Chapter 19

"Hey bhagwaan!! Meri bachchi kitni dubli ho gayi hai.. Peeli rangat, aankhon ke aas-paas gadhdhe.. Aisi kaisi halat bana li hai aapne, beta!", Yukti Bua caresses her cheeks again. Since the time, Bela came back, Bua kept kissing her face hands in anxiety, showering love on her daughter whom she's meeting after while two weeks.

"Yeh ladki!! Vishakha..! Aane do isko! Yeh ek number ki bhukkad hai sirf.. Khud toh thusne lagi padi hogi aur meri bachchi ko chhod diya.. Apni khala ke yahan faaqe karwaye hain jaise meri nazuk si bachchi ko.. Aaye toh sahi iss baar khub sunaungi isko..", Bua rebukes.

"Arey nahi Bua! Aap usse kuch nahi kahengi..", she urges in worry - "Woh hum wedding attend karke, doston ke saath trip pe nikal gaye the.", she quickly comes up with an excuse, what if Bua snaps on Vishakha.!

"Uffo Bela!! Jhoot par jhoot..", Bela sighs deeply and rests her back on sofa.

"Arey toh beta! Sair ke dauran khaana-peena chhod diya tha kya?", Bua's needle strucks on her health.

"Bua!! Khoob khaaya piya, ghoome-phire aur masti ki lekin aapke haathon jaisa maza kahan?? Ab ghar aa gayi hoon na toh khoob jamm kar khaungi aur fit ho jaaungi.", Bela holds Bua's hand, assuring her.

"Chalo theek hai phir! Main abhi aapka favorite gajar ka halwa lati hoon..", Bua smiles and moves to kitchen.

Bela sits back, hunching her shoulders and resting her back. She hasn't feeling like to do anything and everything seemed melancholic to her. Her brain continuously went to that one scene.

Aditya touching her, holding her hand, tries to do wrong with her. She screams and someone comes and saves her. She had cried so many times thinking about it.

"Agar Aditya ne mere saath.. Toh kya..!!", she thinks incoherently and shivers.

"Aur tum yahan kyun aayi thi?...Bewakoof ladki. Tumhe khud apna sense istemaal karna chahiye tha na.", an angry manly voice scolding her, echoes in her ears.

Shehar ki ladkiyan achchi aur khoobsurat bhi hoti hain, jaisi meri dost Mrinal Raichand..", her eyes turns misty.

"Isi mahine mere Dad meri shaadi ka program bana rahe hain. Meri biwi aa jayegi toh wahi Dadi Maa ki care karegi.", Confident and strong way.

Bela's head aches as it would burst any moment. She sits up straight and presses her forehead.

*

"Chali gayi.. Kya matlab hai??", he asks outrageously shocked when hears what Sumitra said.

"Haan beta! Tumhari Dadi Maa bata rahi thi ki jab woh subah toh dekha Sanam kamre mein nahi thi.. Bas ek note chhod diya tha ke woh wapis jaa rahi hai.. Na jaane kaisi ladki hai? Na mil kar gayi na hi salary li..!"

"Arey Haan! Mom main aapko batana bhool gaya tha, woh mujhe bata kar gayi thi ki ek do din mein woh job chhodne wali hai.", he quickly provides excuse from her side. He just cannot tolerate anyone saying ill about her even when it's his mother.

"Salary bhi mujhse le li thi. Uski koi urgency ho gayi thi isiliye. Keh rahi thi jaana padega..", he says and moves to his room.

"Bela Shergill! Toh bas itne din hi yahan tik payi aap!!", he smiles mischievously, standing in the balcony, looking at the sunset.

How could he forget that day when Vyom had dragged him to Ooty. Where among the coldness of the  mountains, he found a girl lying unconscious who warmed his heart with the serenity on her face, while that feeling was unknown to him.

That girl was at her mid twenties and seemed like she belonged from a well-off family. He looked at the girl twice-thrice with a worry, pity and compassion.

Coincidentally, his family was talking about to conduct his marriage with his father's best friend Uday Shergill's only daughter. He would listen quietly about Bela Shergill all days and nights.

That's why when that unconscious girl's professors and classmates brought her back, he was utterly bemused on finding that identity card, she left behind on the ground. By and large, all the informations were same that he heard about the proposal by Paridhi and Sumitra.

He felt sorry subsequently that he looked at her so many times in pity but couldn't leave a glance of affection, admiration and fondness.

He was back with a weary soul and puzzled heart. The i-card was still in his pocket. Weeks after when he was asked to get that gifts to Shergill house, he agreed.

"Chalo! Maybe isi bahane, mohtarma ka deedar ho jaye aur uljhan bhi dur ho jayegi, wahi hai ya koi aur!!"

But much to misfortune, only an old lady welcomed him. There was no sign of the girl he was ecstatic to meet. While coming out of Shergill Mansion, he pulled out the identity card from his pocket, even the address was exactly same.

"Oh so! It's that Ooty girl only who's going to have the privilege of being my life partner!", he chuckled as he confirmed about it - "Well! Kab tak chhupegi! Ek na ek din toh milna hoga hi, aakhir puri zindagi saath beetane ke liye..", he smiled.

Then again coincidentally, he found a girl plucking flowers in the garden of his home. That face, that honey brown eyes, that innocence!! Only difference was that that Ooty girl was in western dress while here this girl was in a simple and usual clothes.

"Do logon mein itni similarities kaise ho sakti hain??", with perplexed eyes, he went in but his mind was screaming that Ooty girl is disguised as his Dadi Maa's maid.

With every passing days, his doubt was turning into confirmation. When Paridhi pointed out at her diamond tops in amazement, he also remembered that he saw similar tops in the ears of the unconscious girl.

Taking out the i-card, he looked intently at the passport size picture, it also had the same tops. Now there was no place for confusion.

"Magar yeh maid ban kar yahan kyun aayi thi?", he always got more confused on this thought.

"Khair!! Aapka maqsad chahe jo ho mohtarma, sach aage khul kar saamne aa hi jayega. Kya kabhi koi apni asliyat-haqiqat chhupa saka hai aaj tak!??", he turns calm and composed.

Paridhi was absolutely correct about her. Because of her attitude, talks and habits, she never seemed like a girl belonging from poor household. First that diamond tops, then he saw her talking on an expensive mobile phone. She was talking in a polite manner with frequent use of English words.

Mahir laughs thinking about everything.

"Bela!!", he sighs deeply. "Tum bahot hi bold aur confident ho but bahot hi buri actress bhi ho!!", saying softly he smiles then falls on his bed, closing his eyes.

*

Hey Readers!!
How was the chapter? Enjoyed it?
Well! Many of you had guessed it correct that he knows. Even everytime I also left a hint regarding this, that he knows! 🤪

Love! 💕