32

"Hey! You needed to see me?" Ellie asks.

"Yes.. I bought you ice cream by the way." he hands her the cookie dough ice cream as she thanks him excitedly.

They walk together, sitting on the bench under the cherry blossom tree.

"Okay, so you've probably figured out why I asked you to come here." He says

"Well.. Not really." She says, half-knowing.

"We've known each other for ages now." He says as she nods.

"And I haven't really paid attention until lately when you've been hanging out with us and I wish I paid attention sooner..." Taehyung says as she stays quiet.

"And I've kind of developed some feelings for you and I was asking you if you could be my prom date." He asks.

Her eyes widen a little bit, "Oh Taehyung.."

"You know, I've had the biggest crush on you ever since we were kids.." She says as he smiles.

"But... I have to say no... I'm sorry." She says.

He furrows his eyebrows, "Why? You said you like-"

"Jungkook confessed to me." She says as his expression turns into a more betrayed and confused one.

"I don't want to get in between your friendship."  She says as his brows furrowed.

"I completely understand.. Ellie." He smiles at her.

She pulls him into a hug, "Thank you for understanding."