving up on your past and being given up by your future, being given up by everyone and everything! Embracing new morals, or keeping the old ones! If you even had any.

Probably, something in between.

Sometimes i don't give a shit about my own morals. I've been living a whole life trying to understand them and it was a miserable failure, since i was the bad guy in my own story, and pretty much in everyone's. I've had many  uncountable downs in my life, and that how i pushed everyone away.

I'm Alex Donovan, and i'm a loner.

I'm in my mid 30s, average height, brown hair and hazel eyes. Little pale but i got the whole package, they say.

But back to my life, it wasn't much merciful with me, and i'm not complaining. Most of the unfortunate failures were really my mistake. At least now i take responsibilities for it and blame myself.

For years i was exiled, but that was enough. I left home for more than 14 years, and i'm not ready to leave for any more.

I grew up in a small town called BriverWoods up in the north of the country. A cold and a quiet region. nothing much but it was home. A family of five, we were. Close and happy, but something fell apart in the middle. It was me. That's how i ruined everything.

And as much as i miss home, i miss my family. I still can't get over the fact that i let them down many times. After years of being a shitty mess, i had a moment when i knew that this is it. I have to change. Yet i refused to go home. I was still ashamed of myself. They won't forgive me that easy.

I spent years and years fighting my own demons. The time when everybody chose to gave up on me i was still having faith on myself, so i kept fighting. It wasn't easy at all, but i went through it. i picked up myself, and i was ready to go home.

I did. i went home after all these years. But i was too late. I came home to find that everything was gone! Even though BriverWoods was still exactly the same, the house was empty and abandoned, and for sale!

My family weren't living there anymore. Of course they left. It was sad enough, and it was my fault that i missed all of it.

I stood there staring at the house i grew up in. I don't know what i was expecting. Me coming home and my mom's running out the front door to hug me! Or my dad giving me that smile of 'I'm proud of you son! I was simply delusional.

The pain was unbearable! I still have memories in this house, the good and the bad.

I contacted the realtor for the sake of having the house for myself. He was surprised to hear that another Donovan wanted to buy the house, while the other Donovan was trying to sell it. I knew it was my younger brother. I tried to contact him through the realtor but he refused to talk to me. I can't blame him really.

So i got the house. I couldn't see or meet any of my siblings 'cause it was obvious they didn't want anything to do with me. They had enough growing up. But they will always be my little brother and sister.

I put all the money i had into the house, so i was left with nothing, but it was worth it.

The only consolation i had that everything was still the same. Every item and every picture. Every memory i once made around this house, around the neighborhood. It was still a small town suffering the lack of sunlight, quiet almost all the time during the day, but it was still home, and i was finally here.

I spent Saturdays and Sundays fixing things around the house, spending the rest of the days looking for a job. It was a small town so it was kinda hard to find one, specially when you are the black sheep of the most sweetest couple around. Things like this hunts me. People never forget.