Starr Academy: Year Two- Chapter 34

Thirty-Four

~~Hope’s Point Of View~~

    I felt dizzy seeing all the presents piled in my room when Marek carried me in after breakfast concluded. I had requested to be brought back to my room to rest. My strength was still very low as I hadn’t eaten very much for quite a long time and nothing while my soul was shattered.

    Franklin came in and shifted my pillows around so I could be sitting up. He sat on the edge after Marek placed me down against the pillows. “Is there anything I can get you?”

    I shook my head. “Don’t worry about me.”

    His lip quirked up. “I could never stop worrying about you.” He took my hand. “You’re like my sister. I care about you so much.”

    I gave him a tight smile. “I thought you liked me in another way?”

    He smiled brightly as he shook his head. “I’ve come to realize that you were right.” He cupped my cheek. “I do love you, just not how I thought.” He kissed my cheek. “Sister from another mother.”

    A giggle came out as I pulled him into a tight hug. “I missed you so much.”

    “I was always there near you and hope to always be there when you need someone.” I tightened my arms and couldn’t stop as I started to cry. He held me and let me feel his comfort for the first time in a very long time. I no longer needed just Marek’s comfort, I could trust my friends fully again.

    After a little, my tears stopped and I pulled back. He had a handkerchief in his hand and started to dab at my cheeks under my eyes. “Sorry. I’ve cried all over your shoulder.”

    He shook his head. “No need to apologize.” He looked in my eyes. “Do you feel better now?” I nodded to him and he smiled. “That’s wonderful.”

    I looked down. “Could you get me something to drink? I’m a bit thirsty now.”

    “Anything you want.”

    A soft smile came to my lips. “White grape juice would be nice.”

    He kissed my forehead. “I’ll be back before you could giggle three times.” He chuckled as I let out a giggle. I just couldn’t help doing it when he said it.

    After he was gone, I looked over to the window where Marek was looking out the window. My wrist once again felt bare without the gift he gave me a long time ago. Marek turned and was quick to my side as if he felt my sadness.

    “Are you alright?”

    I shook my head. “My wrist still feels empty.”

    He looked down and took my wrist in his hands frowning. “Did you take the bracelet off when you thought I didn’t want you?”

    I shook my head as a single tear fell. “It went missing one morning. I don’t know where it was.”

    He closed his eyes as his frown deepened. “I know where it went.” He opened his eyes and looked at me so sadly. “Kathleen has it and is wearing it.” He took my hands in his. “I’ll find a new one for you. A better one to show you my renewed love and blessing that it you.”

    I looked down at our hands as so many emotions swirled around inside me. Sorrow that he hadn’t been there, though he was there when it counted the most. Happy that he wanted to make it all right again. Anger that I just wanted to tell him to leave and never come near me. Finally, loss. He had been the one who brought me out of the darkness my family placed around me yet he created another one.