Vingt-neuf🥀

I'm sorry this wasn't the happiness you desired 🥀

you desired
🥀

Namjoon sat in his car for a long hour, not knowing how to force himself to start it and drive away, it felt like if he will stay here, in the psychiatric hospital parking lot, the things Yoongi told him won't be real; they'll be like a scary nightmare told by a horrified patient to a doctor or a schizophrenic's imagination, and if he'll drive away from here, it will certainly become real, it will become Yoongi's words and not some patients, it will become his friends's deed, and not a nightmare... it will become something he'll have to face.

With a loud sigh he forced himself to accept the realness of the situation and finally make his way home. However, he was so reluctant to go back, to meet the eyes of the people he trusted so much, to tell them that he knows and hear what they have to say for themselves, that he was desperately looking for a way to avoid it, and he soon found an escape, at least for a couple more hours, as he got a phone call from Yeosang, the dedicated officer to Yoongi's case.

-Yes? -he answers, voice soar.

-Can you come to the police station? I have to show you something -the officer's voice calm and serious, not a single hint of feelings in it.

-Sure -with that, he managed to save himself from encountering the upcoming.

Yeosang lead him to his office, gesturing him to take a seat. The officer leaned with his hips onto the table in front of Namjoon and without saying a single word he turned the screen of his computer towards Namjoon, pressing 'play'. Namjoon looked lost for a second; after such news today his mind worked slower than usual, until he finally looked at the screen, eyes widening in surprise;

It was a record from the Gook's trial. Why wasn't he invited to it, or why wasn't he informed before? He had no idea.

The hall was mostly empty, Soobin was Yoongi's representative lawyer, he was obviously distressed and angry, not surprisingly unable to hold his emotions like he usually does, letting the hatred and disgust be written on his soft features.

Yoongi's dad was there, watching the whole thing, eyes swollen and red, making it obvious he cried a lot, his hands are shaking as his gaze changes from pure hope when he looks at Soobin, knowing Yoongi's friend will do all he can to earn justice for his son, and unbelievable anger and hate when he looked at the rapist.

While Gook was seated smugly next to his lawyer, completely unfazed by the happening, seemingly enjoying the whole thing, his fat limbs relaxed as his eyes run over the present people with a dark chuckle, as if they are all kids who made a fuss about not sharing candies, or something along the lines.

All while his lawyer was horribly stressed, his jaw clenched, and his hand shaking, knowing very well that the case is lost, there is nothing he can do; he's familiar with the case, he saw the evidence, he read the accusations, he talked with Soobin and he talked with Gook, who openly confirmed his deed, but the lawyers job is to convince everyone in the opposite.