Diggory

The three of them where sitting at the Slytherin table

The three of them where sitting at the Slytherin table. Pansy and Y/n were sitting next to each other, while Draco was across them. Pansy was talking about the party and how much fun it was, but she changed the subject once she noticed Cedric. "Oh look! The guy with the brown hair at the Hufflepuff table. He's the only one wearing his robe in the group– that's Cedric Diggory." Pansy told Y/n while trying not to point obviously at him. Y/n looked over Draco's shoulder and he turned around looking at Cedric. Draco rolled his eyes and scoffed as he turned back around to face the girls. "That's him?" She said slightly surprised. Pansy nodded, "He's not so bad." Y/n confessed, making Draco look at her. "But he's not my type." She quickly added.

"I'd say he's rather charming. And he's older. I would so date him." Pansy said. Draco was getting annoyed of the conversation. He certainly did not enjoy Y/n talking about other boys.

"Can we stop talking about Diggory now?" He said his voice full of annoyance. "Why are you jealous or something?" Pansy joked. Draco looked at her and glared, "I just don't want to hear you two talking about boys when I'm here." He scoffed as he pushed his plate slightly and left the room. Y/n and Pansy looked at each other in confusion, "What's up with him?" She asked. "I don't know, he was fine when we hung out."  Y/n shrugged.

Pansy knew what was wrong. It didn't take her long enough to realize Draco had feelings for Y/n. She would always notice how he looked at her, but she didn't think much of it. But now it all made sense.

"Hey Y/n I'll be right back!" She said as she got up. "Wait I'll go too-" Pansy tried to think of an excuse, "I'm just going to the bathroom I'll be quick just stay here." She gave Y/n a kiss on the head and ran out. Leaving Y/n sitting alone in confusion.

Pansy ran through the halls looking for the platinum blonde's hair. Finally seeing him she pushed past a couple people and stopped him. "Bloody hell Pansy!" Draco scoffed as she pulled him to the side of the hall where no one could hear their conversation. "You like her don't you?" Pansy told him. His eyes widened slightly, "N-no what makes you say that?" He asked her. "Oh c'mon Draco, you act like I haven't known you since first year." She rolled her eyes.

Draco sighed as he sat down on the stairs and Pansy doing the same. "You can't tell her alright? I just don't know why I got feelings so quickly! Like I barely know much about her!" He said running his hands through his hair in frustration. "It's because she's one of a kind. She has such a kind soul. I understand why you like her, Draco. She's my other half, when we met I knew she was going to be my best friend forever. I made it my duty to always love her and make sure no one hurt her. But I'll make an exception for you. I know you'll treat her right." She told Draco. Draco looked down on his shoes, "But what about Diggory?" Pansy got up, "I'll make something up so she doesn't agree on a date with him. You'll be okay." She told him. They both got up and made their way back to the Great Hall. "Thank you." He told her and she smiled.

While Y/n was sitting alone, Cedric noticed. He took this chance to talk to her. He got up from his table and went towards the Slytherin table. Many people looked at him and some Slytherin rolled their eyes as he sat down on their table. "Hi, you're Y/n right?" She looked up, "Uh, yeah, hello." She said quickly glancing at the doors hoping to see Pansy. "I'm Cedric Diggory. I'm a fifth year in Hufflepuff." He stretched his arm to shake her hand. She shook it as she looked at her plate.

She wished Pansy could come and save her. There was awkward silence before he spoke again, "So, I was wondering if you'd like to go to Hogsmeade with me? As my date?" Y/n looked at him, biting the inside of her cheek. "Uh well you see...I'm pretty busy this week. But thank you for the offer." She slowly got up trying to make the conversation end. "It's okay I'll just ask you another time." He winked as he went back to his table. Y/n left the Great Hall, finally meeting both of her friends.

"Where were you!" She asked Pansy. "I went to the bathroom remember? Why what's wrong?" Y/n looked at Draco and wondered why they both came back at the same time, but she didn't want to think about that. "He asked me out! He came to the table, sat down, and asked me to Hogsmeade." She told both of them. "What did you say?" Draco asked. "Obviously I told him no. I don't even know him. But he told me he'd ask me again. It was so embarrassing people were looking! Ugh why did you guys even leave?" They both looked at each other decided what to say. "What aren't you guys telling me?" Y/n asked crossing her arms, obviously annoyed. "Nothing, come lets go back to the room." Pansy hugged her as the three of them walked to the dungeons.

The three went up to the girls rooms. Y/n laid on her bed, Pansy sat on hers, and Draco sat on the end of Y/n's bed. "You'll be okay, I won't leave your side anymore. So if he tries to ask you again, he'll deal with me." Pansy reassures her. She sat up and sighed, "It's not that I have a problem with him." She said, causing Draco to feel sad again. "It's just weird, he doesn't even know me and he wants to ask me out? What game is he playing?" She looked at her hands. Could Cedric Diggory want to play with her feelings? The boy knew nothing about her, only her name. Why on Earth would he ask her out? It made no sense.

"He's an asshole, we won't let him get near you, right Draco?" She looked at Draco and eyed Y/n. "Yeah. Like Pansy said we won't leave your side anymore." Y/n laid back on her bed turning to her side facing Pansy. She gave her a small smile before turning her attention at Draco. "I'm going to leave now, if you need anything let me know." He said while lightly squeezing Y/n's ankle. He closed the door and Pansy got up laying down on Y/n's bed. She hugged her best friend trying to calm her down.

Pansy knew the anxiety she got every time she was alone. She felt like she betrayed her. "I'm sorry." Pansy mumbles. "It's okay, just don't leave me alone like that again okay? I hated it. He was so creepy, he even winked at me!" She told her and they laughed. Pansy couldn't help but think if Diggory was really trying to play Y/n or not. Yes he didn't know her, but what if he wanted to get to know her? It didn't matter, Pansy promised Draco she'd help him. Even if Diggory was a nice guy, it was Pansy's job to keep him away for her– she wanted Y/n to be with Draco, they deserved each other.