Starr Academy: Year Two- Chapter 5

Five

    Marek laid on his side as he stroked my hair lightly. I looked up at him with a sad face. I had slept for about two hours after he had to coax me into taking some pain killers. My heart hurt because of Derek. He hated me so much. Has he always hated me so much. Even when I sent them presents for their birthdays and Christmas? That I thought of them enough to make sure they knew I thought of them? How could my own family hate me.

    Marek leaned over and kissed my cheek. The uninjured one. “He’s just jealous.”

    “But why does he hate me?” I closed my eyes as tears started to trickle down my cheeks. Marek pressed a tissue above my cut.

    “Oh Hope.” He pulled me over to him and let me cry against his chest. “No one but an idiot can ever hate you. He’s just ignorant where you’ve kept yourself open. You love no matter what where he scorns others for having what he doesn’t.” He pulled back. “Please calm down before you make yourself dizzy again.”

    I took a few deep breathes and he encouraged me as I did. I looked around and noticed we’re in a very elegant hotel room, but there were somethings missing that you’d expect. “It looks like we’re in just a bed room.”

    Marek smirked and looked a little guilty. “Well, you did tell me you’d love to one day see how it felt to be in a suite. My parents got a huge suite with multiple rooms.”

    He got up with a smile. He opened a door. “There are two bedrooms in the suite. Each has its own bathroom.”

    I giggled as he pretended to be a show person and showed me around. After he was done with his room he came over and bounced on the bed making me bounce too. “I bet my parents wouldn’t mind you staying with us here. The couch in here pulls out to another bed.”

    I sighed. “But I’m staying with Franklin and his family. I like staying there and would hate to just up and leave.”

    “What if you needed a place to stay?”

    I looked over at Franklin with a frown. “What do you mean?”

    He smiled as he waved his phone in the air. “The school called. They want me to escort a new student like we were.” He put his phone in his pocket.

    I frowned. “Do I have someone to get?”

    Franklin tossed my phone. “You did get a text.” I looked down at my phone and read the text.

    As I know you would be curious, the school council has decided to allow you to enjoy your entire summer vacation. I know you are staying with Franklin Masters and as he would be receiving his assignment, you deserved to know. Professor Gilliett.

    I frowned. “I don’t get to escort anyone?”

    Marek rubbed my arm. “They just don’t want people to get an advantage with you as their escort. No favors.”

    I sighed laying down flat. “Because I’m a Lund.”

    Franklin came over and sat on the edge. Now I had both of them on either side of me. Franklin placed a hand on my shoulder. “You’re just really special. You deserve a full summer of fun in the sun. And hey! Where better than right on the beach. Patrick and the guys would love seeing you everyday.”

    I laughed. “Especially after today. They were seriously pissed off.”

    He smiled. “Don’t worry. I told them and they promised to not form a mob. They are not to go after Derek. They’ll just watch out for you. You’ve got your own bodyguards.”