18. Sister knows best...

Zhan went to take shower and later lie in bed. He knew sleep was not going to come anytime soon, so he just stared at the ceiling thinking about Yibo's face when he was holding him in the warmth of his arms, his warm breath which Zhan could feel on his lips was making him crazy. Zhan eventually drifted off to sleep unsure if answers might be forthcoming for his confused feelings.

The next morning Zhan decided to call in sick for school, he knew Yibo has recovered and he will definitely join back from today, this was his only way to avoid him for now. Zhan was not sure how to manage this storm inside him which was making him hide himself from everyone. He wanted to talk to someone share his anxiety, his new emotions which he couldnt understand to come to some conclusion. But the only person whom he trusted and helped him in such situations was Yibo.

Zhan was pacing in his room from one corner to the other, looking at the wall clock which was ticking fast, he felt the time was running rather fast than usual.

"Zhan, what are you doing?" Yanli called knocking on his door.

"Come in Yanli" he said quickly sitting and opening novel as if he was busy reading it.

"How are you feeling now Zhan" she said walking in

"I am alright yanli, just wanted to rest for a day" Zhan replied looking nervous.

Zhan knew it was difficult to fool her, she could easily see through him, so he tried his best to avoid looking into her eyes and continued reading.

"Zhan stop whatever you are trying to pull here and tell me what's bothering you" she demanded

"Nothing yanli, I have to prepare for my upcoming exams thats all" he said smiling.

"Preparing for exams ha, reading novel?" She said turning his face towards her and looking straight into his eyes.

"Zhan you don't have to go through it alone, we are family and it hurts to see you in a situation I know nothing about. Your bedroom lights were on entire night, do you care to tell me why?" she questioned.

Zhan knew he cannot escape from her, Yanli will not take no for an answer.

"Yanli its... it's about the person who kissed me that night" Zhan said in one breath.

"Its Yibo, isn't it?" yanli said blankly.

"How do you know? Did you always knew it, why didn't you tell me? Zhan kept shooting questions towards her with his mouth hanging.

"No I didn't, but I had my doubts since the day you asked mom who dropped you that night after party, and yesterday Yibo's eyes confirmed my suspicion" she said sounding proud.

Zhan felt at ease now that someone knew about it, and he doesn't have to go through the embarrassment to explain it further.

"Do you like him?" She asked in serious tone.

"I am confused Yanli, I don't know what to make out of this feelings I have for him. I will tell you everything if you are willing to listen and help me in any way you can" Zhan requested.

"Come on Zhan you don't have to say it, What are sisters for " Yanli replied with excitement.

"After I realised and he apologized for that kiss between us, we decided to continue as friends and never to talk about it again, but I dont know when I started to consider him more than just friend. My day is incomplete without him, my eyes search him every now and then. When Paul said yibo hurt himself during practice, I was worried to death till the time I didnt see him fine with my own eyes. I can't think straight when he is around me, his presence, his touch, and when he holds me in his embrace I....I..." Zhan stopped feeling short of words to express himself.

"Zhan I don't think you need my help in this, you know what your heart desires" Yanli said smiling at him.

"Its wrong yanli, he is a boy, how can I love another boy? Zhan said sounding guilty.

"How does that matter Zhan. its every person dream to feel this way about someone the way you feel for yibo. People are not fortunate to reach this level of passion and love towards another, trust me. And giving it up only because he is a boy would be a sin. Love has no gender" she said politely.

"What about him, he has dated women all his life, and yesterday he was out having dinner with Lizzie what does that mean. Even If I listen to my heart, Yibo's actions are more confusing to me" Zhan said helplessly.

"Zhan, I have practically witnessed you both growing up together, Yibo treats you special since the start, he is different towards you than others. What I saw in his eyes yesterday for you is not easy to find. And as for his actions, he is the right person to answer you on this" she said ruffling his hair.

"He wants me to meet him today" What do I do? Zhan said with confusion.

"Dont make him wait, just because you know he will" Yanli replied making him realise his mistake.

*****************************************************************************************************

It was quarter to eight and Zhans heart was flip flopping inside his chest, he was close to getting mini heart attack thinking about facing yibo.

After talking to yanli he was partly sure about his own feelings, he was preparing his heart for the extreme. As Zhan walked towards yibos house his heart pounded in his chest, he realised his hands were shaking so badly, he shoved them inside his pocket. This was it, he said before reaching for the doorbell.

"Door is open, come in" yibos voice could be heard.

Zhan stepped in, hearing the sound of the door clicking open then shut, Yibo turned his head.

"On time Zhan, good you didnt make me wait" Yibo said smiling softly.

Zhan could feel his stomach churning, Yibo was undoubtedly the most gorgeous man he has ever laid eyes on, "may be I am gay, but only for Yibo" he said to himself.

"What do you want to talk" Zhan asked looking at pair of brown eyes which were piercing a hole through him.

"Ohh! hold on zhanzhan, are you in hurry" Yibo said disappointing.

"Can I get you soda, or perhaps something to eat" he questioned.

Zhan started looking towards the kitchen, Yibos granny would always welcome him with warm hug and offer him her handmade delicious cookies and croissants.

"Granny is out having dinner with her friends" Yibo said realising Zhan was searching for her.

Zhan stood rooted to the spot after hearing what yibo said.

"What happened Zhan, scared to be alone with me?"

Thank you for reading!