slow dancing in the dark

jisung pov

when we get to my room he connects his phone to my speaker as i sit on the bed. he plays his 'i'm in a coming of age movie' playlist and i look at him and tilt my head. he turns up the speaker a little and grabs my hand, pulling me up.

he brings me to the center of my room and we start slow dancing. the lights are off and the curtains are open. the only light in the room is the soft glow of the moon shining down on us.

"hyung, why?"

"because you deserve to know how much you're worth. you deserve to know that i love you so much. i know we haven't known each other for long, but i simply can't get enough of you. i don't want to protect you because i think you're weak. that's not it at all. you've been fighting alone for too long, sungie. i want to be the one to make you happy, to comfort you when you're sad, calm you down when you're mad or having a night mare. i want to wake up next to your face every day. i want to show you how loved you are but i'm afraid there isn't enough i can do to show that. i know physical touch is your first love language. i know you don't want to be spoiled with material things. i know you pay attention to the little things. and i will never stop reminding you i love you so much."

"but hyung, i'm broken."

"sungie, i don't care that you're broken. i love you because you're you."

i start crying as i bury my head in his chest and we just keep dancing.

"you're so caring hyung. you're so beautiful and funny and kind and caring. ever since we've met, all you've done is care for me. i cant thank you enough."

"you don't need to, petal. knowing you're safe is all i need. you may not be 100% happy, but you're not as bad as you were before we met. yeah, i saw you and i observed. i've definitely seen an improvement in your mental health."

"what about my scars, hyung?"

"they're a part of you. there's nothing wrong with them. it shows you've survived. and now it's time for you to start living."

i leaned in and kissed him. just like our first one, it was full of love and passion. we break away from the kiss and he leans his forehead against mine. we continue to slow dance.

"of all the places i've been, with you is my favorite place."

"hyung, you're so cheesy!"

"hahaha i know princess. only for you."

we lay down on the bed and cuddle. we lay there and talk all night, not paying attention to the sun that's rising. "let's go get coffee?"

"yeah, lets get dressed. can i wear one of your hoodies hyung?"

"of course princess!" we walked over to his room and he grabbed the hoodie off his bed. "here wear this one. just put on jeans we won't be going anywhere fancy."

i nod and go to my room to get ready. i take a shower and brush my teeth. i quickly dry my hair and just ruffle it. i put on a little makeup so it's not obvious i was up all night talking to the love of my life. i also make sure to cover the hickeys that are still prominent on my neck. i go into the kitchen and see minho holding a glass of water.

"oh- here ji, this is for you." he smiles as he hands it to me.

"thanks hyung! i'll go take my meds and then we can go, yeah?"

"alright ji." he held up finger hearts and i just giggled at him and went to my bathroom. i quickly take my meds and walk back to minho. "ready to go?"

"yeah hyung!"

"where are you guys going?"

"oh chan hyung, we're going out to buy coffee."

"okay you two. don't stay out too late into the night this time." he eyes us.

"yes dad." we both say and laugh as we walk out of the house.

we walk to the cafe, hands intertwined. i feel like staying up all night with him has brought us closer. i've definitely fallen deeper in love. i'm just not ready for people to know yet.

we order iced americanos to go and walk around.

"you know, maybe we shouldn't have gotten a cold drink in october." minho laughs and its the cutest fucking thing.

"it is what it is i guess." i respond and we just laugh.

"so, amusement park?"

"REALLY HYUNG?!?"

"yeah," he giggled. "i remember you telling me about how much you loved them when you were little. so, i thought you'd like going to an amusement park for our third date."

"I LOVE IT I LOVE IT I LOVE YOU THANK YOU HYUNG!" i shout, jumping like a little kids. he giggled sweetly as he kisses me on the lips.

"let's go then princess!" and we start walking to the amusement park, talking about everything yet nothing at the same time.

we get there and i drag him on all the rides. we spend the couple of hours laughing and screaming. we take a break to eat and we hit a bunch of food stalls. amusement park food hits different. after lunch, we go to all the games and spend the rest of our time winning each other stuffed animals.

we walk home around 6pm. this time we don't hold hands because our hands are full of stuffed animals and photos. we even got some nice stranger to take a polaroid picture of us holding our stuffed animals!

we walk through the door and everyone is chilling and doing their thing. "so, coffee huh?" chan looks up at us.

"shhhhhhh hyung." minho says, walking up the stairs to his room. i walk into my room and set my babies on my bed. minho comes in while i'm organizing them on the bed. he giggles softly and wraps his hands around my waist, back hugging me.

"i love you." he whispers as he kisses my neck gently. "chan hyung wants us to eat dinner with them."

"i love you too hyung. and okay."

"uuuugggghhhh but i just wanna stay with youuuuuu." he pouts and i just laugh and kiss his lips.

sorry the dates don't go into detail, i'm tired. but i love you all 🥺💗✨