12."She is He"

"Why are you quiet? say something, answer me?" Zhan said raising his voice

Sitting on the bench, looking at his angry best friend Yibo was searching for words. what should he reply for keeping it secret and not confronting Zhan with the truth about that night.

After a long time, which seemed like eternity Yibo opened his mouth trying to explain.

"Reply to me dammit, I am asking something" Zhan said.

"Will you let me speak, without an argument or interruption. I will tell you everything you want to know. Just dont judge me" Yibo requested.

"I and Zoey had an argument that night, she always thought I was treating her just like friends nothing more" Yibo started explaining.

"I know all of it, I spoke to Zoey already You just tell me why didn't you tell me it was you who kissed me" Zhan questioned sounding harshly this time.

"Please I requested you not to cut me while I speak. Can you do that for once" Yibo said politely

"Why should I? If it wasn't for zoey I would have never found out you kissed me. You never intended to tell me. Is that what you call friendsh.." before he could complete his sentence Yibo cut him.

"Yes that's what I call friendship!" Yibo said yelling at Zhan. "You know what, Friends don't kiss eachother and that's exactly what happened that night. What was I suppose to say when I myself wasn't sure why and how it happened" Yibo said

"You were drunk Zhan it wasn't your mistake but I wasn't, I knew exactly what was happeneing and I didn't stop myself or you for that matter. I couldn't sleep that entire night thinking how to face you next morning. But when I met you who didn't remember his first kiss I thought its better to forget about it". Yibo went on explaining

"Have you listened to yourself every time you talk about that kiss, you always refer to your kisser as "SHE" she made me feel this, she made me feel that, she is love of my life and so on. How was I suppose to tell you, it wasn't she but he, A man who took away the most precious moment of your life, your first kiss. Especially someone who has always dated women and has never been interested in men. What do you think it would have made you feel" Yibo said finally getting chance to take it out his system.

"I still made up my mind and gathered courage to tell you, when we went for dinner at restaurant after school. Remember, I asked you who would you want to be the one you kissed and after I heard what you said I couldn't hurt you or made you feel less of a man because you really cherished this feeling of first kiss. I thought it was better for you to keep it as a beautiful memory" Yibo said with teary eyes.

"I am your bestfriend Zhan, I shouldn't have done that to you ever. I was guilty all along, I even tried to avoid you for days because I didn't know how to face you afterwards. We know eachother since childhood Zhan. You know me better then my parents. I lack social skills perhaps thats the reason you are my only friend whom I care for so much. How could I ruin it. I was afraid of losing you Zhan. Trust me I never meant to hurt you with my silence. I thought it was the only way to keep our friendship. I don't want to lose you Zhan, our friendship means the world to me" he said and with that tears which he couldn't hold anymore started to fall on his cheeks.

Zhan who wanted to say something but controlled himself after he saw his bestfriend in tears. He could see how hurt yibo was for what happened that night. He wanted to wipe his tears but hesitated. Perhaps he was feeling indifferent after knowing his soul kisser is by his side.

"My mom must be looking for me, and you need to go home too. Lets go" he said and slowly got up and started walking followed by Yibo. When they reach there home none of them said good bye or even looked at each other.

*******************************************************************************************************

Zhan decided to avoid school for few days, he made all sorts of reasons and excuses to not see yibo until he is back to his normal self. However, it was not easy for Zhan he couldn't stay away from yibo more than a day. He kept watching over Yibo's bedroom window every evening to get glimpse of him but was always disappointed finding his bedroom's lights off. Perhaps Yibo is keeping himself busy practicing he thought.

Paul called Zhan to check on him as he wasn't attending school. After avoiding his calls for three days finally Zhan answered.

"All well Zhan, where are you? Paul said from the other side.

"Sorry Paul, I was not keeping well so couldn't reply to your calls and messages" he lied.

"That's already Zhan, as long as you are ok. How you feeling now?" Paul enquired.

"I am alright, will be back to school tomorrow" he said

"Ok than, see you tomorrow" Paul said in excitement.

***********************************************************************************************************

Next day Zhan walked to school alone, he didn't wait for yibo to message neither he informed him he will be going to school today.

After taking his seat in the classroom he became restless as his eyes couldn't find the person he wanted to see the most.

"Hey Zhan, I missed you my friend" Paul said hugging Zhan with one hand over his shoulder.

"I missed you too buddy" Zhan replied with grin, "quickly tell me what all have happened while I was gone". He enquired.

"Nothing much I was bored, I felt like an alien from another planet with no one to have fun around. It was cruel of you both to leave me alone, how can you both fall sick at the same time" he said pouting.

"Both? What happened? Where is yibo?" Zhan couldn't hide worry in his voice.

"You dont know? Really? So called best friends", Paul said scanning Zhan all over with astonishment.

"The day you were absent he came alone, I asked him about you but he was clueless. He looked lost entire day, he sprained his ankle during practice, his team mates say yibo wasn't paying attention. I believe he was not keeping well"Paul finished.

"Lets catch up with him today after school, what say?" Paul asked considering Zhan agreed after all yibo is his best friend and neighbour.

"No, not today" Zhan said immediately."I have missed my lectures last few days and I need to complete it" Zhan said touching his neck avoiding Paul.

Zhan was feeling pathetic at school today, he was excited rather apprehensive to face yibo, he thought of different excuses to say to yibo once they face eachother. But without Yibo school was boring and lonely place to Zhan today, he was barely holding on not seeing Yibo last 3 days only to find out he won't see him another few days as he is resting due to injury.

After reaching home, Zhan felt hopeless like a dying plant which isn't watered for last few days and wont survive another day without it. He knew he had to do something, He cant just ignore his friend, who is rather hurt physically and emotionally.

He picked up his phone to make a phone call, but then changed his mind. Talking to Yibo wont do any good, he had to see him desperately he thought. Zhan never knew this feeling of missing for someone, he never felt the urge to see him so much.

I need to see him now ! Zhan said pulling himself together proceeding towards Yibo's house.

Thank you for reading...