chapter twenty four

The next day.

We sat at the kitchen table and discussed the everything."And what about P?" Diamond asked. "We will worry about P when the time comes but for now we on this" I said. I looked at Apple and she was deep in her phone. "Apple did you hear me?" I asked. She nodded her head yeah. Then she started jumping up and down. "My kids on the way over here" She said smiling. "That bitch going out of town so I got them for the whole weekend" She added jumping up and down. I started to smile. Apple is a totally different woman when she have her kids. Besides all the wild shit that goes on in her life, motherhood is what she has on lock I don't care if they not in her custody. She's still their mom, distance ain't shit.
Then there was a knock at the door.
"They here already" Diamond said. Apple got up and ran to the door. She didn't even say who is it she just swung the door open. "Auntie" Apple said in shock. I looked up and it was Diamond's momma. I looked at Diamond and his face was blank. "What you doing here Mae" He shot at her. "Can I come in" Mae said. "No now why are you here" Diamond said shouting at his momma. "Respect her she is still your momma" Apple said. Diamond face had mad written all over it. Ms Mae stepped in and Apple closed the door behind her. "I was at church and heard my son was in jail" She said. "Yea but as you can see I'm good" He said. "I'm happy to you see and I was wondering if maybe we could sit down and try to fix our relationship" She said. Diamond laughed. "Hell fucking no" Diamond said. "Excuse me" His momma said thinking she heard wrong. "I said hell fucking no, you think you can step in here 5 years later no contact no nothing and think shit sweet, Nah this ain't that" Diamond said. "You right I was wrong and that was very foolish of me I know I did wrong by you Des baby but god told me to show up today" She said shaking her head yes. "He said it's time to fix our relationship" She added. "So it took god to tell you after 5 years to finally speak to your only son?" Diamond asked confused. "Where was god when you was calling me a demon for being who I am where was god when you through me out for putting on some fucking lip gloss Mae" Diamond added shedding tears. "I was homeless, hungry and lost" Diamond continued. Mae tried to grab Diamond hand. Diamond refused and took a step back. "Don't touch new" He said in tears. "I'm so sorry I can't go back and change nothing the damage is done and all I can do now is do right by you and show you that I'm ready to listen I'm ready to be that mother I should of been years ago. I made a mistake putting you out and making you face all of this alone" Mae said crying. "You deserve so much more then my apology but son I am sorry I should of accepted you I was just" Mae said pausing trying to figure out the right thing to say. She then looked at Apple. "I'm sorry I haven't been a better aunty for you and my great niece and nephew I hope you can find it in your heart to forgive me" Mae said. "I forgive you aunty" Apple said pulling Mae in for a hug. "I love you aunt Mae" Apple said hugging Mae tight. "I love you more Apple" She said. "Thank you Apple for giving me another chance" Mae said smiling. That's when Diamond took Mae hand. Mae looked Diamond in his eyes and hugged her son. Diamond broke down and held his mother tight. "Thank you lord" Mae said holding her son.
Later that day, we all decided to go back to Mae house to catch up and have dinner. Moments like these is why you should be thankful for family. The little things like this is what give us the best memories in the world. All the bull shit we've been going through, we needed someone to tell us that we matter and we are loved. We enjoyed one another company until the kids got sleepy and that's when we said our goodbyes and headed home. When we got back to Apples' she put her kids to bed and joined me and Diamond in the living room. "I love y'all so much I don't know where I'll be without y'all" Apple said. "We love you too girl" Diamond and I said in harmony. "The whole time at Aunt Mae's I couldn't help but think about my life and how I wanted this to be permanent and not temporary" She said. "I just can't let my kids go back" She added. "No they have to go back Apple or they gone say you tried to kidnap them then yo ass gone be locked back up for some child endangerment type shit" Diamond. "Then you ain't gone never get my lil cousins back" He added shaking his head. "How I'm feeling right now I'm willing to take a risk" Apple said. "Yea risking it all when you can keep doing it the legal way" Diamond said trying to talk sense into Apple. She shook her head no. "I don't care after we do Kash ass Me and my two children are gone for good" Apple said. "Nina say something to this woman she talking complete nonsense" Diamond said to me. "I'm sorry but Apple is right, we causing a lot of commotion in the city right now I think it's best we skip too" I said to Diamond. Even though this could get Apple in trouble trouble she my sister and I have to ride out for her on this one. "Diamond you of all people should want to leave and start fresh meet someone new do something new ya know" Apple said trying to convince Diamond. "I don't know Apple" Diamond said low. "Well we ain't got much time Kash fly in tomorrow" I said. "My bags will be packed tonight and the car will be loaded first thing in the morning" Apple said getting up. I felt the vibration from my phone and immediately grabbed it. It was a text from Kash. It read: I just touched down. "Speaking of the devil Kash just texted me" I said. "What he say" Diamond and Apple said together. "That he's back in town" I said.
I replied back:

Good, can't wait to see you😙.