13.Yearning

If someone makes you feel, let them!....reyna biddy

It was the same street, same house he visited hundreds of time before, then what made it so difficult for him today that he couldnt make himself cover the distance. His heart was pumping harder, breath was heavy, is he having anxiety attack he thought to himself clutching his heart.

Don't be so nervous Zhan, its just your friend you are visiting he kept saying.

He reached his destination but couldnt gather courage to ring the doorbell. He looked at his hand as if convincing it to co-operate. He wanted to see his hurt friend, he had to make sure Yibo was alright. He closed his eyes, took deep breath and went for it. At first no one answered the door. Zhan tried again, still no one. After waiting for few minutes and cursing his bad luck he turned on his feet to return.

Where was I when god was giving luck, definitely last in the row I guess, Zhan said to himself while walking back.

"Zhanzhan" an elderly voice called from behind. He turned around and to his surprise the door was finally open, Yibo's granny was holding it with beautiful smile across her face.

"Come in sweetie, why are you leaving already" she said calling him.

He quickly ran towards her as she let him in giving him sweet kiss on his cheeks.

"I must say you grow beautiful each day" she said cupping his face.

"Not at pretty as you granny" he quickly replied.

He walked towards the living room, scanning entire house looking for the person he was yearning for.

"He is in the guest room Zhan, he couldnt walk up to his room due to ankle injury" She said with a sad face.

That explains why his room never has lights on, Zhan said in his thoughts.

"Go see him, I will get you both something to eat. May be you can help me convince him to eat something" she said sounding concerned.

"What happened granny, Is he in pain that he won't even eat" Zhan asked.

"I don't understand young generation these days, one moment you are all happy, the next you shut yourself in your bedroom refusing to talk, eat, sleep. I am too old for this" she said "Help me get him out of bed for now, he hasnt left his room since three days, tell him not to be so hard on himself its just an injury, will heal in no time" she said walking towards her kitchen.

Zhan felt sad knowing about Yibo's situation and angry at himself that he left his friend alone during these days.

He walked towards guest room and knocked on it.

"I am not hungry granny" yibo screamed from inside.

Zhan knocked again "can you please stop pestering me, I dont want to eat I said" Yibo screamed even harder this time.

Without waiting for Yibo's permission, Zhan opened the door to see the person he was dying to meet last three days.

Yibo was sitting up on his bed, his left leg which looked slightly swollen was neatly compressed with elastic bandage and carefully placed. Door squeaked making Yibo's head turn towards where Zhan was standing now.

There eyes met and everything around stopped, none of them moved feeling weightlessness in body, the exact feeling you get when a roller coaster goes down. Clock kept ticking, one....., two....., three.... Zhan broke the silence averting his gaze from the most beautiful face he missed desperately.

What were you doing getting hurt like that, cant you be more careful during practice Zhan said walking towards the bed and sitting at the edge near Yibo's feet.