Chapter 4

"Dadi Maa!! Aap sunayein, kaisi hain? Kafi kamzor si lag rahi hain?", he came in her room after few days.

Asking this question, bring on calamity. Yashoda Sehgal, his Dadi Maa, grabbing the caul of her saree, near her mouth, bursts into tears, "Kya puchte ho, beta! Hum chahte hain ke jald jald se jaan nikal jayein, aisi laachari bhari zindagi jeeyi nahi jaati. Koi puchne wala nahi, bhool kar bhi koi kamre mein jhaankta tak nahi. Hum marein-jeeyein kisi ko koi farq nahi padta. Budhi jaan ko har zarorat ke liye aawaaz lagani padti hai."

"Aisa kyun keh rahi hain Dadi Maa, kya Chandni aapke paas nahi hoti?", he says bewilder. Chandni was the maid appointed to look after her.

"Kahan, woh manhoos toh apni shakal bhi nahi dikhati. Yeh sara kiya dhara tumhari Maa ka hai. Sumitra chahti hai ke hum mar jayein. Humara budha badan usse kaatne ko daudta hai."

"Arre nahi Dadu..! Mom aisa kyu chahengi.", he says suppressing his smile. He doesn't know what to say on her complains. "Main Mom se baat karta hoon ki meri pyaari pyaari Dadu ki care karein. Aapki dua'en to mere liye anmol hai.", he stands up.

"Huh! Tum khayal ka kehte ho aur yahan toh koi dawai pilane wala bhi nahi. Socha tha tumhari dulhan aayegi toh usse khoob khidmat karwaenge par tumhara baap toh pata nahi shehar ki padhi likhi, high standard ladki bahu banane wala hai. Wahan ki ladkiyan bahot nazuk nakhrili hoti hain, apni Bhabi ko hi dekh lo..!", her tone seems unhappy.

He stays quiet for a moment, listening her. Then, he speaks in utter softness, "Arre aise kaise Dadi! Aapki khidmat kyu nahi karegi? Mohtarma ko seedha karke rakh dunga agar meri Dadi Maa ki khush nahi rakha toh."

"Jao beta badi baatein karte ho. Humne kya shehar ki ladkiyan dekhi nahin hai! Haan, agar tum humare bhatije ki beti Mehak se rishte ke liye maan jao toh humara dil khush ho jayega. Apni ladki hai, daant kar bhi kaam le lenge hum usse.", she looks at him hopefully.

Sighing a deep breath, he moves out of her room. Dadi Maa came on that topic which he never liked.

Sumitra who was sitting on swing in the garden and one of their charwomen was pressing her feets. Looking at him, coming towards them, she leaves.

"Mom, Chandni ko maine kaha tha ke Dadi Maa ke paas din raat rahe still I didn't see her in her room.", he sits beside his mother.

"Beta! Maa kisi ko tikne de tab na.. Jo naukrani unke liye rakho do din mein bahar nikal deti hain. Koi sahi se kaam nahi karti toh kisi se unko smell aati hai.", she sighs and he bursts into laugh listening her words.

Muffling his laugh, he somehow says, "But Mumma unko akela chhodna bhi toh sahi nahi hai."

"Uff Mahir!!", she sighs again. "Tumhari Dadi se main tang aa gayi hoon. Unke nakhre kam hai kya? Saari maids ki itni insult karti hain ke do chaar toh rote hue kaam chhod kar bhaag gayi. Khana pasand nahi aaya toh khana unke chehre pe phenk deti hain. Dawai munh se nikal deti hain kyunki unhe kadwi lagti hai. Unka kuch nahi ho sakta..!", Sumitra narrate the troubles.

How much complain Dadi Maa had against Sumitra, she had the same for her. Mahir was well aware about their banters, so he calls Chandni and sent her to Dadi Maa's room.

Yashoda Sehgal, the namesake 'Badi Rani Maa' of her sovereign.

She was a potent woman of her time. She used to rule over the ladies of the locality when her husband was in power. Each lady came to her for solving their matters but since he died and her only son Adhiraj Sehgal aka their Andy ascended his position, she became only a nominal head of the palace. Now, her daughter-in-law, Sumitra Sehgal, 'Rani Maa', owns the power.

It's obvious that Badi Rani Maa is not able to see the sunset of her reign. She stills wants to rule like before but that's not possible at all. With growing age, she has become moody, grumpy and peevish. Sometimes her childish frets becomes headache of members.

The only one before she could whine is her younger grandson, Mahir. Both grandsons were the apple of her eyes but Mahir owned a big part of her heart. She has a lot of expectations with Mahir and always complain him about her tiniest problems.

*

"So, tumhare according humari problem ka yahi ek solution hai?", sipping tea, Ranvijay Sehgal looks at him with questioning eyes.

"Toh aapke khayal mein aur kya ho sakta.", he questions back as answer.

"Nahi, governess rakhne mein koi problem nahi agar Dadi Maa satisfy ho jaati hain toh!", Ranvijay vocalizes his thoughts.

At morning, both brothers was having breakfast with going through newspaper in which Ranvijay noticed a column published by Mahir for asking a female care taker. The one who could come here and live with Badi Rani Maa all the time and look after her every needs.

"Dekhiye Bhai, Dadi Maa se kal maine baat ki thi aur tabhi mujhe andaza hua ki unhe har waqt ek khariyat puchhne wale ki zarorat hai. Aisa koi jo patience ke saath unke gusse aur moods ko sambhal sake. Kyunki yahan toh koi unke saath rehne ke liye koi tayyar nahi hai ya phir waqt nahi hai. Mom aur Bhabi apne kamon mein busy rehti hain. Naukraniyon ko toh Dadi Maa bhaga deti hain. Kal hi dekh lijiye saara din medicine nahi li aur toh aur Dad ne badi mushkil se unhe Khana khilwaya hai..."

Doing justice with each dish placed on table, he was explaining the situation and Ranvijay kept nodding his head.

His wife, Paridhi was pregnant though three month only but she had so many tantrums. Although she has to take care of her three year old daughter Ridya and being a jewelry designer and owning a jewel house, she has a lot to do.

She doesn't get time to even peek in Dadi's room and Sumitra has her own happenings. That's how their life is going.

__________________________________

Hey darlings!!
You must be thinking how this notification popped up,
Is the author suffering with fever? How can she update?

So, yeah guys! Author has fever. That's why she was feeling bored while laying whole day on bed, so here's a update. 😂😗

And it's a twice update today only after two months. I guess.

What are your views about Dadi?
I just love this lady 😂
She has a lot to do in our Behir story.
I'm excited.