10. Have you kissed me before?

Zhan was lying in his bed after dinner, he was too tired from shopping today. Yanli is shopaholic he thought, who can go nonstop shopping for hours without rest, food or even bathroom breaks, but then which girl isnt? he thought to himself. He was also thinking about what Zoey said, if yibo broke up with her why hasnt he said so earlier. Yibo has never kept secrets from Zhan, but in past one month Zhan felt as he doesnt know his best friend anymore. Yibo is always busy practicing, avoiding Zhan. He never tells him anything anymore, especially about Zoey. Zhan remembers when he asked yibo about when they met at ice cream parlour coincidently, yibo had ignored him and showed disinterest in sharing anything. All this thoughts made him restless, he kept tossing and turning looking at his mobile. He wanted to speak to yibo, but how? what will he ask he thought, he was trying to think of some excuse. Zhan regret asking Zoey about yibo today he unintentionally hurt her feelings. He hastily decided to call her and apologize.

He looked for her number through his mobile phone and dialled.

After few rings someone answered. "Hello Zhan, good you called I was thinking of calling you just now" Zoey said.

"Really? anything important" Zhan asked.

"Well, do you mind if I ask you for your sisters number, I need to check with her on the shopping she did earlier. She has great taste you know" Zoey said.

"Off course Zoey why not, but before that let me apologize to you for being rude today, If I knew about you and Yibo I wouldnt have hurt you with my question. I know how much you care for him" Zhan said quickly sounding apologetic.

"Dont be sorry Zhan, it was long coming, relationship without feelings have no future. We were together but I always felt empty. Our kiss lacked passion, emotions. You wont believe how many times I asked him to evaluate his feelings about whom he loves. Being together doesn't necessary mean two people are in love, 'Loving someone' and 'being in love' are two different things. I even had to fight him to wear the valentine's couple heart necklace I bought for us. He just treated me like any other friend, nothing special" she said sounding hurt.

Zhan was listening to her patiently, trying to sympathise with her. His mind quickly started processing what she said.

"Zoey, Does yibo have same heart shaped necklace like you" he questioned waiting for her reply as if he was about to uncover something that is waiting for long to be discovered.

"Off course! It was valentine's gift from me, I even forced him to wear it that night at party and thats when he got upset. Anyways I'm over him its being weeks now" She said assuring.

Zhan was looking at his watch, "I got to go I will share Yanli's number with you" he promised Zoey before hanging up.

Zhan quickly started to recollect his thoughts on party that night. Zhan was drunk like a fish there was no way he could walk home on his own. Yibo left early, Paul wasnt around for long either, Darren was out of question, the only way he could have reached home safely was either one of the girls walked him home or the secret kisser was with him. He quickly decided to talk to Yanli, he ran downstairs to the kitchen.

Yanli is sleeping already his mom said. Zhan couldnt wait till morning to ask her as his curiosity was killing him.

"Mom, do you remember who dropped me home when I returned late from party that night" Zhan asked hoping for an answer.

Zhan's mother who was busying doing dishes looked at him. "Who else Yibo" she replied. He even walked you to your bedroom so your dad wont find out you were wasted" she said angrily.

Zhans heart was in conflict with his mind now, he wanted his messed up mind to come to a conclusion but decided rather not, until he hears it from the horse's mouth.

He told his mom he is going for a walk and quickly ran out of his house. He started running towards the corner alley to find Yibo who must be on his way home from practice. It was dark and cold, Zhan couldnt care less as he came running in his nightshirt just to put an end to this mystery which haunted him for long. He sat on the bench near sidewalk waiting for yibo, he kept looking at his mobile screen from time to time, thought of calling yibo crossed his mind but he hesitate. Few minutes later he saw a silhouette of someone carrying duffle bag walking with heavy feet towards him, he needed no second opinion to guess who it was, it was indeed Wang yibo.

Yibo noticed Zhan sitting on bench all alone as he approached making himself comfortable sitting beside him.

"What are you doing here, isnt it your time to hit the sack" he said laughing at Zhan.

Zhan turned to look at Yibo who despite being tired from entire day practice managed to give him his sweetest smile. Suddenly Zhan felt short of words, he could feel his heart was pumping hard against his chest was it from running or perhaps he was too apprehensive to ask his question which could ruin 13yrs of there beautiful friendship.

"Have you kissed me before?" Zhan asked without hesitation.

Yibo who was smiling suddenly froze as his innocent little friend was demanding an answer for a question which he never saw coming.

"It was you who dropped me home that night, didn't you?" Zhan said looking at yibo. Was it fun watching me go crazy over my first kiss, trying to find who it was, thinking of all the possibilities to search that one person who was responsible for giving me my perfect kiss"

"Why are you quiet? say something, answer me?" Zhan said raising his voice.

"Did I satisfy your ego Yibo, I kept gabbing about how special it made me feel, the touch, the sweet smell of your body, your heart shaped pendant". "We were listening to songs on your earpods right? I remember now, I remember everything" Zhan said looking confidently at his blameworthy friend who was still sitting with his lips sealed.

 "We were listening to songs on your earpods right? I remember now, I remember everything" Zhan said looking confidently at his blameworthy friend who was still sitting with his lips sealed

Dear readers, I have been eagerly waiting for your comments, advice and votes on my story. I really don't know if you have liked my story and is worth going on. I am fairly new to this world and this is my first attempt, the only thing that will keep me going is your motivation and advise. Please feel free to share your opinion.