Reading

A/N: Trigger warning: Forced Isolation! This goes on for a couple parts, if you aren't comfortable reading please let me know and I can summarize what happens!

+

It had been a couple days since Y/n was embarrassed in Divination. Many students spoke about what had happened that day to others. They looked at her as if she was actually evil and filled with hate. She had no idea what was going on. Everything Professor Trelawney asked her, she couldn't answer.

Y/n had stopped hanging out with everyone. She distanced herself from her Gryffindor friends, her Slytherin friends, and even her boyfriend. Even though none of them cared about what happened, she still felt horrible every time someone spoke badly because they were hanging out with her.

Y/n sat near black lake alone at the bottom of the tree. She was reading a book her father had given her the day after the attack, "The History of Dark Arts".

She didn't know why he had given it to her, but he told her she should know about all kinds of magic. No wonder people think I'm evil. Why the bloody hell am I reading this, She thought to herself.

"A Horcrux is a powerful object in which a dark wizard or witch has hidden a fragment of his or her soul for the purpose of attaining immortality. Creating one Horcrux gives one the ability to anchor one's own soul to earth if the body is destroyed; the more horcruxes one creates, the closer one is to true immortality." She read to herself. "If a Horcrux is transferred to a person, it will create some sort of visible scar." She continued.

"Is that what she was talking about?" She said to herself. "Can it be possible I'm a Horcrux?" She closed her book, looking into the lake. She laid her head against the tree, No it's not possible I don't have any scar, she thought to herself.

She got up making her way into the Great Hall for lunch. She sat in her usual spot, like in the last few days. Alone towards the end of the table. She grabbed herself a plate of mashed potatoes, chicken, and some vegetables. She poured herself some juice and slowly began to eat, while reading the book.

Y/n had learned new information about the Horcrux, but since she had no scar to prove she was one– she didn't care. She turned her pages to the next chapter, "He Who Must Not be Named."

Her eyebrows furrowed upon seeing the title, she shrugged and continued to read.

"He who must not be named, took interest in the dark arts. He was the heir of Slytherin and grew hatred towards muggles and muggle born witches and wizards. His goal was to wipe out their existences."

Y/n stopped eating to drink her juice, heir or Slytherin? She thought. She closed her book and finished her food. When she looked up from the table she saw many eyes looking at her from across the room and across the Slytherin table. Pansy smiled at Y/n, but she didn't return the smile. Instead, Y/n got up walking out of the Great Hall and into the library.

"Have you tried talking to her Draco?" Pansy asked him and he sighed. "Yes like a thousand times, instead she just avoids me and goes the other way." Draco looked down on his food moving it away. "She's really hurt." He continued. "I've tried talking to her before we sleep, but she doesn't even listen. It's like I'm not even there." Pansy told the group. "She even stopped talking to the Gryffindor's. I believe they're worried for her too." Pansy said as she glanced at the golden trio. "They shouldn't worry about her, she's not even that close to them." Draco mumbled as he set his chin on his hand.

"C'mon Draco, we all know they're friends with her now. I think we should try and ask them for help." Pansy said making Draco look up. "Help? From Saint Potter? Of course, he's always coming to the rescue." He scoffed as he got up and walked away, but before he left he gave Harry a death glare– making everyone including his Slytherin friends roll their eyes.

Pansy watched as she saw Draco leave, sighing she spoke again, "I'm gonna be the bigger person and ask for their help. I know they are worried for her as well." Blaise and Daphne nodded their heads, agreeing.

Pansy took a deep breath before getting up, she was finally going to talk to Hermione. Walking to the Gryffindor table, many people looked at her like she was crazy. "Uh, Hermione, Harry, Ron?" She asked as they all looked up. "Can we talk for a bit?" The three friends looked at each other and shrugged, getting up. They walked out of the Great Hall and into the courtyard.

"It's about Y/n, I know you guys are friends as well, and me and my friends were wondering if she has told you anything?" Pansy looked at the three, waiting for the answer, but they all shook their heads. "We've been trying to hang out with her, but she's distancing herself from all of us. The things people were saying really got to her." Hermione sighed. Pansy frowned slightly losing hope. She has never seen Y/n this sad.

The most time the girls spent apart was during school break, but they still talked to each other. Not having Y/n around was odd. Draco knew they were drifting apart and he only hoped they didn't end their relationship. Draco admired Y/n so much and he really cared for her, more than anyone else.

He just wished he could be able to finally talk to her again, before things could get any worse.