16. The Unexpected guest

"Come in" Zhan said, letting in Paul inside the house walking him towards Yibo's bedroom

"Hey buddy! how are you doing today?" Paul asked all excited to see his friend after long time.

"I was about to get some but then you called" yibo hissed at Paul.

Zhan panicked at Yibo's sudden response, and started thinking of an excuse to cover.

"What?" Paul questioned.

"About to get some sleep" Zhan said quickly trying to sound genuine.

"He was about to get some sleep, due to heavy medication he is sleepy all the time" Zhan said hastily.

"Really? I am so sorry buddy, couldn't help but worry about you after I saw you hurt yourself during practice. But I am happy to see you back to your usual self all sassy and savage, I will leave now you can rest all day long" Paul said feeling not so welcome but he knew Yibo well and wasn't expecting more.

"Lets go Zhan, your mom is making my favourite Wontons and chicken Dumplings for breakfast, I cant wait to eat" Paul said pulling Zhan by his elbow.

Zhan turned to look at yibo, who had the look of a person being robbed of his most priced possession.

"Let me get you some breakfast Yibo" Zhan yelled on his way been dragged towards the exit by a very hungry Paul.

Paul joined Zhan and his family for breakfast, Yanli was busy offering him wontons which he ate till his heart content. Paul wanted Zhan to join him for a movie later, but Zhan made an excuse and promised to go next week. All he was worried about the person he left behind unanswered, whom he promised to take care for the weekend.

"Mom, pack me some wontons and dumplings will take it for Yibo" Zhan requested his mom who was busy on phone talking to somebody.

Zhan was still trying to find the reason behind Yibo's behaviour. Yibo was as straight as an arrow, who dated the most beautiful girls in their school, then what made Yibo so turned on this morning. Not once did Yibo confess any feelings, they didn't even kiss. All Yibo wanted was for Zhan to accept it, may be Zhan was too obvious in last two days he was beside yibo, which might have triggered this feeling in him. Zhan thought it was useless to bother over something yibo will forget and might never even talk about again.

"Don't bothered going over Yibo's house now, I was on phone with his granny, she returned and yibo is enjoying rice porridge with her" she said making Zhan sulk.

"Are you alright Zhan, you look lost" yanli asked looking at Zhan's disappointed face.

"All fine" he replied stuffing wonton in his mouth as he tried to avoid yanli's question.

"Zhan can you help me go pickup Lizzie from bus stop, I am little occupied in the evening" his mom requested.

"Lizzie? What is she doing here?" He asked looking at yanli.