Chapter 9

In her 25 years' life, Bela was travelling in public transport for the first time. It was too much rush in the bus. Seats were full and half of the people were standing by grabbing the rod attached to bus's roof.

Till the city, it was quite okay but when the city roads crossed and village area appeared, the disgusting pit on roads were making the journey uncontrollable.

The whole digestive system shook so hard as if intestine would come out of the body through oesophagus and backbone would collapse because of the jumping of bus. It was more vulnerable than roller coaster ride for Bela. Bela's head was tearing apart by headache, dizziness and she was feeling like puking.

All the standing people would lean half over one another with every hurdle. Among them, a man with dense moustache and creepy face would overreact and intentionally fall more over Bela. Her blood was boiling at hundred degree centigrade and she was clutching her fist in order to not slap him.

Sometimes, he would pass a druggy smile and stare her with those red shot eyes. She was feeling disgusting even if she was hiding her face with scarf but maybe her eyes were enough for him to act pervert. Lol!

While the whole journey, so many times, she cursed her plan and thought to go back home. "Oh God!! These people, how does they travel like this?", she feels bad for other people who were travelling *comfortably* in the bus.

A little seat to sit, eardrum tearing loud music, conductor fighting with a woman for fare! She badly missed her black Maserati. Her luxury car was talk of the town amidst her friends. Finally, with God's grace, the journey ended.

Gripping her bag firmly, she steps down and takes a deep sigh, relaxing her stressed limbs. She hires an e-rickshaw for reaching her destination.

Noon was all set to merge with evening. Long journey towards west, reddish sun fading to set and earthy dust were making the surrounding clayey and foul.

To much of her surprise, early roads were not solidified but later they roads turned into concreted. There were only few house came in her sight that too pucca house otherwise on both sides of roads were fields. Rabi crops were tossing with cold breeze, ready to reap.

As it was mid February, the weather turned slight chill with darkness covering daylight. She covers herself more with shawl. Few people were still working in fields while few were going back to home. She felt something unusual and calm within herself.

"Jee yeh saari zameenein humare Raja Sahab Shekhawat Adhiraj ki hai. Bahot bhale log hain, hum sab ke liye farishta hain.", the rider of rickshaw says all of a sudden, "Khaas taur se Raja Sahab ke chhote bete Mahir baba! Woh toh bahot hi nek, tameezdar aur garibon ke humdard hain. Humare dukh sukh mein bahot kaam aate hain. Upar waala unhe saari khushiyan dein. Waise aap haveli kisliye jaa rahi hain?"

(Readers are you alright?)

At the sudden question of driver, Bela run out of words. Then, comforting herself a little she replies - " Tumhare Raja sahab humare rishtedar hain! Tum apna kiraya batao?"

"Waah ji Raja sahab ki rishtedar aur humare chhote se rickshaw pe safar.! Unke rishtedar toh badi badi gadiyon mein aate hain.", he mocks muffling his smile. She wanted to reply him back but gulps inside her throat, controlling her anger.

After a five minutes, she reached and with fast steps went towards main gate of SS Palace.

*

"Suno ladki!! Tumhe Badi Rani Maa ki dekh-rekh ke liye chuna hai. Tum har waqt unke saath rahogi. Unki har zarorat ka khayal rakhogi. Khana-peena, dawayi, saare zarori kamon ki tum zimmedar hogi. Iske badle hum tumhe achche kapde, khaana aur achchi rakam denge. Ishtehar toh tum padh kar hi aayi hogi waise!", A lady decked up in expensive saree and jewelleries who commands her was surely Sumitra who was resting in lounge.

"Jee Rani Maa, main samjh gayi. Apni naukri ki specif.. mera matlab khaasiyat ka pata hai.", she nods with down hung head. Internally, Sumitra's attitude was irritating her.

"Waise lagti toh kunwari ho? Aisa kya pareshani aan padi ki maa-baap ne itni door naukri karne bhej diya.", Sumitra examines her and asks with suspicious eyes. All while, Bela was standing in a simple black anaarkali, hiding her face with a veil till nose and covering remaining face with one hand biting the scarf by teeth.

(I guess you understood how she's covering herself like a typical Indian Rajasthani ladies do! But she's isn't showing she's Rajasthani, just trying their tactics to hide face as it's Mysore, Karnataka.)

"Jee mere babu ji nahi rahe, meri buddhi aur bewa maa doosron ke gharon mein kaam karti hai. Aath(eight) bhai behan hain, main matric pass, toh socha apni padhayi kaisi kuch fayda utha loon!", with utter innocence she replies.

(Damn Bels! So fluently, you're lying. Hats off my girl!)

"Huh! Theek hai, tum Badi Rani Maa ke kamre mein jao. Par apna chehra kyun chhupaya hua?"

"Woh meri Maa ne kaha hai, humare yahan kunwari ladkiyan apna chehra nahi dikhati kisi ko. Yahan toh bahot saare mard hai na, itne naukar honge. Amma ne mana kiya hai Rani jii..", Bela is a definite liar!

"Haan haan theek hai, theek hai ! Pata nahi kahan se itni ajeeb rasmein aati hain." Sumitra roll her eyes and calls for her favorite maid, "Imli ! Jao iss ladki ko Badi Maa ka kamra dikha do!", nonchalantly Sumitra drinks her milk fruit juice, which Imli bring just now.

Bela makes a confused face when she heard Imli but later taking a look at her she muffles her laughs, her heart wanted to laugh like maniac. Imli looks like a cunning girl in her early twenties.

______________________________________

My God!! I would die laughing because of Imli. The first name came in my mind was Meethi, then Khatti but later I decided Imli.🤣

But... But.. But..!
Bela in SS Palace that too as Badi Rani Maa's governess! 😳
Holy Jesus! It's going to be great fun having a annoying Dadi troubling a distressed Bela! 😂

How was the chapter guys and did you like this change? I'm sooooooo freaking excited!😌😅

Today's Pearl's Nani demised, I'm feeling sorry! May her soul rest in peace 💔