56 - The Patronus

Start from the beginning

"HARRY DON'T! HE'S ALREADY THREATENED ME!" Fred's yelling from the boy's dormitories could be heard in the common room. "HE CHASED ME AROUND THE KITCHEN WITH A FRYING PAN FOR GODRIC'S SAKE!" 

---

It was now Tuesday, you were sat at the Gryffindor table eating breakfast with the rest of your house awaiting the post. Hermione was anxiously awaiting the Daily Phrophet whereas Harry seemed to be waiting for something else. Within the past few weeks Harry had managed to conduct an interview about the night Cedric had died and when Voldemort had returned. Harry was finally able to tell his side of the story, perhaps this will get others to wake up and realise the Ministry are morons and that Harry is telling the truth. 

The owls flew in, dropping the post as they flew down to meet you all. In the past few months you didn't exactly get much post. Percy had sent you a letter but you chose not to reply to someone as idiotic as he was, especially after what he'd done to Molly at Christmas but despite that, a golden brown owl with eyes like gold rings landed in front of you with a letter in its beak for you. You instantly recognised the owl and the hand writing on the envelope of the letter, it was from Oliver Wood. 

Taking the letter from the owl and offering your breakfast to the animal you opened the letter which read: 

Dear (y/n), 

 I hope you are well. I am sorry for not writing sooner, playing at Puddlemere United isn't as easy as playing for Gryffindor. I hope the twins and Lee aren't driving you mad and they better be looking after you. I wrote to Percy recently, he told me all about what's happening at Hogwarts and after hearing what he had to say well, I'm glad I left when I did. 

Percy also told me about the Qudditch scores, apparently he got them off Umbridge. I'm so glad you won against Slytherin, that'll teach Pucey to make advances on you. He also told me what happened after and please let Fred and George know that if the pair of them aren't careful I'll come back to Hogwarts and sort them out myself. (y/n) I am so proud of you and I know you're one of the best captains Gryffindor will ever have. 

One last thing  I need to mention, tell Harry I believe him. And I'm sorry about the passing of Cedric, you know where you'll find me if you need me. 

Take care (y/n). 

Love, Oliver x

As you finished the letter you let Fred and George read the part where Oliver had threatened the two but that didn't go down well with Fred. "How come he's threatened us but not Harry?" Fred huffed. "I didn't even do anything -" 

"You tried to -" George replied but his tone changed when his eyes landed onto what Harry had in front of him who happened to be sitting next to him. "Bloody hell Harry, what've you got there?" 

Harry had a large brown paper package along with a large amount of envolpes. Inside the brown package was a copy of The Quibbler. Harry unrolled it to see his own face smiling up at him with the headline: 

HARRY POTTER SPEAKS OUT AT LAST:

THE TRUTH ABOUT HE WHO MUST NOT BE NAMED AND THE NIGHT I SAW HIM RETURN

"It's good isn't it?" A dreamy voice caught your attention, as you were all reading Luna had drifted over to the Gryffindor table and sat on the left side of Fred, next to Ron. "It came out yesterday, I asked Dad to send you a free copy. I expect all these," She gestured to the large pile of letters stacked on the table. "are letters from readers."