3. Missing Him

Zhan opened his eyes to yibos message on his mobile phone the next morning

Yibo: Zhan I am going early for basketball practice. Will not be able to walk to school with you today

Zhan wasnt pleased with what he read; He started his daily morning routine anyways. These days he felt his childhood friend Yibo was drifting away from him. He missed all there fun, playful interactions. Sharing personal problems, spending evenings together, long walk after dinner. Even watching Kdramas.

Zhan was losing interest in watching kdrama these days and he wondered why, was it because he was watching without Yibo or there was some other reason to it. He knew Yibo meant a lot to him and getting ignored by him was really bothering him.

Zhan said bye to his mom and started towards his school. The day was somehow boring he felt. Zhan pulled out earphones from his pocket and decided to listen to some music on his way, all of sudden someone wished him good morning and he turned around to see who it was

Mianmian was walking towards him with beautiful smile on her face. She looked simply gorgeous with her waist length long black hair, heart shaped face and almond eyes. Zhan always felt she had the most beautiful features; she could speak through her eyes.

"I said Good Morning zhan," Mianmian repeated

Zhan came back to his senses and looked at her with half grin. "Good morning Mianmian" he said

"You are walking all alone today," she asked

"Yes, Yibo went early he has basketball practice to attend.'

"Today is my lucky day I have been looking for you since few days, I wanted to have a word with you in private" Mianmian said with shy face looking down at her shoes.

"Who me??" Zhan replied, suddenly uneasy thoughts of his first kiss started running in his mind. What does she mean by being lucky, and why would she want to talk to me in private? She was present at the party that night. But zhan wasnt ready for the conversation yet, what if she is the one???

Zhan looked at her carefully, he never saw her wear specs and her turtle neck dress made it difficult to see if she is wearing any heart shaped necklace

"Zhan I wanted to talk to you that night at party but you left without saying goodbye" she said to Zhan who was still in his own world

Zhan couldnt believe what he heard, she wants to talk about the night at party, the same night he had his first kiss?? Why??

"Zhan I have being feeling this way since a while now, and I am not confident enough to be the first one to talk about my feelings"

"Feelings??" Zhan could hear his heart beating hundred times faster than its usual speed

"Yeah my feelings, but promise me you will not say yes under pressure, but only accept it if you want too."

"Accept?? what are you talking about Mianmian??" He asked holding his breath to hear her reply

"Zhan I have never dated anyone, I am inexperienced at relationships and I am afraid of rejection, so want your help to ask Daaa......."and before she could finish her sentence zhan cut her off

"It was you who kissedme??" Zhan said

"Darren out on date" she continued, and stopped the moment she heard Zhan mention kiss.

"KISS? Someone kissed you? When? Where?"

Zhan was embarrassed the moment he realised what he has done, he face palmed himself for his stupidity and continued Ohh you want my help in asking Darren out for you Right

"Zhan what were you saying earlier, something about kiss?" She enquired giving him suspicious looks

"Kiss? I said Teased me, it was you who teased me that night at party, I was speaking in Korean language after few drinks and everyone was teasing me. I just thought you came to say sorry for it"

"Sorry? Me? It should be the other way round, you need to apologise to me, you kept on singing in my ears Girl I am your candy, Pop rocks, strawberry, bubble gum ."

"Oh did I? I am really sorry its my favourite song since I saw Baekhyun dancing in blue outfit. Please pardon my rudeness the other night and let me help you in dating Darren in return," Zhan said immediately as if compensating for his behaviour at the party.

**********************************
Zhan was walking home with Paul after school, he told him what happened with Mianmian today

"Mianmian made it easier for us to focus on other members at party now that we know it wasnt her" Paul said reassuring to zhan

Zhan didnt respond to Paul, he was lost in his own thoughts not about Mianmian but Yibo, he couldnt see Yibo entire day today, Someone from the team told Zhan that Yibo was too tired from practice and went home early, when zhan went looking for Yibo after school.

Paul suggested visiting there favourite ice cream parlour to change zhans mood as he could sense his friend was feeling little low.

"Dont worry zhan I promise you, I and Yibo will not stop until we find who face battled with you that night" Paul said and started laughing mischievously stepping inside Ice cream parlour.

"Speaking of Yibo where is he today, he wasnt in class neither he came to canteen during lunchtime" Paul enquired and to his surprise he saw Yibo sitting on one of the tables in the Ice cream parlour.

Zhan was dumbstruck when he saw Yibo with his girlfriend Zoey. He thought to himself what was Yibo doing here if he was tired from practice. Zhan noticed Yibo was still in his basketball jersey and was not eating anything, he had distressed look on his face, may be he is really tired from practice Zhan thought. Paul decided to inform Yibo that they were here, But zhan cut him off saying let the couple be. Zhan was a considerate friend, He knew Yibo wouldnt ignore him if it wasnt important. Moreover, the look on Yibos face made him concerned. Zhan felt little satisfied that he could atleast see Yibo once today, his heart which was restless seemed to calm somehow. Paul could see little smile returning on Zhans lips which was lost entire day.

Zhan and paul finished there ice cream and left before Yibo and Zoey who didnt notice them and were busy in some serious conversation. If not wrong Zhan felt he saw Zoey sobbing while Yibo looked at her helplessly.

Zhan returned home, his mother was busy preparing dinner. Like every mother she felt Zhan was too skinny for his age and needed more muscles and strength. Zhan went straight to his room and crashed on his bed, he was thinking about Yibo and what he witnessed at Ice cream parlour.

Yibo is probably busy with his girlfriend these days thats why he couldnt spend time with him. Maybe he is going through some problem right now, but why would he not share it with Zhan like always. Yibo never kept secrets from him in fact he called him his confidante, someone yibo could rely on during difficult times. Zhan was getting restless and wanted to confront Yibo.

After dinner zhan decided to sleep early to be on time for school tomorrow. He couldnt wait to see Yibo in the morning.

Next morning zhan got ready before time, he was waiting for Yibo and suddenly his phone beeped

Message received from Yibo

Yibo- "Good morning Zhan I left for school already, will be busy practicing today."

Zhan looked at his phone screen and felt helpless at his own situation. Why is Yibo avoiding him he kept asking himself again and again

Dear readers this is my first attempt to write anything in my life, Please suggest if I should continue or just forget about it.